SoftwareOutlet.com / Failure to send order or respond!

1 Santa Ana, CA, United States Review updated:

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM SOFTWARE OUTLET.COM. I ordered MS Office Pro 2007 and my credit card was immediately charged but delivery was never made. They have failed to respond to numerous attempts to reach them by e-mail and phone. I filed a complaint with Google (they use Google checkout) and Google responded but never got anything out of SoftwareOutlet. I learned from this to check www.bbb.org (Better Business Bureau) before doing business with any firm online. Software Outlet has the worst possible BBB rating - F. If only I had checked first.

Comments

• Sc
      1st of Jan, 2008

Google Checkout needs to be aware this apparently on going problem. I found Google's policy that merchants are supposed to adhere too (http://checkout.google.com/seller/policies.html). Upon the merchants capturing their funds from Google, they must ship the product within 24 hours. It is in section 2.b. If enough people complain to Google, perhaps they will no longer process orders from them.

16th of Jan, 2008

I ordered Quicken 2008 from SoftwareOutlet.com. My credit card was immediately charged and I even received a FedEx Shipment Notification. But they never actually shipped my order and were unresponsive to several emails. Now 2.5 weeks since placing the order I am trying to get a refund via Google checkout. Their contact us/mediation page is here:

• Wi
      17th of Jan, 2008
    Software Outlet.com - Non-receipt of paid-for goods!
    Software Outlet.com
    California
    www.SoftwareOutlet.com

Ordered software in November, 2007, to date (Jan.,2008) have not received. Cannot reach by telephone (line always busy) will not respond to E-mail inquiries. have charged my credit card immediately. Would advise anyone to steer clear of ordering anything from this company.

• Pi
      22nd of Jan, 2008

I wouldn't deal with this company .They are irresponsible
    they don't have staff to respond to customer .
    Stay away.

• Sh
      30th of Jan, 2008

Please do not buy anything from google software outlet.They are crooks.TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN never send the mdse.You can talk to no one becuase there is never anyone awailable by phone or email.

19th of Feb, 2008

I am posting these reviews due to my anger and frustration towards this company(s) and its owner(s)-
    Why did I not read about this companies ratings before purchasing from this fraudulent company? Folks, this is getting ridiculous. First take my money, then never ever respond to my emails or phone calls, and to top it off, never ever send my order. This is outright deception, fraud, stealing, terrible business practice, ethics. Also, why does softwareoutlet keep sending me email news deals every single day if they just STEAL my money and not ship out my order? To top it all off, why do they bother starting a new website - robobargains.com, which they spammed me with if recently, they can not even take care of present and past customers???? Thieves! I will call BBB, Attorney General, on softwareoutlet.com and robobargains.com- they need to be SHUT DOWN! After some research, key owners include BILL MCIVOR, RICARDO ESQUEDA, MARY GODSHALL. Report them!

• St
      20th of Feb, 2008

I will not purchase anything from SoftwareOutlet.com, ever again. I purchased what was claimed to be a 2008 McAfee VirusScan Plus. It did not come in a regular type box as you would find in a store. I simply received a disc, and it did not say 2008 McAfee VirusScan Plus. The software was not compatable with my system (having directed me to delete other security programs). What a fool I was.

12th of Mar, 2008

I made a purchase for $107.00. It's over two month and I still haven't received my order. I sent several emails to them but got no reply. My credit card company is currently investigating the fraudulent activity. Hope they get what they deserve. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM . . . Beware the cheap prices . . . spend a little more for something that you will get!

• Da
      23rd of Apr, 2008

I placed an order 2/6/08 and have yet to receive anything. I have sent several e-mails and called numerous times and have never received a response. One can never get live help on line or by the phone. I am waiting for the better Business Bureau to hopefully be able to set some action. DON'T BUY FROM SOFTWAREOUTLET.COM

• Ri
      9th of Sep, 2008

I ordered merchsndise from Software Outlet. They sent me defective merchandise. It was marked defective on the box. They didn't respond to my e-mails until I contacted my credit card company for a charge-back. They still haven't picked up the merchandise or replaced it. Do Not Buy anything from them.