Seattle Talent / Scam

Seattle Talent is a scam. They advertise open casting calls to work for film, television, and commercials. They guarantee that they can find a work for you but they never do. They also ask for large sums of money upfront, for them to find you work as a movie extra.

Ru
Apr 05, 2013

Comments

• Gr
      Dec 02, 2014

I am a current client with Seattle Talent and they have never guarinteed me any work. All they did was promise to introduce me to agents every month from LA and I have already met 7 agents, plus I have booked 2 jobs. And everybody in the office is super nice and professional.

The person who posted this must have been rejected after there audition and now is all butt hurt about the result. And posting online anonymously. If you are going to be in show business, you need to be prepared to hear no.

• Fa
      Jul 18, 2015

I just auditioned for Seattle Talent today, and they did not say anything about it not costing money. They even mentioned how much it would cost for me if I am excepted into their agency. If you are not excepted then I advise you to try and try again. They are here to help you prepare for the world of acting, modeling, and singing. They are only able to except so many new potentials each time they are in your area. Also if you like these shows- Criminal Minds, CSI, and Numbers then you have seen some of the shows that they have people in just for helping them out. They also have people in Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Grown Ups, Transformers, and Just go with It. SO they are a scam HA.

• Al
      Oct 11, 2017

I got accepted after my audition and i got a call back. I paid money up front, then theh set me up with classes every sunday. Is seattle talent really legit?

• Xc
      Nov 07, 2017

@Alita George Money upfront is legitimate for a talent class, but not a talent agent. There are plenty of actors and models out there who already have enough talent to be represented. I'm not saying that taking classes as a bad thing. Any good actor or model will always do whatever they can to improve their craft. However, agents and auditions look at where you trained so if you really want to just take a class I would look for a reputable company. You know that there are reputable because they will represent themselves as classes not agencies. Good luck

• Ca
      Nov 06, 2017

My daughter has been taking the workshops of Seattle Talent and
    They didn’t promise anything but opportunities. So far so good. I trained with Tiffany Talent Agency a few years back and they are willing to take me on without taking their workshops. This is not the activity of a scammer. From what I can see they are legitimate as long as you understand that you are paying for is training. If you are a fully trained and /or experienced professional then representation will not cost you more than an updated resume and headshots. Once trained they submit you for jobs or send you opportunities and then it’s up to you to audition.

• Xc
      Nov 07, 2017

Money upfront is legitimate for a talent class, but not a talent agent. There are plenty of actors and models out there who already have enough talent to be represented. Dime a dozen. I'm not saying that taking classes as a bad thing. Any good actor or model will always do whatever they can to improve their craft. However, agents and auditions look at where you trained so if you really want to just take a class I would look for a reputable company. You know that there are reputable because they will represent themselves as classes not agencies. Good luck