Sono Bello

Posted:

I paid thousand for nothing

4.8
Sono Bello
I visited Sono Bello a little over a year ago to discuss laser liposuction for my trouble areas. Everyone was friendly and eager to please however; like so many other complaints I have read, the office manager who handled my consultation was a mirror image of a Barbie doll who told me about her own laser lipo results & how pleased she was. She had me stand up and lightly swept her hands around my mid section, inner & outer thighs and just kept saying "oh yeah, this will ALL come off, you are such a great candidate!" Keep in mind my clothes are still on, she's not actually looking at my skin just apparently what is bulging out. I found it unsettling that this wasn't being done by a doctor and asked when a doctor would actually evaluate me. She said I would meet the doctor on the day of the procedure & at that time he would ensure I was fit to have the procedure done, but reassured me that because this is a new and improved technique that basically everyone is a good candidate. I believe her actual words were "if you have fat, you qualify, there's not much else to it." I had done a lot of research online & also believed I would benefit from the procedure. I had no medical problems, no skin issues, I'm young & healthy so I wasn't worried. Now you may ask why did I do it if I wasn't happy with the consultation and that I cannot really answer. I have been over weight my entire life, I've been on every diet known to man & just couldn't lose the weight. When I found Solo Bello online after years of wanting liposuction I literally just felt like I HAD to have it done.

I paid a LOT...I'm embarrassed to say how much, let's just say more than 10k, a lot more. The doctor ended up being very nice, his assistant even nicer. They treated me amazingly & I remember telling my mom the next day as I laid in bed sore but enthusiastic that "this is the best decision I've ever made." I followed the post op directions to a T waiting eagerly to start seeing a new slimmer me. I went in for my 1 month check-up with little if any results but was reassured that I was still swollen & would be seeing results any day.

Long story short, my results were almost non-existant. My family & closest friends knew I'd had the procedure done and tried to be supportive but were unable to notice a difference. My clothes never fit better, I didn't go down any sizes. I look almost exactly the same.

I'm embarrassed by my lack of results & I feel like I got ripped off. I have recently cried to my mother, explaining that this was hands down the most expensive mistake I have ever made. A far cry from how I felt the day after my procedure.
Complaint comments Comments (34)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

D  23rd of Sep, 2012 by    +1 Votes
On the other hand, I had a pretty good experience and was pleased with the results:
I had my inner thighs done several years ago. I was and am not overweight, but just have a few stubborn areas that seem to defy vigorous exercise and proper diet. I was very pleased with the results.Yes, this first experience was a little uncomfortable not only because I really didn't know what to expect, but because I don't think they had perfected their customer experience at that time.I am ready for a little more now, and just met with my rep, Sarah, who was there for me then and is there for me now. We discussed my first experience and I expressed my concerns and Sarah explained how their customer experience process has evolved over the last few years. I am pleased with what I heard and just set the date for round two. I must say, both during the first time and leading up to my second committment, the staff have been friendly, knowledgable, compassionate, and supportive. They fully respect and honor my privacy which is important to me.If you have a small portion to remove, do it. If it's more than 10 pounds, you might want to consider other options. If you have any concerns about the agreement, they probably would be more than happy to let you read it well before you commit to doing it.Yes, I am a real person and a real customer, satisfied and willing to go back!
D  23rd of Sep, 2012 by    +4 Votes
I find both of the above comments disturbing! Both paid thousands to lose just a few pounds, one worked one didn't. The next time the above or anyone in the future is willing to pay thousands to lose just a few pounds, please get in touch with me! For a few grand I'd be more than willing to call, motivate, move you, talk you through a workout, or even go on a walk or run.

I'd hope they were really nice for the price you paid...sheeeesssshhhh thousands, hhhmmmm did I tell you how great you looked today?
N  27th of Feb, 2014 by    -2 Votes
I had sono bello laser lipo done on my back bra roll, arms, lower & upper belly, and side flanks in two surgeries a couple weeks apart. I am 4 months post operation. I look the exact same and weight the exact same. They made me pay more because I had a higher BMI. The second surgery was far more torturous than the first. They told me the Dr took 9 lbs of pure fat from my body, so weighting the exact same amount now I have technically gained weight. I was lied to. My consultant said my problem areas would be permanently gone. She stated if I ever did gain weight, it would be uneven because I would not gain it in the areas I have had the procedure. Before the surgery, the doctor stated it was hard to describe exactly what i will look like. He stated I should find a picture of someone who looked similar to be on the before and after pictures on his website and that was how my results would look. Now, at the 6 mo check up, if I am still unhappy, I have to pay half price to have them all redone again. More money, more torture, more recovery. I wish I had voice recorded the promises made to me by the consultant and the doctor. Ill have to explore lawsuits. I attached pictures. My hair is darker for the winter but theyre both me.
N  2nd of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@texaninutah I experienced exactly the same thing. I just made an appt to see Dr abd explain how unhappy I am, he was so rude, told me it's my fault, obviously I'm not doin right, it's not a permanent procedure. But I was told at my consult that it wouldn't come back in the same areas also. I want my money back or something...wonder what I can do
A  27th of Feb, 2014 by    +6 Votes
oops the pics didnt upload. here they go...

N  14th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have just read every ones comments. I am cancelling my appointment. I am a nurse, and when I am reading that the MD does not even see the patient until surgery day, and further more does not even do a workup like an EKG, or use pain meds. I know this is not a legit organization. My little tummy pooch, and my money will stay with me. Now I know whey they were so eager. I told them I had 12K cash. UGH.
A  28th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
$9, 000 for upper/lower abs, lower back, chest. Things went down *slightly* by three months, no change at all after that, not at their magical "six months" either. I am also a nurse, and I work in surgery. My resonable expectations were a moderate amount of fat more evenly distributed, and to see some significant reduction (but not elimination) in the abdomen. Now, I have constant neuropathic pain in the chest. Feel even more uncomfortable with how I look now than I did six months ago.

For $9k I could have taken two months off work, focused on eating better and exercised more often, and I would have had less stress, better results and better habits. Now I'm just a pissed off, overworked nurse who should have known better and got taken for a ride.
N  29th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Xae U r sooo right about that. I am more than happy t help u loose 12 pound for a month for a far less cost. Great dieting and some exercise per week. Don't spend to kill urself with radiation
@Xae Exactly...me too
N  11th of Dec, 2014 by     Best Advice +6 Votes
I wish I would have read this page before I decided on Sonabello . My story is similar to most. I paid lots of money for little results. I had what the surgeon called a speedy Gonzales. Which is just upper and lower abs. After six months all that happened was the fat moved from my mid section to other parts of my body. I was left with an ugly flap that they said that there was nothing they could do about it. They suggested I spend even more money on a tummy tuck to get the results I really needed. I was literally in tears over this. This to me is flat out robbery. They said well your clothes fit better. I told them if I wanted my clothes to fit better all I would have to do is buy bigger clothes. What a lame response by them. Had I known I would have these results I would have kept my money and stayed with a belly. At lease I wouldn't be disfigured and even more self-conscious about my body and not 6k in the hole. If anyone knows of someone who can help me fight this claim please post it on this wall. Thank you
A  24th of Feb, 2015 by    +3 Votes
I would call the kiley law group. This org needs to be put out of business and credentials of these doctors questioned as to board certifications. You folks never asked for any type of work up Bloods, EKGs, pinch tests ?
Buyer beware . These people are a danger to the health of any one who seeks weight loss. As we age we loose tone and in many cases have illnesses that make us sedate in our lifestyles, . These people direct there advertising to us as an easy prey because we want our youth back; Not going to happen my brothers and sisters.
N  30th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Hammer rom Mass Is the down Payment Worth fighting for?
A couple weeks ago I had my first meeting at SB. I was excited about the process and looked forward to speaking with a Dr. I met a sales agent. She was pleasant enough but truly a good sales person. In the end I agreed to pay the down payment and sign the non refundable agreement. They got me, never make such a decision without meeting with a Dr and giving it some thought.

I later had a routine medical appointment with and unrelated physician. My findings came back with abnormal . Being what I thought was the picture of health, I was terrified. I was informed to get further testing. The last thing on my mind now was alternative surgery. The night before my physician consultation, I couldn't sleep. I paid +$1200 down and thought it was non refundable. I thought about how the trauma could effect me or the meds. Was it worth my health just to smooth out some problem areas.

Later that day, I received a reminder call that I had my appointment coming up the next day, later that night i received another call saying that there was a cancelation and I could come in an have the surgery at the time of my consultation. I told the person no. I had decided not to go through with it but I wanted to meet with the Dr. and let him know what was going on and my thoughts. Maybe I would just postpone or just take the $ loss. I met the Dr and Nurse they were pleasant enough. He even reviewed my medical findings the other Dr. had given me. He and the Nurse assured me I would be ok and sometimes findings come back irregular and they understood if I wanted to postpone to a later date until I felt better.

As I was checking out the receptionist inquired about the rescheduling. I told her earlier about my medical findings and that I was scared but since I could not get a refund I would reschedule later, if the findings improved. She said medical reasoning may have exception, she was pleasant but still encouraged me to reschedule later and they would hold the payment. After thinking about it for a moment, with the financial burden lifted I thought about my health and said cancel, in summary I would take the refund due to medical. I thanked her and the staff and departed, I felt good about my experience until about 10 minutes later when I received a call from the receptionist. The nurse said I could not get a refund because the appointment was less than 5 days away. Keep in mind all of this including the new medical findings just occurred within the past two weeks.

Bothered by this I contacted associates that had undergone simular procedures in Florida. I was told that a medical work up should have been done before the surgery. Scheduling me for surgery without the basics eval, labs etc was dangerous. This made sense. I was initially assessed by a sales person, though all appeared kind what type of agency would not assure the customer is healthy. Why would a non refundable fee be initiated before consultation with a Dr? Why would someone call me the evening before to offer me surgical rescheduling for the next day. Again all of this occurred within 2 weeks and largely during the holidays. It was not communicated to me clearly that if I had a medical issue I needed to cancel within 5 days. I feel conflicted and had. Tonight I just read SB reviews and they are frightening. Since I could not get a refund I have postponed until I complete further medical testing. This is not sitting well with me. It is likely I will take the loss out of concern for my health and fear of what others have reported. I do believe I should be refunded due to medical concerns. What are your thoughts?

Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend
N  9th of Sep, 2015 by    +4 Votes
Well, I am glad I read this page first. I liked the thought of ice sculpting, lazer, and no down time. But after reading so many disappointments and horror stories, I am putting my money on new countertops, HaHa at least I will feel good everytime I look at them, instead of disappointment in a mirror for shoddy appearance !!
N  29th of May, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Marlene Matthews Don't waste money to kill urself with unnecessary radiation. I can have u loose 12 pounds/month for far less that that with healthy diet and few hrs of exercise per week.
A  28th of Oct, 2015 by    -3 Votes
I had the same problem. Paid 12K, with no results. Anyone asking for money back? Law suits?
A  30th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
I had the same experience, which is no results. I had the surgery 8 months ago. After the swelling went down, I was the same size as I was when I started. I followed the
post op instructions too. It was embarrassing for people to know I spent that kind of money with no results. Have any of you reached out to them to discuss your concerns? I believe one of you mentioned they said you can pay more money to have it redone. I don't have a lot of money, I sacrificed a lot in order to have the procedure done. The people were so nice at the office. I have a friend that went to New York to have a Mommy Makeover, she looks great! We saw results after two weeks. She told me I shouldn't have had it done here Kansas or Missouri. I'm just disappointed.
A  18th of Jan, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Agree with all of the complaints.
N  1st of Mar, 2016 by    -1 Votes
Thank all of you for sharing you stories to help those of us deciding. I am appalled by this, I hope this business is investigated. I also notice under every complaint I have seen the first comment is someone defending them. Me thinks they have some damage control people on payroll. Thanks again to all who shared
N  3rd of May, 2016 by    +4 Votes
I had lipo on my upper and lower abs and inner thighs I am very displeased I may as well have put a match to my money because I see absolutely no change. I am now told it will take about a year to see the full results of course I was not told that in the beginning I am so upset I saved that money to have this done and now i'm told a tummy tuck would have been more effective (wow) Sona Bella don't go don't waste your money it DOES NOT WORK
N  6th of Jun, 2016 by    -1 Votes
I had my inner thighs done 2 weeks ago and I LOVE them already!
A  11th of Jun, 2016 by    -1 Votes
when I went for a free consultation, I was told I had to have all 4 procedures done as they did not want to waste their time with me coming back a second time..I also had to order a body suite...I wanted to order it myself as I could get it direct from the company, but they lied and said it was by my measurements only and was $250.00... It came in the mail...and the exact one I was was going to orderl was only $42.00 and it was a Medium. No special measurements. Another lie... I was so disgusted I never went back...my skin was very smooth before the procedure...NOW IT LOOKS LIKE COTTAGE CHEESE... THEY OWN ME A REFUND... I exercise and eat healthy and have not lost one pound...go figure...I AM ANGRY.. CAN I JOIN A CLASS ACTION SUIT
A  11th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
Thank you all, I signed up to have someone call me with a $250 coupon off the surgery of $1295 per area,
I think I will cancel my thoughts and try BMI of South Texas here is SA, Texas.
N  27th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
Thank you all for this site.. I was thinking about this procedure and now that I read all the reviews, I'm happy I did not apply for the consultation.. apparently this company has given false promises they are willing to take high dollars for, with no results. Also not advisable to have any procedure done without speaking with the doctors beforehand, not to mention no pre op testing (ekg, chest x, blood) a very poor practice.
N  10th of Dec, 2016 by    0 Votes
@Laurie Wolf If you have noticed the commercials, some of the models are from the LifeStyle Lift commercials. Sono bello and Lifetstyle Lift are the same company! So, BUYER BEWARE!!
N  27th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
Which Sono-bello location was this? where you had no results?
@lbcafss Mine was houston
N  7th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
I had my upper & lower abs as well as my love handles done. The I was so messed up during the surgery I remember feeling the metal gouge into me a few times and after the dr showing me some jars saying it was 10 lbs of fat, but when I got home on the scale I was 3 lbs down. I'm still not confident they removed 10 lbs of anything, but I'm at 3 weeks and was just charged $125 for my 2nd stage compression outfit. I can see some difference in my stomach, but not my love handle area. Clothes are not falling off me or anything. Everything still hurts, supposedly I'm still swollen. I didn't bruise much which was surprising. My lower stomach is still in pain/numb weirdness. Itching has finally stopped. I haven't found this burst of metabolism the rep told me I'd experience yet. I have been fearful about the end results especially after reading this... they also put me on a no sodium diet and told me I was super swollen when I went back a week after. I have a glimmer of hope still, but it is swiftly fading as time goes on and results are not visible on the scale or with my clothing. No one has said anything positive about looking any better or noticed at all at this point. Hopefully in 3 more weeks I'll have something positive to say, but so far it is adding up to what everyone else here is saying including the unreasonable price tag (around $10k due to max bmi which was NEVER measured in any way except a height/weight chart they showed me by the way).

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree