Software-hq.net / Online scam

On August 23, 2008 I searched online for an upgrade to my Adobe Acrobat software. I own v6 and wanted to upgrade to v9 for the features I needed. SoftwareHQ.net was one of the companies that offered v9 so I downloaded it for the price they stated. When I opened the downloaded software, the features that I wanted in v9 were not there. They provided software but not the version that was advertised or that I thought I was buying. I phoned them [protected] several times and all I would get is a recording.

After I received my credit card statement billing I emailed them at support@softwarehq.net about the problem. They refused to credit me or even replace the software with the correct one. In researching this company further I found numerous complaints at [redacted].com and ComplaintsBoard.com regarding the same company. I have filed a complaint with the BBB of Ohio http://www.cleveland.bbb.org and with Ohio's Attorney General http://agcares.ag.state.oh.us.

Li

Comments

Su
  10th of Jan, 2009

I, also, was a taken by these scam artists. I was unable to download an Adobe program which they advertised "Ultra Fast Download - Photoshop CS3 Latest Version - 100% Guaranteed". I have a copy of the ad. I sent an e-mail to them saying I opted out of their program, which was not delivered to them as they obvously were not accepting any e-mails. Mail Delivery System tried numerous time to deliver it but was unsuccessful. I have many copies of their efforts. I finally got on and used the ruse that I had "Support Request" and was able to get my message into them . The reply came back that according to the terms (which I never saw, nor agreed with) "membership is NON REFUNDABLE. They also tacked on an additional $14.97. I am not sure where they put their "Terms and Conditions" but I did not see them before pushing the final button or this complaint would not have to be written.

Hl
  3rd of Mar, 2009

Class action lawsuit?

Is
  25th of Mar, 2009

Mine happened Tuesday (Mar 24). Thought I was dealing with Skype, but was shocked to discover after the final payment stage that it was a totally different company deceitfully presenting the Skype look and feel. I immediately sought to cancel, telling them I was never interested in entering into any contract with any company other than Skype. But it's been a one-way street. Their charge is yet to hit my account. But I am prepared to use all avaiable means to seek damages and redress if they charge my account.

Sa
  28th of Aug, 2009

Why are you charging my account so much money when it should only $12.95 Not $52.00 for the Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Virsion. please return the money back to my account A.S.A.P. it look's like I have to go some where eles to get what I want. My E-mail is (janitorman28@yahoo.com)