Smartsavingcenter.com / charged my account w/o authorization

1 PO Box 810365, Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-511-6538

I ordered a movie for under $10.00 only. I did not sign up for any membership or authorize any other charges. For the last 3 months I have noticed charges for $29.95 and $1.00. I have tried contacting by phone, but only get a recording that customer service is experience a heavy volume of calls and please leave a number and they will return your call.

Ka

Comments

15th of Jan, 2009

I have totally same experience as you. Plan to disput through credit card.

• Sm
      20th of Jan, 2009

just closed cc for same reason they chared me 3 times since 12/08/08 for a add for 5.15 DVD to the tune of 37.00 i agreeded to nothing and will be reporting to postal inspectors

• Ti
      31st of Jan, 2009

I ordered a movie for under $10.00 only. I did not sign up for any membership or authorize any other charges .[protected]@YAHOO.COM

• Pa
      31st of Jan, 2009

Two charges were put on my credit card without my authorization. This is illegal.

• Li
      17th of Feb, 2009

i did not authorize these purchases

• De
      17th of Feb, 2009

I did not authorize smart saving center to take money from my account.They took $29.95 from my account and I want them to stop.

• De
      17th of Feb, 2009

I want to cancel any membership with smart savings center.

• Ki
      19th of Feb, 2009

i ordered the movies where the red fern grows 1&2 ionly got part 1 .is part 2 on theway are is it on back order.please let me know thanks kim mcknight

• Ji
      20th of Feb, 2009

I also just noticed the 29.95 and the 1.00 charges.
    I feel like I've been raped.
    I called and they claim that it was cancelled.

• Pe
      22nd of Feb, 2009

I did not realize that I was being charged every month for the service, guess that sounds crazy, but I did not know what it was for. I thought my husband was buying something. Anyway, I went to the website today and hopefully have been able to cancel on line. You have to have your login. The one I found was in Spam and it did not mention anything about Smartsavingscenter. I feel very violated however I should have looked into it sooner. I have had a years worth of charges for nothing.
    Peggy

• Mi
      25th of Feb, 2009

I ordered a movie for under $10.00 only. I did not sign up for any membership or authorize any other charges. I have noticed charges for $29.95 and $1.00. .

• Er
      27th of Feb, 2009

My case is identical to the others, I ordered a cheap movie, got that, then was charged a dollar for nothing which I disputed tonight I noticed the 29.95 charge I disputed the charge on line then called my cc and canceled it.

• Co
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I called after having cancelled the smartsavingscenter.com membership I did not sign up for, but somehow was signed up for while ordering a movie. I demanded my $29.95 back the first time I called in January, and I got it. Today, after calling over a $1 charge I did not auhorize, my cancellation in January was confirmed by two people on two different customer service lines that I had cancelled at least one of the two memberships, neither of which I signed up for. And the story for which membership I cancelled was different on each customer service line. Logically, the first number I called was the number listed by the charge on my bank account. When I got to speak to a person after waiting as the automated system asked, I asked what the charge was for and explained that I had cancelled my account and received a confirmation email. The CSR on the line said that I had cancelled my account with smartsavingscenter.com, but not hotmoviesales.com and that was what the dollar was for. I asked why, then, does it list smartsavingscenter.com as the entity charging me a dollar and demanded everything be cancelled. He tried to explain to me how it worked a few times and I told him I don't care how it works, I want everything cancelled, and I don't want smartsavingscenter.com to charge me for anything else. I also demanded he remove my bank card, knowing full well, having worked as a CSR before, that I might not get my dollar back because some places cannot process the return without the card on file for 24-48 hours. Genius scheme, huh? They gain a dollar by annoying people. Before disconnecting, I asked the number for hotmoviesales/deals/whatever.com, which is 1-866-566-8437. I called that number, and this time was connected to a female CSR, who also confirmed my cancellation in January, and said that everything was supposed to be cancelled when I cancelled that. I asked her to explain, why, then, was I just charged one dollar. She said that it was because I had cancelled my membership with hotmoviesales.com, but not smartsavingscenter.com, the exact opposite of what the CSR I had just spoken to told me. I questioned her on this, and I told her I thought they were both liars and that I was sorry they had to work for such a horrible company. I also told her I was looking at this board to write my own complaint, and that I will be contacting the BBB and possibly the attorney general in this matter. I suggest you all do the same thing. Before I do that, I'm going to call my bank and tell them not to accept anymore charges from this evil, evil company. I can't wait until amazon.com sucks this company up and spits it out, squashes it like the ugly insect it is.

• Jy
      7th of Mar, 2009

I am having the bad experience with this smartsavingcenter.com... It is true, they steal money... they charge me without my approval for more that two month until I see my credit card bill

• Ph
      9th of Mar, 2009

My case is identical to the others, I ordered a cheap movie, got that, then was charged a dollar for nothing . Like the other-complaint before me, I also cancelled my unauthorized charges from hotmoviessales.com. I received a confirmation email stating that it was cancelled. I have been calling over a $1 charge I did not authorize. The line is constantly busy can't get anyone to answer.

• Ct
      12th of Mar, 2009

The same has happened to me and every two weeks there is a charge...

• Le
      14th of Mar, 2009

This is terrible. I did not catch these charges for over 3 months; due to trust that it was taken care of in November. I am so sadden that this is what this has come to now. I reported to the bank and FBI internet scams. I suggest everyone else do the same.

• Bo
      25th of Apr, 2009

t
    he same exact thing happened to me. i ordered a tape for 11.98 and i still have not rec'd the dvd yet. i ordered on 3/5/09 and i have been charged 29.98 twice plus 1 dollar each week.

13th of Jun, 2009

120 days ago: smartsavingcenter.com is a shlock, crappy business that automaticaly signs you up if you failed to read an extensive club application to the left of the order sheet when you happen to order a movie, or probably anything else. It's probably legal because the application is on the order sheet but the average person ordinarily wouldn't read it because they have no intention of joining anything they just want to buy something. The club charge keeps re-appearing on your bill even if you do not make any more purchases. When buying anything from a reputable company any other offers in addition to your purchase is spelled out plainly. I frankly can't think of any reputable company tricking you into joining a re-occuring billable club because they respect their customers and wouldn't dream of using that sort of trickery because you would never come back as a customer. I was charger $29.95 for several months, when I complained they cut their club charge in hal;f, but not for me.
    Joe