SlimChews / Unauthorized charges

This is supposed to be Hoodia laced candy that controls hunger. I saw no effect from the candy. Most people do not read the entire web page when they submit an order.Under the submit button is the disclaimer that says you will see results in 3 months. The print is in low contrast.

By submitting this order, you have read and agreed to the full terms and conditions of this offer and understand that this is a risk-free trial of SlimChews. If you are enjoying the product after the fifteen-day trial period, you will be charged forty-three dollars and ninety-five cents and enrolled into the home delivery program. We will replenish your supply every thirty days and you will be charged a total of forty-nine dollars and ninety cents so you may achieve the weight loss you desire. You may suspend or cancel your membership at any time by calling our customer service department at [protected]. Remember, most customers see noticeable results by using SlimChews consistently for 3 months.

Al

More SlimChews Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Li
      18th of Mar, 2009

How is that considered an "unauthorized charge?" You just printed their agreement in your post stating what you agreed to when you ordered the product.

• Je
      4th of Jun, 2009

This complaint is very muted in tone for what SlimChews is really doing-scamming folks. They advertise a sample of the product. You pay for it. The fine print stating a totally different $49 monthly auto-enrollment plan is in small, hard to read text. The receipt they send you doesn't mention anything about the auto-enrollment they've just scammed you into. And when you complain they say you agreed to the terms when you purchased. What a devious way to sell a product. If they really believed in it they wouldn't need to rip people off in hard times to sell it.

• Ka
      23rd of Mar, 2010
    SlimChews - Beware, thet don't care about customers
    SlimChews

I have been trying to stop the shipments of slimchews, and the last one I received was without any indication of what company was sending it, did not acknowledge my desire to stop getting the product and it is very frustrating . i feel I have been scamed, and I hope this report will end my contact with the company... I also need a refund for the last shipment, as I received it very late, because of the postal service not delivering anything for almost 2 weeks due to the level of snow in our area...I don't know what else I could have done so that my request to cancel was not ignored...

12th of Apr, 2010

This company and the people working for them are nothing but con artists ! They never answer the question, they just keep saying that you agreed to their scam simply by ordering their product. The toll free number, you get an answering machine that tells you to email their customer support dept. When you email the company, you do NOT get any reply, PERIOD! There are dozens upon dozens of people getting scamed by these crooks! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! You will forever regret it!