Skypedenied access to service paid for

I paid for a US subscription and now Skype has denied me access to one of my accounts and failed to provide the service I paid for, thus they have robbed me of my money.

Skype makes it impossible to contact them. How can I get justice? How is this company allowed to operate in the United States without providing any means to contact them? How do they get away without having to answer to their customers?

They send you chasing all over the Skype website searching for a means to contact them when they very well know they have made it impossible for consumers to contact them.

Shame on Skype!

Xo
Jan 22, 2015

Comments

• Tm
      Feb 01, 2009
    Skype - fradulant practices
    skype

skype "blocks and bills"

i purchased unlimited calling. the account was blocked by skype, but skype kept billing. i am ok with skype blocking an account, but not billing after the account blocked. wish the attorney general would look into this. sending email to skype only results in receiving boilerplate replies.

• St
      Feb 12, 2009
    Skype - account charges
    ks traders link
    Greece

dear sir or madam

i pay with paysafe card my skype account but they detuct the money but no credit my account
    please check it out for me

• Nu
      Jul 18, 2009

I own a macbook; I downloaded skype and like everyone else, thought, " Hey, what a great idea, to see and talk to your loved ones" I soon purchased credits to expand my calling options. For some unknown reason, I no longer can complete calls even though I have ample credits ( $15.00) posted on the upper left of my account on the web page. The only thing that has changed, i accepted a promotional offer to call any landline in the world 30 days free. I have no phone number to contact to resolve this very frustrating situation. In the mean time I have credits, no refund, no ability to make calls.
    I have 2GHz processor speed
    2GB memory
    Mac OS X 10.5.7

can some one help me what is the problem?

• Cl
      Sep 04, 2009
    Skype - unarthorized account
    skype
    Mesa
    Arizona
    [protected]@scott.com

I did not sign up for this. (Unarthorized charge to my credit card. )I am requesting a telephone number so I can speak with someone in person at this company, . all e-mail has been refused!
    clara lea scott

• Fr
      Sep 11, 2009
    Skype - unauthorized charge to credit card
    Concord
    New Hampshire

I received an unauthorized charge to my visa credit card from www.skype.com internet in the amount of $10.00 on August 9, 2009

• Sh
      Oct 01, 2009
    Skype - charging my account i have no account withthem never used them
    Iowa

skypoe charged me 4 times t 14.25 and 14.33 I have never even used their producte nor do I have an account with them

• Me
      Jan 08, 2010
    Skype - several unauthorised autocharging instances
    Windsor
    England, Berkshire
    United Kingdom
    Phone: [protected]

Skype has taken several unauthorised payments through Paypal to the sum of £72 and has no complaints procedure that is meanfull in resolving this. All email replies are automatic and in Czechoslovakian

• Rh
      Jan 27, 2010
    Skype - Billed me for cancelled account
    Ludlow Media
    California

1.I signed up with a skype account.
    2.They sent me an email saying they had to reverse the charges due to a Paypal problem. Status - canceled it said.
    3. They proceeded to bill me for the "canceled" account for 4 months until I noticed.
    4. Their "policy" says they only refund one month.
    I have documentation that they canceled my account. How can they keep my money?

• Kd
      Feb 18, 2010
    Skype - Fraudulent Charges
    Knoxville
    Tennessee

Discovered 4 unauthorized charges made by Skype.com to my account for 15.71, 15.71, 15.71 and 15.71.They do not have a customer support number and have therefore created a issue with my bank account that cannot be resolved easily

Mar 26, 2010

When you say you got billed did they charge your credit card or taken away some money from your PayPal account?

Mar 26, 2010

So how could they charge you? Also charge you where? Credit card? Then just file a complaint to your credit card.

• Me
      Jun 18, 2010
    Skype Usb Phone - Almost 2 weeks & no Skype credit
    allan marshall
    16 cove pl 3840
    Morwell
    Victoria
    Phone: [protected]

the skype phone I purchesed does not work

• Al

account name: Khadija.reda1
    Password: aliandabbas1
    Charged $16.00 today. Please cancel all direct debit chargers

Nov 03, 2010

Same thing happened to me last year and got an unauthorized charge from Skype. Instead of asking them to return it, I just filed a charge back with my credit card and told then I didn't authorized Skype.

Got my money back which might not be the case if I asked Skype instead of my credit card.

• It
      Feb 05, 2011
    Skype - Almost 2 weeks & no Skype credit
    Skype

After ordering Skype Credits and paying by EFT almost 2 weeks ago, I STILL have no credit despite contacting Skype support a few days ago. It was an ABSA to ABSA payment, so there is no reason that they couldn't pick up the payment within 24 hours at the latest. This is ridiculous! There is no excuse for this shocking service!

• Ju
      Jun 08, 2011
    Skype - not working
    Maine

calls drop out, people can't hear me, voice drops away, call won't go through and have to make several attempts till call is picked up - just become a really BAD service

• Po
      Jun 17, 2011

Disc I/O error ...cant start or restart skype...

• Al
      Jun 20, 2011
    Skype - Services not rendered
    New York
    skype.com

Skype stopped serving the Online Number in Brazil and said will not refund me partially. I hired the services from Oct/2010 to Oct/2011 and don't trust them anymore.

Jul 01, 2011
    Skype - Madeline Millan
    Manhattan
    New York

I have been charged $10 each month, and I just noticed. I only contact people who also have skype. I don't know how to solve this problem. Thank you.

• Em
      Jul 11, 2011

Sounds very familiar. Noise, dropping out, echo, you name it. Why can it not be improved upon? Feedback does not seem to bring results.

• Em
      Jul 11, 2011

I very often experience background noises, fading out, slurred sound of speech, echo, frozen pictures on face to face skype and when you send me a questionnaire which I fill out and return to you, it never seems to make any difference to the quality of the calls.

• In
      Oct 12, 2011
    Skype - false advertising and not responding to complains
    Gibraltar

I purchased a number under skype manager which skype said it delivered but it is not usable.
    As well do they offer a service which according to their own chat reply is not functioning. Numerous contacts to skype have or been ignored, or been answered with canned templates which do not address the issue. There is no contact at which to direct complaints.

• Bi
      Sep 02, 2012
    Skype - Failure to send e-Mail for password
    Arizona
    Phone: [protected]

I followed your instructions to renew my credit card on my account. I forgot my password and requested a password token. I was advised that the e-Mail had bveen sent but that was nonsense. We have had this problem before. Why is there no way to get a response?
    [protected]@mindspring.com

• Ih
      Nov 27, 2012
    Skype - Cannot get my other Skype contacts
    1/30hazeltine court
    Maroochydore
    Queensland
    Phone: [protected]

I have joined Skype and have had another person able to Skype me and we see each other but I can't get my other Skype contacts and see them only voice

• Mi
      Apr 06, 2013
    Skype - MONEY STEELING FROM MY CARD.
    PERSONAL BUSSNESS
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

I HAVE A WALMART MONEY CARD AND I DID MY BALANCE AND I FOUND THAT SKYPE HAD CHARGE MY CARD $22.77 THAT I DID NOT GIVE PERMISSION TO DO SO. I NEVER GOT A RECIEPT FOR IT OR DID THEY CONTACTED ME FOR THE PAYMENT.. THEY STOLL MONEY FROM ME...

• Ak
      Sep 06, 2014
    Skype - issues in the skype PC app
    Philadelphia

Whenever I want to end a call or video call on skype the skype app is freezing and making my PC very slow. I need to reboot my PC after every call on skype.Is there any issue with the app or is any malware causing this issue, please help...

• Na
      Sep 06, 2014

Being that your comment is vague at best I would assume the problem is your computer. What type of computer is it or better yet what hardware is in it, where did you download the Skype client from ? If you didn't download the client where did you buy from ?

• Da
      Oct 02, 2014
    Skype - no other like skype
    skype.com
    CALIFORNIA CITY, CALIFORNIA
    California

Well to be fair, no company should spend a second developing for Blackberry. And Microsoft doesn't even support Windows Phone. 18 months it has been since it has seen a major update, and it was already in last place. Microsoft isn't doing itself any favors with that OS.

Jan 21, 2015
    Skype - Refund or unblock
    Sydney Metro Area
    Australia

Hi I am chandra bichuka I bought Skype credit by paying $209.99. I hardly used for 25 days, has to be 1 year don't know what reason blocked my Skype account by saying fraudulent activities. Did not get any particular reason. Whom should I talk to get justice. It's not fair.