South African Airwaystheft from luggage

as usual SAA does it again, and it seems nothing will happen to the thieves either.On a trip from PE to Zambia i had to book my luggage in and then requested to collect and re book my luggage at JHB Airport myself, as i wanted to make sure it all arrives safely.well on my arival in JHB all my bags were there, so i re booked them for my trip to Lusaka.on arival at Lusaka i was told that 1 of my bags stayed behind in JHB and will be on the next flight arriving.Next morning went back to airport and my bag was there but it was opened and i discovered some of my personal items missing.Now i wonder how this could happen when all my bags are taken at the same time but then 1 mysteriously cannot be put on the same flight.Is there such a huge syndicate operational at SAA that they keep bags behind to pilfer, or maybe the management of SAA allows there staff to keep a certain amount of bags to steal from?is this the way SAA give out ther xmas bonusses to staff?anyway my complaint is in and will have to wait for 21 days to get an answer on if they are going to compensate me for the loss i had.does anyone know of an institution where i can lay a complaint on this issue, or is it just my loss ans SAA and there staff get away with this once again?

Comments

Nov 23, 2008

Nov 24, 2008

I have also been a victim of this SAA approach - there are some websites where you can list your complaints specifically against the SAA

Sign the guestbook at www.dontflysaa.com

Mar 28, 2010

I felt so strongly after my daughters presents were stolen from my moms luggae that i dedciated a site to the south african airways. I know very little about web design and keywords etc, but i regurlaly get 1000 people a month to have a look at my site, and hopefully someone will listen and book with another ailine and fly to the airports recommended by people on blogs and forums like this one. Please have a look at my website http://www.dontflysaa.com and please sign the guestbook if you have something to say. I don't edit comments. lol

Sep 09, 2010

This has happened to me as well. If you're on Facebook then join my group 'Victims of South Afican Airways Baggage Handlers'. Help publicize how [censor] this company is.