Sharp / Very expensive and wont last long

United States Review updated:
I purchased a Sharp LC 20S1E LCD TV in March 2003, and it lasted 13 months. Luckily, I was offered a replacement, and that one lasted 18 months, whoopee. I called Sharp only to be advised that 'Madam we do not deal with members of the public'! The dealer wasn't interested (Coop), and there is no independent company prepared to assess or repair it, except Sharp, through an agent, and at a huge cost.
Va

Comments

De
  6th of Jun, 2014
The Sharp Aquos is a beautiful TV. I bought a "48" 31/2 years ago for 1, 499.00.
And now the big BUTTTTT it stopped working last Nov. I called Sharp and they
knew exactly what was wrong. The V on the TV is the light that just blinks an they knew this. They told me seeing it was not even out for 4 years yet to send them my receipt because they told me it would cost over 600.00 to fix it and they do not stock the part for it. Well they told me they would replace it with a smaller one that was close to 700 an that I had to wait until they got them in stock an I had 30 days to make up my mind. So now I'm thinking their replacing it for free??? When I called back they wanted my credit card I asked why?? Here I'm thinking it free??? Don't thnk so..I asked the guy what does replace mean to Sharp??? So if you want a real nice tv an great picture I suggest you don't buy a Sharp they do not stand by their products. An it looks great sitting on my dining room floor.

Sharp Electronics Corporation Logo Sharp Electronics Corporation