Snuggie / Unclear/misleading advertising

Advertisement is fraudulent. I thought I was buying one item, receiving a second one free with a free gift, agreeing to pay all S&H. The word "set" is the trick. Instead I received 4 items with 4 so-called free gifts. The ordering process is fraudulent in that it does not give the consumer the opportunity to review his order before submission. I received the products with no invoice enclosed. Lastly the product is not warm and fluffy as advertised. The blankets feel like cheap towels. Also before placing your order the site attempts to upgrade the product and attempts to sale you other items. At the blink of an eye, you are forwarded to the billing page. As a consumer, I feel duped. I should have had the opportunity to change my mind. I do not like this product, and I want a refund. I tried to call and listened to an automated message informing me to call back at another time. I e-mailed the company with no response. I feel the consumer needs to be aware of a company like this. Whether it will be of any help or not, I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. I learned there are many complaints about this company. I also reported them to the Federal Trade Commission. I really would like to file a class-action lawsuit against them. They should not be allowed to continue to stay in business.

A  6th of Sep, 2009 by
Try calling 866-879-3432 and you'll be able to talk to a live person. M-F, but I forgot the hous - just call mid-day. I, too, was extremely frustrated and furious when I didn't have the opportunity to change my mind about my order. When I saw the $34 shipping charges, I about had a coronary! Especially since there was absolutely no recourse. I, too, am complaining w/the BBB, as well as the FTC. I am also going to stop pmt thru my bank - even if it costs me $25, at least they won't get a penny of my money!! I do a lot of business online, and seldom get burned - but this time I certainly did! And I refuse to sit back and do nothing about it.
A  18th of Dec, 2009 by
DO NOT buy the Snuggie off their website - It's a scam. I tried to buy one and the website claimed that the second would be free for $19.95. I was never asked to confirm my order and never agreed to the price but suddenly you are on the final page and my total was $71.40. I freaked out. I tried to cancel it by calling the customer service number on the website and it was only a recording but it told me that my order was canceled. Two days later my card was charged the $71 so I tried calling again...nothing worked until I got a hold of a person by calling the number listed above (866-879-3432). I will making further complaints about their business as well.
A  12th of Jan, 2010 by
I totaly agree this happened to me. I bought a green snuggie W/ one free wich means 2 snuggies then I said yes. It asked me if I wanted to upgrade I said no. Then it asked me if I wanted a kitten blanket for only 4.95 p s+h I said ok my total order should have been like 30.00 then the 3500 shipping charge my total was 80.00. I did not like that went to change my mind and I was already charged. I called the company they told me they could not do anything to help me ane wouold not refund any of my money till I recieved the order and returned it. I told them I was not going to pay for the order shipping charge to send my order back. they told me they would send me shipping stickers to put on my package wich they did do that. then a week later I was checking my bank acct. and noticed they had charged me twice so now I have paid them 158.00 and again I called them and would not return my money. I was verry angry. I called my bank and they said they would investigate the problem. 3 weeks later I recieved my order I recieved not only 4 blamkets and two kitten blankets I recieved 8 blankets and 3
kitten blankets and not even the color I ordered. I let the company know and my bank know I was sending them back.4 weeks
later they recieved them and all I got refunded was 8.50 for the kitten blanket shipping and 32.00 for the snuggie blanket shipping. I called them telling them that they owed me more money, they dissagreed and said they had refunded all my money. I called my bank and made the complant and my bank agreed with me and refunded my money to me and went after the company foor the money. In Colorado we have a guy that is with our FOX 31 news and he is Tom Martino he does investigations on bad companys and on people that get screwed over I made a complaint to him but nithing has happened.
I hope there will be a lawsuite on this company that makes people's life hell on their horrible cheap product. anyone reading this and wanting to buy from these people you will get screwed. Annie Denver, Colorado.