Serversupply.com / Will never use server supply again

United States Review updated:

I ordered a used replacement HDD for a Dell D520 computer. After re-formatting the drive and loading my operating system, I ran the drive for about a week when it started throwing continuous errors, BSOD and so on. After running several disk checks, I realized that this was a failing HDD with many bad sectors and clusters. Much worse than my original HDD that this one was purchased to replace.

I emailed Server Supply with an explanation of the problems and a picture of the screen showing the errors asking for a replacement, but never received a response.

I chalked this up to a bad experience and will never use server supply again but I also want to make sure anyone else who considers using them can at least consider my experience before doing so.

Op

Comments

• Re
      9th of Apr, 2013

Your complaint is contradictory. You said it ran fine for a week. There's no way anyone could know it was going to fail. Maybe your computer is suffering from hardware corruption due to failing components or some other problem. Nobody knows.

You should have checked the drives' internal controller to see how many hours were on it and whether it had suffered any read errors in the past, before using it. But you don't sound like a tech so.

16th of Aug, 2014

"WARNING!!! Read this before you loose money:I
    purchased a NEW server with original HP warranty. The server arrived DEAD! I was told that the warranty had expired and they can't do anything about it. The server was a two year old piece of junk put together from non-matching part numbers, totally scratched and dusty.

DO NOT GET SCREWED!

I am out $3.418!!! I filed consumer protection claims and I will sue them. What a headache!"