Sovereign Bank / sovereign bank steals from high schooler, tries to ruin his life
"I will pay them the 75$ that I overspent. I do have that money. I'm not some sort of irresponsible idiot. But sovereign bank charged me $264 and tried to hide it from me."
Here's a great story. Sovereign bank blames all of this on a skynet-like automated computer system *gasp!* that is responsible for billing clients, as seen in the complaint about the 7-year-old girl. I recently spent some money that I did not have. Meaning that my account balance went 75 below 0. I was not notified, but sovereign bank almost immediately billed me $264.
Due to some sort of a computer error on their part, I was not able to view my sovereign bank account online. I am only an 18 year old high schooler, but these conglomerate white-collar thugs are threatening to ruin my credit before I go to college. I want to send this message to my congressman. To the ceo of sovereign bank. Anyone! I am desperate here.
I had no problem keeping my cash in a safe at home. But my parents gave me this account as a gift. I did not realize that as soon as I transferred/spent funds out of my sovereign account, they could disproportionately, incessantly bill me.
Sovereign bank is holding my money hostage. I recently got a letter in the mail saying something along the lines of 'the following fees will be applied as of now.' with a list of new fees, charges, and taxes that all sovereign bank customers would now have to pay.
Come on. That is insane.
More Sovereign Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Santander Consumer USA - illegal practices and consumer harrassment 
- Santander Consumer USA - join in on the class action lawsuit 
- Santander Consumer USA - unethical service 
- Santander Bank - mishandling of purchased autoloan 
- Santander Consumer USA - refund due 
- Santander Consumer USA - thieves stealing money and hijacking car prices
- Santander Consumer USA - santander/ debt payment
- Santander Consumer USA - auto loan/ repossession
- Santander Consumer USA - car loan
- Santander Consumer USA - auto loan