Seagate / External hard drive

1 McAllen, TX, United States Review updated:

I bought external hard drive at xmas for my son that broke within 2 days bought another one with extended warranty from WaLMART.

After 3 months the cord fell inside the drive called Walmart they said send it to Seagate, mailed that in got an email today saying no receipt so I called now the seal is broken was not when I sent it. and they are sending it back unrepaired (RMA # [protected]).

All I got was a bunch of excuses from them now Walmart will not cover it either so I MIGHT AS WELL BURNED THE $170.00 i SPENT.

Va

Comments

• Dh
      16th of Aug, 2008

I HAD PURCHASED A LAPTOP HARD DISK DRIVE - THE SR. NO BEING 5PR4V53A - 80 GB ON 27/6/2007 WITH A CASE OF ZIPPY.

THE SAME WAS STOLEN BY SOME ONE ON 28/6/2008. THIS IS TO REQUEST YOU IF THE SAME HARD DISK COMES TO YOU FOR REPAIRS OR INSTALLATION OR MAINTENANCE - PLS LET ME KNOW.

IT IS IMPORTANT

• Fu
      15th of Jan, 2010

THey initially denied my warranty due to cosmetic flaws on case because I tried unsucessfully to open it. They will latch onto a slight flaw to a $5 plastic case part to get out of replacing a bad 1.5 TB drive? I re-submitted w/ photos. The thing looks perfect and I feel very cheated by this company. I'll see if they stay the course of screwing me over.