Solid Signal / More Problems

1 Novi, MI, United States Review updated:

Last night, I get a call from a customer that I had purchased and installed a switch for, that they were not able to acquire a satellite signal. A check of System Info showed what is known as LNB drift. This means that the LNB can't focus on the satellite to obtain a signal and direct it to the receiver that needs it. A direct connection to that LNB showed the LNB was fine. Hooking it back up to the switch showed that the switch was clearly defective. I replaced the switch with one that I had bought elsewhere, and it worked fine. Just so we are all on the same page here:

I was dealing with a Dish Network ViP211k receiver, a Dish Network DPP44 switch, a Sceptre 24-inch 1080p HDTV, and a Dish Network 1000.4 TurboHD Eastern Arc dish.

Anyway, a call to Solid Signal netted no results because the switch was more than 30 days old, and I was told by the representative to "go screw myself". This shows the lack of professionalism on the part of Solid Signal -- it also shows nobody there gives a damn about the customers. Any reputable company would have dealt with the issue. The switch might have been over 30 days, but it was still only 2.5 months old.

Rb

Comments

• Gm
      Jan 08, 2013

These complaints are real - people don't make this stuff up