Select Staffing / Unfair Application Process

Jun 29, 2015
Select Staffing
First off, I am a teacher in the city of Savannah. To be a teacher, one has to go through extensive background checks, especially in the State of Georgia. I passed those checks with no problems and I have a rewarding career. Since I was off for the summer, I decided that I would apply to some staffing agencies to earn some extra money while school is out. I chose Select Staffing. I filled out their application online and there was an 'attitude/dishonesty test' attached to the application. Upon completing the application, I was scheduled to come in for orientation and take a drug test. I went in and watched a 20 minute safety video, filled out tax forms, submitted my resume, and took the drug test. They said they would call me in a few days to tell me when I could start calling their availability line. I never got the call. When I called to check on the status of my application, they told me I failed the Insight attitude/dishonesty test. I found this to be very offensive and I thought it didn't make sense that they let me come in and go through that process, which turned out to be a waste of time. Couldn't they have told me that BEFORE I came in and did orientation and gave them all of my personal info? Furthermore, I question the validity of that test. I've never stolen items or assaulted a person at a job in my life. I'm a teacher for Pete's sake. I'm very disappointed.

Select Staffing Logo Select Staffing