Saxon Mortgage Services / Predatory services!

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-594-8422

I wish I had checked these guys out before I got mixed up with them. What Dirt Bags! Judging from what I've read it looks like I have a long battle on my hands (mine has just begun). If anyone is doing a class action count me in. from what I've read they have already been sued by Illinois and lost, but I was a little late to the party. From what else I have read they will not work with the housing councilors as well. It is a estimate to their slimy kind that none of their attorneys have logged on hear to rebut. I would guess that I can kiss my 40K equity good-bye! If I end up losing they better not dare come to me for more! They would have already taken the 40K. I have the house up for sale, but after these other stories it sounds like they won't let me sell it. Don't I still have the right to sell my home, or have these a**es taken that from me too? I'll post as things heat up.

Va

Comments

Rh
  3rd of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

If you are having serious problems with Saxon Mortgage Services, please contact Attorney Derrick Howard @ Derrickhowardesq@aim.com or you may call him at 215-545-0422.

I am trying to get multiple consumers together to file a suit against Saxon. What they are doing to people is outrageous and unjust! There is already 20+ people looking to suit, we only need a few more!

Af
  5th of Mar, 2008

I know 15 people in florida that are having serious problems with saxon pls count me in with any class action i will call that attorney asap.

Do
  7th of Mar, 2008

We feel the same way, We sent paper to them and they lost it 2 times, we had to fax a 3rd time. They haven't contacted us nor tried to work out anything to help us with this arm loan. We want to be included in this law suit. Please email us with anymore information. Thank you Don.

Pe
  11th of Mar, 2008

We paid off our mortgage through a refinance. Yet, Saxon still made two attempts to take our money, costing us $400+ in NSF fees. They have our money now, and are requiring us to jump through hoops to get our own money back. In the meantime, my money sits in their account earning interest. That money belongs to me. There incomprehensibly rude customer disservice reps tell us alternating stories depending on who answers the phone. They can't overnight us a check. They CAN overnight us a check. Which is it?

On several occasions, when we were making a payment in the nick of time to avoid a 30 day late, they refused our payment unless we told them exactly when the next payment was to be made. We were thus late, which they reported to the credit bureaus. This negatively affected our ability to refinance our loan. How can they refuse legal tender for payment on a debt? These people also felt it necessary to lecture me and my wife on our personal finances. Who the hell do they think they are? That is none of their business. They obviously did not consider us as "customers" any more than the local mafia don considers the small store owner to whom he loaned money a customer either.

I am definitely interested in being involved in a class action law suit. I have contacted the above attorney via email.

Ro
  14th of Mar, 2008

My mortgage was sold to Saxon Mortgage Co. approx. 1 year ago. I have made my monthly payments as split payments since that time. For 7 months my payments 1/2 on the 1st and 1/2 on the 15th, were correctly applied, then on the 8th month one of my payments was applied as a principal reduction. I have been arguing w/ Saxon for a couple months now that it needs to be reversed. They refuse to do so, refuse to resond, only response I get is to call customer service again, go through the whole emotionally draining story and have them tell me the same thing, "this is more than 30 days old and we can not reverse the principal reduction to satisfy your monthly payment.". I have continued to make my required monthly payment and they have continued to take 1/2 and apply it towards the previous month and are reporting me as 30 days late consistantly which has ruined my credit. I have faxed letters w/ statements from my bank showing the checks issued via my billpayer that satisfy each monthly payment, but I get nothing from them. They just tell me I have to come up with another payment, sorry about your luck. I call this month to do a one time, obviously not doing anymore split payments, and they will not accept my payment because of this discrepancy. I have to either make that extra payment that they accidentally applied to principal along w/ this months payment or they will not accept a payment from me.
I am at a loss as to what to do. I told them that I would gladly pay and extra payment if I had it, it would be much easier than going through this torture with them, but I am a single mother, single income and can not afford an extra mortgage payment. I even offered to make payments split across a couple months to repay what I have already paid and they are asking for again but they said they will continue to report me late to the credit bureau's if I choose that option.
What do I do?

Su
  19th of Mar, 2008

I have been trying to sell my house in Florida for over a year. I have brought at least 4 buyers to the table and Saxon does not respond. No phone call, no email, no letter..nothing. The buyers end up walking after waiting months for a response and the value of the property drops by the minute. The first offer was a cash buyer who would have paid more than the house is worth today. I call everyday and get dumped into voicemail. When I do manage to get a human, they tell me their supervisor will send an email to escalate. (got that one a few times) Running out of time before foreclosure! If this goes into foreclosure...it's their fault, I have done everything I could on my end to sell this place!

Count me in!

Mi
  31st of Mar, 2008

I have called Saxon almost 20 or more times and got no where. Tell told me I was approved for the modification and just waiting for the paperwork. I never received either or a call back. I call everyday and each person I talk to tell me something different. Please email me to discuss this issue I want to sue NOW.

Cr
  6th of Apr, 2008

I'm am very nervous as I am inches from being totally late on our mortgage and I can't sink anymore money into this house after having paid 9.15 on the 1st and 10.87 on the 2nd for a 320.00 loan that turned into almost $ 30, 000 in interest only on our loan last year and a sad $1, 200 hundred on principal and now we are struck in this horrible loan without an option to refinace out and we're trying to selling it but the market is so horrible right now it makes me so mad that we're in this mess because of a couple dirt bags and one extreme predatory lending scam. Negotiations are starting but I can't even find someone who can help me out as to who to talk too. I keep calling to find out who is assigned to my case and they can't help me and they haven't even located what I sent. I don't have very much time and now i know they're a horrible company!!! Our process is just starting but please keep me in on the loop of a class-action law suit. I'm sure it's going to be a long bumpy road. At least I know now not to have high hopes when dealing with them, saves me at least that much less stress. Thanks crystal

Br
  11th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

This company is a bunch of dirtbags!

Ta
  11th of Apr, 2008

avery person on this complain board call derrick howard 215-545-0422 we need to get a class act this cant go on any-longer

Ma
  16th of Apr, 2008

I have sent out fax's, wrote several letters to Saxon, called. I sent out a number of paperwork to them via fax for modification on loan.
$1551.60 monthly as of 03/01/08. 08/06/04 the payment was $959.60, that changed to $978.74 six month later on03/07/05.
$1190.51 on 06/02/06. On 12/08/06 - $1270.67. On 06/15/07
$1340.86. Today on 03/01/08 monthly payment reached $1551.60. waiting for answer on the modification I sent out on 04/011/08. fax's all of my paperwork to Saxon via fax from ERA realtor office.

Yes! I em interested in class action suit if there is a suit. Include me on the attorney's lawsuit against Saxon Mortgage. I know in a conference call - Morgan Stanley(Saxon mortgage), once the "King of Subprime" has left the building. the shutdown was leaked. Saxon has
exited third party originations". They eliminated 1000 jobs as it scales back it's U.S. resident mortgage operations and closed its British residential mortgage lending business.

Br
  18th of Apr, 2008

Wow.

I am speechless reading all of these stories, as my wife and I are in the same situation. Saxon took over our mortgage from Novastar about a year ago. We were having some financial difficulties and became delinquent on our mortgage, so we decided to call Saxon and they were more than happy to help us. We thought we had finally found a company that would work with us.

We got off to a good start after speaking to a loan counselor at Saxon, who agreed to set up a payment plan for us. We received the paperwork in the mail and proceeded to make our first payment. I sent two checks certified mail, and received the signatures via the post office online. We were finally making progress.

Two weeks passed and we received a letter in the mail from Saxon stating that they were proceeding with foreclosure as they had not received any payments from us. I just about went through the roof.

To make a long story short, we actually spoke to someone at Saxon who claimed to be a supervisor, stating that no money had been received. That was the last communication we have had with Saxon. They will not answer phone calls, emails, or faxes. We decided to do some research on our end and found out that they DID get our check AND deposited it!!!

So now we continue to lose ground as we fall further behind on our payments. They sent our second check back because of the allegations surrounding the first check. We have nowhere to turn.

I have emailed the attorney mentioned above. I just hope he is legit.

Regards,
Bryan

Da
  18th of Apr, 2008

I HAD AN OCCAISION TO CALL SAXON CUSTOMER SERVICE TODAY.
AFTER TWO ROUNDS THROUGH THE VOICE MAIL MENUS I HIT O, O, O, O, O, O, WHICH MUCKED UP THE ANSWERING SYSTEM AND GAVE ME TO AN AGENT.

IF YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLES WITH THEM...TRY THE O BUTTON OVER AND OVER...IT WORKS.

DAN

Ni
  28th of Apr, 2008

I too am suprised at all of the grief that consumers are receiving from saxon morgage.

I am a realtor and we all know what this market has done to our pockets. I let them know i was having financial difficulties and would like to seek a loan modification on my interest rate. I was told that my loan had to me at least 4 months behind for the modification dept to modify my interest rate. at 4 months i was told that the information that i had been given was incorrect and I needed to come up with 30k in order to stop my home from forclosing within 10days. I was told tht the interest rate that i have on my first would never have been lowered because they don't go below my current rate of 8%. Luckily I had sold a home and recieved the cash just in time or i would have been on the street. I have since then had other modifications done through M&T bank (a wonderful company) for another propertie and have dealt with country wide as well. Saxxon by far has not sent me a modification package, or emailed it as they have stated they would. I am now falling behind again and am not able to get them to lowered the rate through a modification. Please count me with the class action law suite. I have call the law office and left a message already.

De
  2nd of May, 2008

i to have been scammed saxon my loan papers were fordged embezzelement wire fraud over appraisal by 60% i could go on i have many many documents also on other loans that they purchased from pinnfund usa which was involved in a 300.000.00 million dollar ponzi scam in 2000 i will be glad to to do what ever i can to help and i will be giving derrick howard a call because he definately needs the papers that i have it will strenthen his case very much. signed dewey tomblin email at deweytomblin@gmail.com

Na
  3rd of May, 2008

i always paid my mortage payment on time . got behinde one month my payments almost doubled . i filled bankruptcy and they already had some late charges on me that i do not know where tyey came from.they would not accept a monthly paymemt nor will they reaffrim. i dont know who saxon mortage mortage is because my mortage got sold but these people are not in any way to be consumer friendly.

Cy
  18th of May, 2008

We are also victims of thr great saxon fight. many of these stories sound like ours, tried over and over to work out the situation with saxon have now been forced onto foreclosure. have interested buyers, but saxon is holding us up. this has been a 1 year long process yes please include me in any action against this moneysucking company. thanks for the leads to the lawyer. good luck to us all

Do
  22nd of May, 2008

May 2008

My mortgage was also bought out by Saxon Mortgage from New Century a few years ago. How I found this out was I received a mortgage payment required by New Century one day and a day later Saxon Mortgage sent me one also. So of course I called New Century and asked them what was going on they told me they sold my contract to Saxon.

While I had them on the phone still I checked in my contracts and it stated that they were to notify me within 15 days of the sale and the company who bought the contract were also to notify me with in the 15 days of the sale. Of course neither one did. To this day I never received anything from New Century and I received a letter from Saxon a month and half later that they hold my contract and make my payments to them.

I called and asked them why I was not notified of the sale and them taking over my contract with the 15 days of the sale they told me they had 30 days I told the person on the other end of the phone that was not true.

I contracted several people and they told me that when you buy a contract from another company that you are binding to that same contract. This is only one of the many things I have been through with this company and I am ready to sue. I am tired of dealing with idots who work in a call center. I got wise from day one I started taking names, recording dates and times of the people I talked with, but I will bet they no longer work there.

Two years ago I asked them to add in a escrow so my taxes would get paid. They did that in January of 2005 and did not increase my payments to cover the escrow until October. I received a letter from them informing me 2 weeks before my payment was due that it had been raised to cover the escrow and that I was a negative $2000 dollars because I owed for the escrow since January 2005 to October 2005. I flipped out then and believe you me I was not lady like. I have a temper and it gets worse if they hung up on me.

Then I get a letter from the local tax office saying my property tax has not been paid. This was another problem. I called Saxon and talked to another person at their call center and I was told I would have to contact their tax office that can't help me. So I told them to transfer me over and of course I got disconnected. Finally when I did to the tax office they are insisting that they paid the taxes when they didn't I paid the two smaller taxes myself but I couldn't pay the school tax which was $1000. They told me the tax office was wrong. I also told them where is my refund if you paid all the taxes considering I had already paid the other two. Oh we put that into your account ya right I'll believe that when hell freeze over. So I told the idot at their tax office I want copies of all the checks you sent well that will take a while ya right I told them I wanted them with in a week. I keep calling every time a week by. I finally received 6 months later. Then in Jan. 2006 I had to have my son make a loan for me so I could get that darn escrow caught up another payment I couldn't afford. While I was working with one part of the company about that another department put my house up for foreclouser. I flip out on the lady who they asigned my case. And still getting the run around from her also. Then I told her I will not only sue Saxon but I will also file a lawsuit against her personally and take everything she owns and not give a darn if she had a family.

Now my mortgage keeps going up every month they keeping adding some other fee.

So am ready to go with anyone who wants to do a class action suit as long as it doesn't cost me my house but will actually get a large enough settlement and the deed to my house so they come back at me after we would win the lawsuit.

count me in by Donna

Ji
  24th of May, 2008

I have made my payments and Saxon is screwing me. My loan was sold to Novastar in November 07. I made my payments each month but they were never applied but kept in the "suspense balance". Of course I got the phone calls all the time and even letters in the mail. I kept calling and they said they would fix the problem and this would never hit my credit score. As of May 1st 08 it was reported to the credit bureau. So even though I am current and paying on time they are putting the screws to me. I am trying to get a re score but it cost 180.00 dollars and Saxon will not reimburse me so I will have to wait the 60 days before it is re scored. Please let me know who and what I need to do to be included in a lawsuit against them.

Be
  11th of Jun, 2008

First, send all of your payments and correspondence by FAX and by priority mail. That way, you know your payments are received within two business days, you can track it on line, and print out the tracking history on line.

Every contact should be by a "Qualified Written Request." (QWR) Do not send PAYMENTS with QWR's. They must be in separate communications. You can find details about this under the HUD website for RESPA. The company must respond that they have received your QWR and make resolution (or attempt it) within a reasonable timeframe.

Review your mortgage contract very carefully for this is the binding agreement.

Document everyone contact, keeping time you called, how long you were on hold, and result.

Check the web for a number to bypass the main number because the people in customer service are "scripted" and trained to ignore you.

I, too, have a horror story. I am sharing what has helped me in dealing with this unscrupulous company!!!

If you write me, let me know what state you're from so we can sue.