Seatwave / ticket scam

England, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I bought tickets for 4 people for take that supposidly for the value of £120 plus charges so it made it £144 each . When the tickets arrived they was valued at £74 and totally in a different place where i clicked . I got in touch with them and they informed me that they have up graded my tickets coz the original tickets where only valued at £50 so all in all we have paid over £80 each in chargers which is disgusting . They made a profit of over £320 out of 4 tickets . Would nt ever use them again and they should be something done about companies like seatwave . I know they have to make a profit but that is daylight robbery . Its bad enough they charge you so much but then you get tickets that you didn t orginally book as well and to be told your tickets where valued at £120.00 thinking we was gonna get good seats .

Comments

•   Jun 11, 2011

I agree, its ticket touting and if you do it outside the venue you are liable to be arrested but its perfectly legal online. The buy the tickets at properly slighty more then facevalue, and you will find that most of these companies are sister sites of the main ticket sellers. Get me in is the sister company of ticketmaster. So who is to say that ticketmaster dont set aside x amount of tickets for get me in to sell at the highly inflated prices. I think selling tickets at more then facevalue (add p & p) should be illegal like it is with sporting events.

• Se
      Aug 10, 2011

I agree. I used to work for them and they are an incompetent bunch of idiots.

• He
      Aug 12, 2011

Dear all - I bought tickets from Seatwave this week; I wish I'd seen this first!! I selected my tickets, was given a total price which included - tickets, admin, postage and insurance - all of which was quite high but could live with. So added my address and card details then clicked to proceed. Once they had my details all of the above prices increased there was no way I could stop the payment so in effect they took what they wanted. Surly this is theft. I'm absolutely furious - I don't care that I have the tickets without problem at short notice they stole additional money that i had not agreed to!!

• La
      Apr 26, 2012

my partner purchased 2 tickets for the nkotbsb for this saturday @ o2 arena in london, these were bought on the 27th october 2011 & 6 months later have still not arrived !!!, i found seatwave page on facebook & made a query on there page & seatwave replied back & asked for the ticket ref no & they will look into it, within 15 mins of doing this my partner received a phone call from a blocked no & it was a rep from seatwave informing us that they will be sent out tomorrow ( one day b4 event ) & also the layout of our seats as been changed, this we wouldn't have known if it wasnt for us to be pestering them ..only taken 6 months to tell us ... & we was also given a number to ring them back on & it turned out to be a car rental company !!!, the tickets value is £ 360, this is a diabolical service & i will be informing people not to use seatwave ever !!!

• Fu
      May 23, 2013

BOUGHT 5 TICKETS ADVERTISED TOTAL COST £825 04.TICKETS CAME TODAY £225 TOTAL COST.PROFIT £600.

• Fu
      May 23, 2013

Bought 5 tickets from seat wave advertised at £138.99 per ticket plus £25 seat wave commission and £4.99 postage total £825.04, tickets received today £45.00 total value £225 thats a huge profit £600.