Sofa Express / No assembly, damages, and an incorrect item!

We purchased multiple items from Sofa Express store in Tri-County on December 16, 2006 and were told by the sales representative that we could expect delivery in about 21 days. On January 4th we were given a delivery date by voicemail of the 20th. I called to inquire about an earlier date and was rescheduled for the 11th. Several days later, I received a voicemail to reschedule the delivery for the 19th because all of my items were not in. On the 19th your deliveryman came and just dumped the furniture into the house and told my wife “sign here.” No assembly, damages, and an incorrect item. I called the sales representative and he said someone would contact me. I was contacted by voicemail by the service department and given a number to call to set up an appointment for a technician to come out to cut the shipping straps and do the assembly; however the number [protected]) I was given is not to Sofa Express service department. I have place calls (January 21-27) to the store manager Mike Ernst, he never seems to be there. I have left messages with the store staff and on his voicemail. He has yet to contact me!!!

Comments

• Ka
      25th of Oct, 2007

The furniture at sofa express is terrible, my furniture looked old after two months, and these chairs were adult used, no children. I had ten year old furniture in my house that looks newer. poor fabric quality, poor filler, and poor construction. I can not find anything good about this company including there customer service, and repair service. all lip service and no solution. However when all they have is poor quality product it is unlikely that they are going to be able to make anything better, other than to give your money back. I would think it will be bankrupt in the near future as people learn about the quality of the product. my chairs were 2200 dollars, that is for four chairs, I am not sure about two of the chairs as no one has sat in them yet, they are more for decoration, but the two chairs that we try to use are uncomfortable, and look like junk, no one would believe that they are less than six months old. look like something we would normally put at the curb.

• Er
      30th of Nov, 2007

I agree! I bought my couch 3 years ago and it looks awful. I have never had furniture fall apart like this before. The batting that supports your back has fallen out numerous times. I had them out to my house so many times to fix their crap they knew me by name. The parachute pulls that activate the leg rests are fraying and won't retract. I will never buy another piece of furniture there again. Their warranty is awful and they do not stand behind their furniture. Personally I feel sorry for the repair guys, having to put up with the griping from customers. What I thought was classic was the repair guy that came to my house from Sofa Express said himself they have had numerous problems with quality. He would go to Columbus once a month for their problems in the field meeting. He explained to upper management that quality was suffering and they told him to hush up and do your job. This place needs closed up for selling junk.