Seattle Coffee Direct / huge scam!!

1 990 grove st, suite 204Evanston, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-424-0954

This company has gone to such lengths to scam people that the name of the 'actual company' listed by the website is false. For anyone who has been scammed by Seattle Coffee Direct, their real phone number is:[protected]. I would suggest that everyone who reads this immediately call and cancel the "order" you didn't agree to and send a formal complaint not only to the BBB but also to the attorney general of Illinois. Its 100% free (unlike their crappy coffee) and hopefully if enough people do this, these people will be stopped permanantly!!! The "$ 5 no obligation" offer is so much crap that its not even funny, within 2 weeks of the initial order ( the $5 one that is ) i received more coffee than any human could drink and was charged every week for $39 every time!!

Be

Comments

• Re
      1st of Apr, 2009

Dear Beth,

I apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our company, Seattle Coffee Direct. Seattle Coffee Direct, like many businesses, is owned by a larger parent company with a different name. The name on the web site, however, is correct for the monthly coffee service we provide. Dissatisfied customers are best served by calling customer service at 888-217-CAFE, where representatives are on hand to answer any questions, and modify or discontinue memberships. The 847 number you provided will most likely reach employees lacking these capabilities. If you have any further concerns, please call 888-217-CAFE. You can also check out the details and terms of our offer at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Sincerely,
    Rebecca Ramirez
    Director of Customer Service
    customersupport@seattlecoffeedirect.com

• Fr
      20th of Oct, 2009

it would appear to me that the mother co, Peel Inc and all its secondary companies are engaging in the same bad business practices. Certainly there is a pending class action suit. Or one forming? any information? and no, Your customer service # is always closed.

• Sn
      5th of Nov, 2009

Please see my post, help me and others like us fight these people!

• El
      11th of Jul, 2010

I, too, got scammed for over $200 of unsolicited coffee. I only ordered the promotional "2 for 5". the next thing i discovered, my bank was being charged 38.95 per 2 bags and coming every other week? I was able to stop it after several weeks and only to be promised refund in 60 days after verifying returns? this was in early of last year. After numerous phones calls and emails, in October 09, again, I was promised refund in 60 days. nothing came. I emailed again in 2/28/10, so far no response and now all thelephone numbers are disconnected?

I think WE ALL NEED TO NOW REQUEST THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY TO GE INVOLVED TO STOP THIS SCAM ARTIST. I cant be imagine how the employees involved can sleep at night, let alone gobble food on their table knowing where it came from?

LOUELLA (CALIFORNIA)