Sceptre Inc. / my tv went black

Apr 23, 2015
Marlene Williams
1905 east somerset street
Phone: 2156175805
Hi, my name is marlene williams 1905 east somerset street, philadelphia, pa, 19134. I purchase a sceptre 32" class lcd 1080p 60hz hdtv, x325bv-fhd flat screen tv during the month of may in 2012. it is now april 2015. on the morning of april 16, 2015. I awoke and pushed my tv remote power button on. to my surprise my tv was black. the only thing that came on was the blue indicator light on the tv. the power indicator light now stays on and will not turn off, besides not seeing a picture blew my mind there was no misuse of my tv, only normall use since the day I purchased it. I have no tv to watch for 8 days now. today is april 23, 2015. I am truly upset about the situation. so I decided to do some research on this sceptre tv. I found that this particular model have had complaints of this same problem. I do have proof of purchase and photos of the tv. I would like to be reinbursed for my tv so I can buy a new one if possible. please take this complaint into consideration. I pray that you find favor in your heart to reinburse me for my purchase. thank you for taking the time out to read this. it is much appreciated. my phone number is [protected]. god bless!!

Sceptre Inc.

N  2nd of Jan, 2016 by
I have the same TV as Marlene Williams. The Sceptre 32 inch Model X325BV-FHD. I also have the same problem. "Lucky" that the problem happened within the 1 year warranty. I emailed them and they sent a prepaid shipping label. They replaced my TV with the exact same model...WITH THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! This time it's out of warranty. They now respond to all my requests with "Your warranty has expired and there is nothing we can do." I asked for a schematic because I know it's a power supply problem. (A google search confirms this). I asked for the "reset sequence" (Push 'power' button while unplugging...push the bottom two buttons together...something like that) and I don't even get a response now.

If you to a search, there is are companies (LCD Alternatives is one) that sell a capacitor repair kits for Sceptre TV's. And Ebay has replacement power supply boards for some Septre TV's.

The power supply board model number for my TV and Marlene Williams TV is PC150P-4C And there are kits to fix it yourself or boards to replace the whole board.

Sceptre uses the cheapest junk parts to make a cheap junk TV
A  2nd of Jun, 2016 by
I had the exact issue with mine. Except I had mine for about 6 months when it went out. I contacted the company and they told me a few things to do and so I did those things and when they didn't work they told me too bad they couldn't help me. So I spent all the extra money I had and was left without a tv. I won't purchase anything from them again. I also purchased mine around the same time you did from the same store but in a different state.

Sceptre Logo Sceptre