Shari's Berries — dirty practice
These berries come from the farm in crates, with dirt and anything else that may have contaminated them (animal fecal matter, pesticides, etc...) and are dipped in chocolate without washing them.
Despite worries from the company for years about the negative health effects and consumer sentiment around not washing our strawberries before dipping them in chocolate, nothing has been done to resolve this issue.
The company ships millions of these strawberries per year, especially now during the upcoming christmas holiday, valentines day holiday and mother's day holiday. The berries arrive directly from the farm, are sorted for size in machinery and directly sent to be dipped in chocolate (actually it's not even real chocolate, but a chocolate like substance). There is actual dirty and grime accumulation all over the berry sorting equipment because of how dirty the berries are.
The executives at the company recognized this as a potential issue and year after year give it lip service. However, putting in a real system to properly clean the berries or somehow track shipments to a certain lot of berries from a farm would cost money. Currently if a group of customers across the country contracted a food bourne infection from the berries, the company would have no way to resolve the issue or track where the berries originated from.
Don't send your loved ones these berries for the sake of health.
-concerned shari's berries employee
More Shari's Berries Complaints & Reviews
- Shari's Berries - complete rip off 
- Shari's Berries - horrible product
- Shari's Berries - quality of product
- Shari's Berries - ridiculous shipping charges 
- Shari's Berries - unacceptable product
- sharies berries - customer service complaint
- Shari's Berries / Berries.com - billing issue!!
- Shari's Berries / Berries.com - mother’s day gift
- Berries.com - opened the box and a large number of bugs crawled out 
- Shari's Berries / Berries.com - received berries taste fermented.