Shopping Essentials / Fraud

CT, United States Review updated:
IMMEDIATELY CONTACT YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE ABOUT SHOPPING ESSENTIALS - WE ARE! This fraudulent business is well known to (at least ) Chase Financial Services. When we called to report that this company has been making unauthorized charges to our credit card since January, 2007)yes, I know, how stupid are we!), the fraud department recognized the name immediately. We have no idea Shopping Essentials is or how they got our card number, but we have learned that we are only one of many consumers who have been wrongfully charged at least $9.95 up to $13.95 per month by this "company." It's so clever of them - they fraudulently charge just enough money that you think you might have made a charge for Christmas and just can't figure out which product it related to. Although your card company will probably help, please report the fraud to the attorney general's office of the state in which you live. this is really the only way to stop this kind of fraud! And good luck!

Comments

Va
  18th of Jun, 2008
I bought a single item from Potpourri and was told that I would be receiving a form to receive a $20 rebate on the item, in return for my receiving some 'trial offer' materials for shopping discounts. Very vague at best. Apparently Potpourri then sent my credit card information to Shopping Essentials without either telling me or acquiring my permission. I never sent the rebate form back and had ZERO contact with anyone from Shopping Essentials. They nonetheless then began billing my credit card for a 'membership'. I think the only way to shop this kind of scam is to target the catalogue order operations that set you up and fail to explain what you're getting into. Potpourri's catalogues now go directly into the trash.
Su
  9th of Sep, 2008

Shopping Essentials - Cancel benefits

I received a letter which said that I will be charged a membership fee of $11.95. I want to cancel my membership before 10/2/2008 when I am scheduled to be charged.

I do not want thsi sevice. I want to unsubcribe.

Thank you.
Ju
  26th of Sep, 2008
Shopping Essentials is a scam company that charges all different prices depending on who they fraudulantly got your info from. Mine was through a charge I made with Restaurant.com in JANUARY!!! I had been charged $14.95 for 9 months before I caught on. I called them and the first thing the girl asked was "how much was the charge for?" She said she would refund the $14.95, and I said no, you owe me from Jan. and I want documentation of my initiating this service (I don't buy online except with paypal on ebay). I get the Supervisor "Shannon" who said the same ...current month refunded...not good enough for me. I told her I never authorized this electronic debit ever and that I was contacting any branch of government that would listen. She said she could email me a "snapshot of the page I authorized", I told her my bank would be involved as well, then she said she would refund back to Dec.07 after I told her I had already been through this with Reunion.com...never used them. Be safe, don't buy online unless you have paypal!!! I think Restaurant.com would be upset to learn there is so much negative/fraudulant info @ Shopping Essentials.com Good Luck, don't give up until you get ALL of your money back...they probably did the reunion.com charge too!
Cw
  5th of Oct, 2008
I noticed AP9shoppingessentia on my estatement of my American Express card when I was looking for something else. It was a work day and I do not get on the computer on work days; not enough time. I called American Ex. right away and told them it is fraudulent. They will take it off and supposedly do their own investigation. I feel lucky I caught this so quick. I have no clue where they got my number from because I have not even used that card for a couple months online and I only buy online from reputable online stores. One needs to watch their credit card statements very close.
Su
  2nd of Nov, 2008
I found out this morning a charge of $19.95 (by Shopping Essentials @ 888-999-0564) on my debit account which I did not recognize and most definitely did not authorize. I called my bank right away and filled a fraud claim which automatically cancels my debit card and reverses the charge. The bank will issue me a new card with a new # that those creeps would not have to apply additional charges on. I was shocked and terrified to find out that ANYONE can have access to my bank account and allow themselves to my money just like that. I have no idea how these creeps got my debit #, I do tend to order on line but keep a close eye on my bank account as well. It is scary to know ANYONE can do that to you without your approval and I hope they are stopped. This is wrong! I did take a commentators advise and tried to file a complaint with the Nebraska BBB but they don't have to co. on file, I had to fill out info about the co. which I didn't have. Any advice on how to tackle these monsters to prevent them from doing this to other people?
Do
  16th of Nov, 2008
charges on my debit of 19.95 a month.
Di
  11th of Dec, 2008
Shopping Essentials has been ripping me off for $11.95 a month since June '08. These debits were unauthorized by me. I have never even heard of Shopping Essentials.
Ch
  23rd of Dec, 2008

Shopping Essentials - unauthorized charges to my debit card

Just realized Shopping Essentials have been charging my bank account $19.95 a month since July 2008 and have no idea for what. When I called they said I had signed up for this-I have no idea what "this" is. I never signed up for it-they started charging me at the same time I signed up and paid for a trial membership in Classmates.com. They said they would cancel my account. This is totally a scam!! Who should I complain to?
Et
  24th of Dec, 2008
I just got hit with a $14.95 charge via my debit card from Shopping Essentials. A company with whom I have had no contact or communications, just showed up. Contact my bank to file a formal compliant.
Te
  28th of Dec, 2008
I was checking my credit card and found two unauthorized companies charging my credit card. One is "Saving Membership " and the other is "Easy Saver". Neither is a company I know anything about. For the last three months they are illegally charging my account. I am going to call and try to get credit for these charges. Easy Saver has a 1-800-444-9491 number that could help. Ted
Ma
  18th of Jan, 2009
My bank debit card is being charged $19.95 a month for a membership that Iknow nothing about and did not join and did not give permission to have my bank acccount charged. This began last August. I am not sure how all of this started. I replied to an add for a free sample of Ultra Lean Green Tea right before this began. However, shoping essentials is not listed in the add or on the product. This is the only thing that I can come up with as to how this all started.
Re
  28th of Jan, 2009
This happened to me too. Starting in March of 2008, I started receiveing charges of $19.95 on our bank statement. Now it is up to $22.95 in January 2009. This is fraud. How do I get help? Over $200 have been charged. This is an outrage!!! I know nothing about this company. I don't know how these charges came about. How do I get my money back?
Be
  2nd of Mar, 2009

Shopping Essentials - charged credit card when unauthorized
3319 San Marcus
Dallas
Texas
Phone: 2145871239
bjsealy10@netzero.net

Discovered I was being charged $l4.95 a month since my January credit card statement. I had never heard of this company. Evidently they secured my credt card number from an order to Vista Printing. I then received a monthly charge from this company.
I have tried unsuccessfully to make contact with this company.
Betty Dallas. Tx/
Da
  2nd of Mar, 2009
The same thing happended to me. However, I called the 1-800 number and had them cancel the account and reimburse me for all the past transactions. They did all except the first payment.
Ja
  10th of Mar, 2009
Shopping Essentials got me too - My bank and I just called them to see what was up. The guy was rude - telling me that it was all my fault and that I should read the fine print, blaa blaa blaa. I only got stuck for $23.00. Can you imagine - at least $23 from thousands of people for NOTHING - they should go to jail!
Jo
  15th of Mar, 2009
HOT NEWS!!! ( Shopping essentials or shoppingessentials, AP9 etc)

Charged for the last 10 months through restaurant.com offer (not sure if restaurant.com is to be blamed). Called and shouted at shopping essentials ( got them thru my CC company) and said that I will complian if they do not credit it back. Must be my luck day.. they did. I got all of my about $165 back. I urge you to do the same. If this works please do let folks know, so they can do the same. Please read your CC statements every month, like your life depends on it and if you do not recognize any charges, talk to your spouse immediately or call the CC company. Even $1 spent on these pondscums is worthless.
Al
  21st of Mar, 2009
Had similar experience...

Be aware of Shopping Essentials... we were browsing Restaurant.com and came up on an ad, clicked it and when learned that it is per month service denied it. Lo and behold these cheats at Shopping Essentials starting charging $14.95.

They had the guts to say I signed up and blah, blah... I asked for proof and they started wetting their pants.

Let's spread the word and get the cheats in jail.
As
  1st of Jun, 2009
I just found out today that Shopping Essentials has been charging my account since January of this year of $14.95 each month. They told me when I called that they were connected with True.com and you were offered to save 20 percent off of your shopping. Has anyone heard that same thing? What can I do to get my money back?
Sm
  1st of Jun, 2009
$19.95 has been appearing on my bill since December 2008. This charge was submitted by Shopping Essentials of Connecticut. I did not authorize it! The South Carolina Attorney General will get a letter from me tomorrow.
Ag
  18th of Sep, 2009
Once I completed my shopping at Chadwicks.com a survey appeared on the screen and upon completing it I found an e-mail that stated I'd signed up for Shopping Essentials. They sent an e-mail with terms and conditions that stated that I had agreed to have my debit card debited each month to pay for a membership...no price is mentioned and they reserve the right to give discounts or add to the price of the membership. ??????????? I am sending a letter (certified mail) to terminate a membership I never even knew I was starting...it's ludicrous and these companies should be punished for this sort of business practice.