Shipito / Shipito.com / credit card fraud!!! stay away from shipito!!!

1 2972 Columbia St., Torrance, CA 90503, USATorrance, CA, United States Review updated:

Shipito are thieves and criminal, pure and simple. Avoid them at all cost!!!

Shipito.com in torrance, california enticed my fiancée into a monthly membership for $25 and then added an assisted purchase service for which she paid separately $8.50 (Plus cost of purchase, sales tax, shipping) and on top of that, they charged 10% commission from the purchase cost, but that wasn't enough... These shipito scamers charged another 5% pretending to be visa fees.

When she had to order more items, they kept charging her card for every item they received. She called and cancelled the membership and even paid for an additional month that she didn't use due to their questionable calculations.

Despite this, she continued to be billed $25 a month because of the credit card information that the shipito scammers got from her membership during registration, which did not cover any assisted purchases. When challenged on these fraudulent charges, the individual introduced as the senior manager explained that the membership was just like buying a car. If you decide to keep it in the garage, you still have to pay for it.

When I explained that according to my own understanding of california and federal law, shipito has a right to claim money they feel they may be owed but do not have the right to abuse credit card information or make charges against an account which the owner of that account has clearly stated they do not authorize. Since my fiancee cancelled by email, and has confirmation of the cancellation and since shipito confirms that the cancellation was due to her stopping the service, they are wrong on two accounts. Firstly, they are charging without authorization citing a membership agreement they have confirmed is closed and secondly as the car analogy is ridiculous since a car is a physical item you own and shipito is claiming that they should still be paid for existing even though there is no way they could ever provide the services they want to charge for.

One of their useless staff ended our conversation saying that given the economy, they couldn't afford to let anybody cancel their membership and so, by the direction of his boss, whom handles these issues.

I tried to contact them by email about this problems several times with no response. When pressed for the details, they kept sending me to their faq page.. Their flustered explanation was to say that the agreement would be in force as long as shipito decided it was in force, an answer I found rather extraordinary.

I told them that I didn't think that the california or federal courts would not be sympathetic to that interpretation, to which they outright scoffed and would continue to charge whatever they thought was a proper fee.

Shipito.com has gone beyond mere predatory contract practices and is engaging in outright criminal activity. Do not trust these people with your credit card information as they have proven that they will take credit card info from one agreement and use it to charge for another one. Further, the only cancellation policy they can clearly define is not even existing.

On a personal note, the most annoying aspect of this is that these people arrogantly show you that they will continue to submit credit card charges for which they know they do not have legal authorization to charge (If by no other means in that they themselves confirmed the original membership cancellation) for services they fully admit they are incapable of providing in any reasonable manner.

Shipito are thieves and criminal, pure and simple. Avoid them at all cost!!!

Da

Comments

• Ai
      14th of Feb, 2010

Why don't you just cancel the credit card and get a new one issued by the bank?

• Ea
      14th of Feb, 2010

I am sorry, but this must be total lie. I am CEO of Shipito. We don't save credit card numbers. If someone doesn't go to our website and submits new payment we don't even have an option to charge someones credit card.

I think this had to be written by someone trying to damage our company. I wish there is place to report this.

• Na
      25th of Apr, 2017

@eastbiz You are CEO? so here's my experience and i can garantee this is HAPPENING. Beware and do not trust. SHIPITO STOLE a package of mine worth 700 dollars plus all i payed for shipping!
    After 3 months (now it's 5!!!) they simply could not give me an answer about what happened to my item!! They had the paypal invoice of what i payed for it (700 dollars they even photographed it for me!!!) shipping was also insured. After "reimbursing" me for 20 ridiculous dollars into THEIR shipito account, as a foolish attempt to make me "shut up", they made my shipito account INACTIVE saying i am "fraudulent" when i told them 20 dollars were not enough at all!!! This company is a SCAM, i am a serious musician who buy gear online since 2004 and this never happened to me!!! Every private seller on ebay who shipped directly to me had his item normally delivered! Shipito STOLE it finding excuses for 3 months and when i started to get really angry and started "fighting" for my rights, wanting a solution from them, they simply closed my account to get rid of the problem!
    SHIPITO IS A SCAM! Please people let's be united to sue them and have our money back!!! I will do whatever it takes to make them pay for their robbery and unprofessional behaviour!! This cannot be allowed by us! It's time to STOP them for good!
    If you, like many other people i read around and me, are being stolen by this company, get in touch and let's make them PAY!

14th of Feb, 2010

I have dealt with Shipito for some months and key features of the complainant’s story don’t match my own experience or that of other Shipito clients. It’s easy to check this for yourself. Shipito has an open online discussion forum that includes negative comments as well as positive comments.

If you read through the forum postings, you will see that both the forum moderator and Shipito’s CEO are responsive to customer concerns, complaints and suggestions, and indicate an ongoing interest in making a good company better.

In summary, and on the basis of my experience, Shipito is an upfront company providing a professional service, and I have no hesitation in recommending it to others.

• To
      15th of Feb, 2010

I'm also Shipito member and every issue I had was disscused very briefly and correctly by company's CEO himself so these acussations you're writing are bunch of lies cause CEO and entire Shipito team would not allow to happen.

• Ro
      15th of Feb, 2010

Watch your bank accounts! I was debited for a Membership fee for 6 months and did not authorize the transactions at all.
    I have "cancelled" the so-called memebership by sending them an email and requested a credit, but was told that I would receive an email confirmation and a refund and I never did.

• Vs
      16th of Feb, 2010

Another shipito customer here... I wouldn't say that customer service is perfect at this company, but it gets the work done. I had several issues with them, but they were mostly related to quality of service, not to billing and were eventually resolved.

• To
      16th of Feb, 2010

RobertUno, why are you complaining?

VIRTUAL MAILBOX plans
    1. $50 per year or you can pay $10 per month (no contract required)
    2. $25 per month (has to be paid for 6 months in advance) and only $2.50 per package mail out fee

so you had to be charged for 6 months in advance, example at my place when you want to prolong contract with cell phone company for a year, and after 4 months you want to cancel that deal, you can, but have to pay other 8 of 12 months

• Mo
      10th of Mar, 2010

I started using Shipito on the 19th last month and according to my experience this is a total lie and this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Shipito is the fastest for the price.

My experience:

I bought a Samsung 2233RZ Monitor from Amazon to Shipito which was delivered in 4 days through FedEx Standard. Then from Shipito to Maldives in 6 days through USPS Express International, which is pretty fast compared to my other items bought through eBay directly to Maldives.

• Br
      15th of Mar, 2010

I have never had a money related issue with shipito and I've done a few thousand dollars worth of business with them. I love their service - it makes my life much easier. I'm in Australia and their service has been the best I've tried.
    Regards,
    Andrew.

• Sh
      22nd of Jun, 2010

SHIPITO COMPLAINT

I have had problems with this company as well. They hold your money and your boxes and wont send them to you because of "spending limit" or some BS. THIS IS AFTER THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY! Its not like before you try to give them money they say "o dont give us money cause we cant use it for 2 weeks" They simply take your money and then wont send you your packages. DON'T USE SHIPITO!

• Pe
      10th of Jul, 2010
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

This guy writing above me under the nick "shipitosux" obviously is just a scammer trying to take customers to his own business... what a freakin looser.

• Ti
      26th of Jul, 2010

DON'T TRUST THIS COMPANY...SHIPITO TOTAL SCAMMER...!!!
    THEY DIDN'T REFUND MY MONEY BACK ON MY DEPOSIT ACCOUNT...

THEY KEPT MY MONEY, THEY STOLEN MY STUFF...!!!
    SERIOUSLY...SHIPITO IS BIG BIG SCAMMERS...!!!

NOW I ALREADY COMPLAINT TO PAYPAL, TO REQUEST MY MONEY BACK..., ALSO I ALREADY SUMMIT COMPLAINT TO POLICE AND FBI..

• Do
      18th of Aug, 2010

I am Brazilian and this content is not in accordance with my experience with Shipito.com

It is a serious, honest company and fulfills what it was contracted.

Virtually I know people of the Shipito who I know that they work hard to supply the best services in a very short stated period!

Lies, lies and lies… or Mr. DavidMa did not understand, or did not read all terms of the services. (and they are there)

Sorry my English, I use a Yahoo Translator, but nor therefore it could silence when reading these information.

• Ra
      27th of Sep, 2010

I totally disagree with the complaint. So far i have sent items using shipito services and have yet to see any flaw with their services. I usually ship items 2 or 3 times per month and every shipment the items are worth thousands of dollars. Its obvious the real scammer here is he who wrote the complaint. It is most likely fabricated on purpose. He must be a total LOSER

• By
      13th of Oct, 2010

SHIPITO ??
    The BEST Company scams in the world. Not only take the items but also take the money too of their members.
    ATTENTION for all
    Do not use their services. ... .. is VERY VERY DANGEROUS !!!
    TRUST ME.

Holland

• Ta
      16th of Oct, 2010

Well..I need to freight forward some items to India, found out about shipitto, did a search for reviews and came across this complaint. I must say I am a little worried even if the negative comments do appear to be somewhat artificial in tone.

Anyways, I'll give shipitto a try regardless and update my experiences here once it's done.

• Lu
      18th of Oct, 2010

Yeah look at their replies to me...

Re: hey Shipito.com to you - 11 min ago
    From: Shipito.com
    To: lunaatick ..
    Date:Mon, Oct 18, 2010 4:34 pm.

We don't really care to take your opinions in to consideration. I am very sorry that they are obviously more qualified than you are

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 4:22 PM, wrote:

WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP HIRING ALL THE HISPANIC PEOPLE?????????????

They will keep coming here... and businesses will be out of balance and shut down, because you guys keep IGNORING the Americans who
    have been here long enough... Government can't barely take care of ALL OF US!!!

• Be
      20th of Oct, 2010

Okay, this is my honest review and I hope that I can provide some insight for someone not to stumble through the frustrating steps I’ve been already.

Life is full of expenses and there’s simply never a time to really buy what you want. Nevertheless, I got my annual bonus, and I wanted to import stuff from the US, at least for the last year and a half. I have searched many forums, and read about user experiences of other people – all about what and who they suggest to use as a shipping forwarded company.

After a lot of research, I already decided a year and a half ago, that I’ll use Ship It To, when the time has come to order from the US. So the time has finally arrived, and I decided to order a Nokia N900, Some Otterbox protection for the nokia, two Bluetooth headsets, a Bluetooth mouse and a Bluetooth dongle. Mmmm I think that’s about it. I ordered it on the 15th of October 2010 at amazon.com

I did not want to spend a lot of money on amazon.com, and I’ve selected only items with free shipping and sold by amazon. I chose items sold only by amazon, cause I wanted one single package. Nevertheless. I checked my calendar and the frees hipping option would’ve taken a couple of day just to deliver the items to Ship It To. So I then gave it much though and chose the 2 day air shipping.

However, just before I placed the order, I opened my Ship It To account. The once-off shipment option had no consolidation and even though I knew I just order items to ship in once single package, I purchased the monthly plan which include consolidation – just for in case I might need it. Ummmm….

I’m not a person to badmouth others, but I’m really trying to be honest here.

So, I wanted my items to be shipped to the Memphis warehouse. Cause one has multiple warehouse options in the shipping calculator, before purchase. Nevertheless. From the accounts panel of Ship It To, after signing in, I apparently did not have enough verification status to have the addresses, other than Torrance and I think Hong Kong, available to me. The verification process include sending a signed form by mail to shipito in the US.

Earlier this year while I was in the US, my sister sent me a christmas and birthday card in November 2009 and I only received it in March 2010. So I will have to wait at least 2 months, at least, for my signed form to arrive in the US, unless I courier it.

Nevertheless, I had no other option than Torrance, US. Also, the max. spending amount is US$75.00 until you get 100% verified. I uploaded all the verification docs that I have, and apparently I am now “+30%” but that does not apply to increasing the US$75.00 one is allowed to “spend”. I phoned shipito to discuss this and to ask a couple of questions I’d like to know, because this is the first US shipment for me, I have not done it in the past, and I just wanted a peace of mind. I mean, I just spent a couple of hundred dollars on my purchase.

Sergey, to whom I spoke to, as really unfriendly and he “doesn’t care” and can do “nothing about the situation” – my concern was that I think the shipping costs will be more than 75 dollars. And since I’m only allowed to spend 75 dollars, what will happen to my package if it costs more than 75 dollars to ship with FedEx?

Sergay was really unhelpful, and told me after 6 minutes and 34 seconds, that I’m wasting his time for keeping him 20 minutes on the phone, etc etc. And honestly, I really kept is short and simple.

I was really astounded by this response, but I decided that its okay.

My packages arrived on time at Ship It To. Impressive.

I phoned my local fedex just to ensure that everything will be in order and how I should proceed to get my package, because we only have two FedEx branches in the country, which is located in the larger towns. I also phoned FedEx’s import and customs agent – to ensure how I should proceed in regards to paying the import taxes, etc.

So, FedEx – Checked.
    Import Customs – Checked.

Everything was checked. I’m so afraid that something might go wrong!

In the meantime, I sent an email to shipito – but with no response after a day.

I sent 4 emails to Daniel – and no response since.

I sent 4 emails to Mandi – no response since.

I phoned shipito – and after being treated as if I am really disturbing them – I decided not to call again.

Sergay spelled it out last time that if I have a problem, its my problem, not theirs, whatsoever.

I also tried to load funds to my account – but my card failed. Which is impossible, but the response time was so instant after trying a couple of times, it seems impossible that they’ve actually tried to authorized it.

So, as Sergay said, I have to do a wire transfer, and in addition to the fees charged at my local bank for wiring a payment to the US, which is more than an arm and a leg, they charge 4.something percent as well as 16 dollars something, for receiving a wire payment – and that’s all my problem.

So, the 2 packages is now in the warehouse, and through my admin I chose to have them consolidated. The shipping for both packages should have been 120 dollars something, but after having them consolidated to actually pay less for the shipment, I now own shipito 192.52 dollars.

I emailed shipito just to get a confirmation in regards to this, but no response.

I emailed and asked them to please please just respond – but no response, since.

So, I don’t like to give bad scores. Honestly, I don’t know what to score them. At some stage I though of just forgetting a package and if it arrives some day, be happy, if not, forget about it. But then I have to remind myself that I cant just give up, and that I’m paying shipito a lot of money, for providing a service.

So, to score them, I’ll rather do this – to get my score.

1) Living up to their promises : 2/10 – I don’t know why I score them 2, cause it should be 0.
    2) Responding to a question – mmmm, do I really have to score them 0? Yes. 0/10
    3) Customer support and providing polite support - … 0/10? Should I really be this harsh. No, I’m just being honest.
    4) Well there must be a good point… Okay, consolidation service, 10/10. But no, my packages now cost far more after the consolidation. So it cant be 10/10. Okay, 3/10
    5) Okay, advertising a good product, even thou not living up to their promise, lets give them 5/10

Just a note – for some reason I have a lot of invoices in my account stating NOT PAID and I phones them in regards to this, and the lady said I should just wait until they disappear by themselves.
    I’m really really sad. Really. This is not just disappointing. The thing that really upsets me the most, is that I don’t get any response from Ship It To, not at all. And when calling them, they are really really impatient and rude.
    I’m so so so sad. Not because that I wont receive my package in the projected 7 days (that’s why I paid Amazon far more for shipping, to have it delivered at shipito in 2 days time) and not because, well, yeah, not because I can only “spend” 75 dollars in my account.

I’m so sad, I feel like just forget about the package, totally. I’m sad because I feel like being mislead and now that I’ve paid them and now that the package is in their warehouse – I simply cant get a way communicating with them.
    I’m really disappointed. Really.

My average score based on my single scores above : 10%

I am so so so sad, and so disappointed. I feel like being ripped of.

And I know the costs just to get it here in Namibia, is about to cost me far more than what I paid for my items.

• Be
      22nd of Oct, 2010

This is benniecpt.

I would just like to post an update;

The world are full of scammers.

I've been a victim two or 3 times - not with large amounts, but my money (as like everyone else's) is really hard earned.

This was my first (still is) international shipment.

I was anxious and started getting worried when I did not get a reply.

I would just say that I totally over-reacted, and its 2 days after - and I have received the best possible service one can ask for.

I still have to do the wire transfer, since I cannot do paypal or cc right now - due to security reasons, and being from an african countr, I guess this is just security procedures.

I would specially like to congratulate Sergay and Lindsey on providing professional and friendly support instantly and resolved matters instantly.

Due to my worries that I could have been ripped of again, we set of on totally the wrong foot.

Shipito is probably the best service (I've spoken to many people for advice) and I really want to say thank you for what you have done for me so far.

Apologies from over-reacting a bit.

You are the best, I could not have asked for a better shipping forwarder company.

Honestly.

• Ea
      1st of Nov, 2010

I am the CEO of Shipito. If you want to get a real idea about our service and read true reviews please visit our forums at http://www.shipito.com/forum

Complaintsboard is great for all kinds of complains from people who didn't even try our service and then write something about us. Like the original complain which is a lie. We don't charge customers unless they click and fill out credit card info on their account with each payment they want to send. We don't save credit card information.

We are an equal opportunity employer. We hire people of all races and nationalities. The most important is to see who is the most qualified for the job.