SmartSavingsCenter.com / Credit card charged without purchase

1 999 W. Yamato Dr, Suite 100Boca Raton 33431, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-511-6538

After Googling for discount books, I got this website. I ordered a DVD and a paperback book, paying shipping on just one, as an introductory discount. In order to complete the second order, I was told that I did not qualify for the intro discount anymore, but did I still want the book? I clicked on the "yes" or "approve" and did recieve the mentioned orders in the mail, but then was charged $29.95 a MONTH for some sort of membership! They were also charging $1.00 for a debit card used without a code. I did call and cancelled this so called membership and was told that I will get a rrfund for just one of the $29.95 charges. This is a definate RIP OFF WEBSITE!!! I will comply with anyone who tries to shut it down. I do live near Boca Raton and I tell you that if that refund is not in my bank account next week, I will go down to this address. I bet it is an empty building! I have been online for 12 years and have made many purchases of all kinds from, all over the world and this is the first time I got caught like this! They are very good. The chap I talked to just repeated over an over the same thing. He was located in Manilla in the Philapines, Someone should DO something about this company!!!

Ka

Comments

• Va
      12th of Nov, 2008
    SmartSavingsCenter.com - Scam billing
    SmartSavingsCenter.com
    smartsavingscenter.com

I don't know what type of company it is. I just noticed monthly withdrawals that I did not authorize. When I called to cancel, I could not understand what the heck she was saying.

• Ho
      28th of Nov, 2008
    SmartSavingsCenter.com - un-authorized use of credit card
    smart savings center
    Boca Raton
    smartsavingscenter.com

Ordered nintendo game, and was not only billed for the game, but $29.95 for a membership fee. I NEVER authorized, or signed up for anything other than the item I ordered. These folks are scammers, and I doubt if they will ever credit me back. They also had the nearve to charge me $1.00 for the first months membership fee..

2nd of Dec, 2008
    SmartSavingsCenter.com - after buying product, they charged me a membership fee every month for $19.95
    smartcentersavings.com
    ?
    ?
    Phone: 8oo-511-6538
    smartsavingscenter.com

company claims I signed up for some sort of membership regarding products, e-mails, and possibly some type of protection; I spoke to a live rep, to no avail.e

26th of Dec, 2008

YOU OWE ME " MARK OF ZORRO"FOREIEN CORISPONDENT" BODY & SOUL
    TOU KEEP TELLING ME, YOU SENT IT!
    WHERE IS IT?

• Mi
      6th of Jan, 2009
    smartsavingcenter
    Phone: 1-800-511-6538

I order a book off discountbooks.com for $1.70 still haven't received the book but now have additional charges on my account . I want to cancel my order .I've tried to call the 800 number and when I finally get to voice mail it says voice mail full. I would really like to resolve this matter asap.

14th of Jan, 2009
    SmartSavingsCenter.com - Phishing Scam
    Smartsavings.com
    Florida

Ordered DVD, they charged me $29.95 without me authorizing. Pissed off. Going to find any bureau or complaint board to post these ###. Called and got the leave us a msg for a call back and voicemail is full and cannot take any more. Dont buy movies from Hotmovies.com. That is the name they phished me to smartsavingcenter.com. They got me one but never again. Isnt this against the law?

19th of Jan, 2009
    Dalmatia

I ordered a DVD set and somehow was charged two times on my credit card from this company. Each time was for 29.95. I keep trying to reach them via phone and there is no answer. I left a message but I do not receive any calls back. What a rip off.

• Na
      26th of Jan, 2009

can you guys please stop charging my credit card on something i didn't authorized.

• He
      27th of Jan, 2009
    SmartSavingsCenter.com - Unable to cancel membership and continuing to have my credit card charged.
    Phone: 800-511-6364

I have been attempting to cancel my membership for the past two months by phone and nothing seems to work. I am continuing to have charges appear on my credit card. What can I do?

• He
      27th of Jan, 2009

This appears to be the way they operate. Their phone message is garbled to not be understood.

28th of Jan, 2009

i also bought a book and now i have a 29.95 charge and 2 for 1.00 someone named jeffery has agreed to cancell. i hope so when you call the 800 number your told it high volumn time and it may take 15min to answer your call i waited over 30 fot someone to speak with, i called mt credit card co and requested all charges be denied

• Rn
      3rd of Feb, 2009
    WAMU
    Texas

Charge my credit card several times w/o my authorization and when I call the toll free number to investigate it is always a busy signal. I do not know who this company.

• Al
      5th of Feb, 2009

I had a similar experience. I bought a book through discountbooksale.com. The confirmation said I would be billed by smartsavingscenter.com. I didn't really think much about that at the time. Hidden at the site was the fact that by buying the book I had signed up for a "membership" and my Visa would be charged $29.95 a month. I routinely check my Visa account online every 2- 3 days to make sure there aren't any unauthorized charges on my account. I discovered another charge from smartsavingscenter.com and began an investigation. When I said to a person at smartsavingscenter.com that I hadn't signed up for anything but the book I bought, she replied that I certainly had and that I just didn't read the fine print. I haven't received credit yet, but they said my "membership" is cancelled. Amazingly, I learned that I had "signed up" for 2 memberships that were going to bill my Visa account. I was told yesterday that one of them hasn't been activated yet, and I will have to cancel it in a "week or so." I've been shopping online for over 12 years and have never had an experience like this.

• Ri
      5th of Feb, 2009

You can try to cancel on their website, I had to do it online as well as over the phone. It took me about 40 min. to get it done over the phone. But I have been seeing other complaints saying that they too had cancelled both online and over the phone and are still being charged. I think the safest bet is to cancel your credit card and get a reissued one so they are unable to continue to charge you. I got a new card just in case. I didnt trust it. GL!

• Ju
      9th of Feb, 2009
    smartsavings.com
    St. Petersburg
    Phone: 770-924-47-5

My account was charged with $29.95 on Feb. 4, 2009. I did not authorize this charge . It states membership organizations as the merchant description. I called and they said they would have someone call me back. That has not happened yet.

10th of Feb, 2009

yeah something needs to be done about these guys, they scammed me as well, i cancelled my card and they still got the 29 bucks, makes me so mad i could drive down there. but ya cant get ahold of anyone and they say they have a live person on the chat thing, but if ya keep chatting, you find that they are not live. this place is a huge scam. wish i could do more to get them back. is this the day when you cant trust anything in america?
    this place needs to be taken out!!!

• To
      13th of Feb, 2009

I recently ordered from hotmoviesales. This is a site that sell old movies at low prices. The prices were great. Ordered five movies(old b&w on dvd) for a total of $36.83 with shipping. Specified I wanted to wait until the release date for all and have only one shipment. Instead they proceeded to send them one at a time with shipping cost added and so far I have been charged $65.50and I have only received three of the five dvds. I realized that while I had ordered them from Hotmoviesales.com, I was being charged by Smartsavingscenter and I had been given a membership and charged $19.95. I immediately contacted my bank and stopped all charges on my debit card. Now I have to go through this dispute and forward all of the emails from both sites and my repeated request for membership cancellations. Both of these sites are ripoffs and should not be allowed to continue scamming the public.

16th of Feb, 2009
    Smartsavingscenter.com
    Hayward
    Wisconsin

I have three charges on a brand new Visa card for smartsavingscenter.com out of Florida. I have no idea what this is about-nor have I signed up for any type of service that has access to debit my Visa!

18th of Feb, 2009

THIS COMPANY IS A RIP-OFF! I WAS ONLINE ORDERING BOOKS FOR SCHOOL AND WITHIN THE AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE THERE IS A MESSAGE EMBEDDED IN THE FINE PRINT AGREEING TO JOIN "S M A R T S A V I N G S CENTER" BULL ###! THEY HAVE CHARGED MY DEBIT CARD FOR 6 MONTHS NOW! HOLY ### HOW DID THIS HAPPEN. I SEE THERE ARE MANY COMPLAINTS LISTED HERE, ANYBODY WILL ING TO FILE A LAW SUIT, LET'S SHUT THIS DOWN!

• Li
      20th of Feb, 2009
    SmartSavingsCenter.com - discontinueaccount
    Indianapolis
    Indiana
    menaw3@yahoo.com

I did not authorize this transaction. I want it stopped. I have tried cancelling but to no avail.
    Linda Butcher