Spanx / excess international delivery charges

1 Germany Review updated:

I live in Germany and wanted to order 3 items from the Spanx.com website, prior to adding anything to my shopping cart, I checked out the international shipping details and costs, which stated it would be approx $54.00 for express delivery. I was prepared to pay this amount as I wanted the goods as soon as possible and proceeded to purchase the items I wanted and once I got to the checkout stage of ordering, I noticed that an additional International Handling Fee of $48 was being added to the order, making a total shipping cost of over $100 !!! This fee is not declared upfront anywhere on their website, so shoppers please BEWARE and make sure you check your charges very carefully before pressing that payment button.

Gr

Comments

• Da
      2nd of Feb, 2012

I also noticed this fee when I was about to finish putting through an order. They say it is for 'international duty fees' which are charged by the government of wherever the package is being delivered. Thing is, I live in Australia and for anything that is imported under the value of $1000.00 there are no fees charged by our government. I brought this to the attention of spanx customer service but they have gone strangely quiet... I didn't get an answer when I asked this but where does that money go???