Simplicity Gourmet / Haven't received any products and now find out it is a scam. I do not want the cookware

United States Review updated:
1.8

I have been paying on this since July 08 and still received no products. I have found out that the items are way over priced and do not want to waste the money on this scam. can i get out of the contract?

Comments

Ka
  7th of Nov, 2008
This consumer actually just emailed us last night, around the same time this was posted with an inquiry into her order. She did not even give us an opportunity to look into her order before posting a complaint and has not contacted us prior to this posting or the email last night. I contacted her by phone upon recieving her email first thing this morning and have not heard back from her.

This customer was not approved for traditional financing but she did opt that in the event of this, she would like to do a credit rebuilding program that requires her to pre-establish credit by making a series of on time monthly payments that show she is willing and able to make consequtive on time payments. At which point, the rest of the balance will be financed completely and the products will be shipped. This is not our standard fianancing, as we don't acutally get paid until she fulfills the pre-establishment of credit. But we do understand that bad things happen to good people, and we want to provide an opportunity for people in her situation to re-build their credit history and still get the products taht they love.

This customer signed a seperate contract stating she would like to do this program should the need arise and when she received her first bill, which she states she's been paying on, a letter was included with the bill stating the finance circumstances pertaining to her order. The terms of this contract are clearly outlined and the consumer enters into it fully aware of the terms.

We are aware of claims online, but none of these claims are regarding our business or orders. Almost 100% of the claims pertain to a voucher for a two night's stay that we give away for attending our showcases. Most of these claims are pure speculation from parties who have never attended a showcase. Our vouchers are not scams and we do everything we can to make sure that all consumers receiving the incentive are booked and taken care of. We do have a BBB account with an exemplarary record; feel free to visit it: https://www.bbb.org/online/consumer/cks.aspx?ID=10705209422

Any questions or concerns regarding orders, vacation questions, etc, can easily be reconciled by calling our customer service department during business hours (M-R, 8-6, CST & F 9-5, CST) @ 866-897-7676 or emailing us: info@simplicitygourmet.com.

Many Blessings,
Katie Snyder
Client Services Director
Simplicity Gourmet, Intl.
Ja
  20th of Feb, 2009
Well I can say that Simplicity is a little slow on the draw. I have applied to the organization several times for various positions. I had gotten a good impression of them when I was planning my own wedding and happened upon a promotion guy at a wedding expo. I liked the idea of having great cookware but couldn't get a good grip on the pricing of the product. Never the less I applied a first time.

After a co-worker began doing event promotions for them I decided, hey maybe I can do what she does. She had great things to say about the work but didn't seem to believe in the product. In fact, I don't think she owns products from the company. In other words, she seemed to only be doing it for the money! I thought well, maybe I can do it and actually like promoting it. So, after a few months of waiting for a reply to my applications I applied again. After doing this, I waited and within a week a representative emailed me. He said he liked "my persistance." Well I tried to set up a time with him to meet and talk about employment opportunities, but he has yet to reply to my email.

I guess I will keep waiting. But, I get the impression that they just don't want to hire me. Maybe it is because I am not friends with anyone in the company or that the co-worker I do know wouldn't recommend me because she is a keep the goodies for herself kind of gal, which is smart. Whatever the case, I have no hard feeling againist the organization. I just wish they would be upfront about what they want in their employees.