Singapore Immigration / bad attitude

1 Singapore Review updated:

I am really angry at the Singapore custom officer I have met this morning. I have never encountered such a nasty custom officer before and it spoilt my mood in the early morning. And I seriously feel that the relevant party must take an action towards that nasty custom officer. <br />
<br />
I drove to S'pore thru causeway at about 8am today( the 1st counter in middle lane, I cannot remember the exact counter number, is either 9 or 11) . My driving skill may not good enough to keep the car near to the counter, while a bit longer distance make me accidentally drop my passport on the custom counter when I handed over to the custom officer. He seem very unhappy, asked my IC numbers twice and I did answer properly eventhough I was not sure why he wanna to ask for two times. When he finished update my info, he purposely throws my passport on the counter. It is really unbelievable and I was totally shocked whenever I saw his reaction. When I wind up my window, I heard he scolded me while I was not sure what word/language he scolded. Since I am rush to work hence didn't stop and argu with him. And I think he really spoilt the image of S'pore. <br />
<br />
Frankly speaking, I personnally feel the working attitude and efficiency of S[pore immigration become worse and worsen nowadays. You will notice a lot of custom officers seem work in a SUPER SLOW WORK PACE environment. Their reaction is slow, attitude is bad, and some of them always gather in a corner and do nothing. <br />
<br />
I hope this matter is seriously paid attention to.

Comments

26th of Mar, 2010

I wholeheartedly agree. I have found the condescending attitude of the immigration officers at the Singapore airport quite adverse to a happy entrance into Singapore. Singapore has to be one of the worst countries to enter for a visit or for a foreigner to return from leave.

• Nu
      19th of Oct, 2010

yes i am Sure singapore immigration police not Good with other countrey visitor.

• Ti
      1st of Nov, 2010

I am very agree with that. I found almost 95% Singapore immigration officer attitude very bad.
    An example on 30 October 2010. I went to Malaysia do medical check up at johor bahru and direct went to Singapore by bus. I am planning wanna shopping there since i had a long time never go to Singapore.

After I reached Singapore immigration around noon the officer already give me very unfriendly face after that worse, she throw my passport on the counter and then give me the form to fill because i am not Singaporean.
    The way she throw my passport just like i owe her a lot money!! I am very Angry, i am coming from far way to Singapore wanna shopping but what i got is very unfriendly and very Bad attitude of the immigration officer. What's wrong if give me a hand ??? if cant don't need give a rotten face of throw my passport

I am still remember the officer who throw my passport. She name is JOANNE THIAM.
    I hope Singapore government paid more attention about this matter.

• Ag
      11th of Jan, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I’m Malaysian citizen who work in Singapore almost 10 years. Today morning (12/01/01) I have a across a bad experience with the immigration officer in tuas check point. I write this just to tell that’s because of some bad attitudes is enough to spoil Singapore image.

I drove to S'pore thru tuas checkpoint at about 6.45am today morning. When I reach the counter I pass the passport to the officer(shamala Gowri) and remove my helmet. Suddenly the immigration officer asking me why you look at me? She repeat same question almost three time then I reply her do u want to identify my face or do you want I turn over my face to other side. Then she like not happy and said to me you all understand or not aiyo at the loud volume in tamil. The name of office is Shamala Gowri. This kind of attitude can spoil the image of people in Singapore. I don’t think she work at market but she was working for Singapore immigration.

In Singapore i have been many government offices but so far never seen people like her. Please advice those people because they lack of moral.

• Su
      6th of Feb, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

I’m Indian citizen who work in Indonesia from last years. Today morning (06/02/11) at 11.30 am I have a across a bad experience with the immigration officer(CI 2 KALSOM BTE BAKECHIL for CONTROLLER OF IMMIGRATION SINGAPORE) in Tanah Merah F.T. check point. I have got 2 years multiple entry visa from SINGAPORE HIGH COMMISSIONER IN NEW DELHI on dated 22-Jun-2010. But today above said officer didn't allow me to enter the Singapore with out showing proper cause. Even she didn't talk me nicely and also didn't tel me the cause. It's a great psychic abuse and harassment for a visitor. I write this just to tell that’s because of some bad attitudes is enough to spoil Singapore image.
    Thanking you