Sasa.com / bad service

Imagine this:

- You order a pizza; the estimated delivery time is 30 minutes

- You wait and wait; it's past 1 hour now so you call up and make enquiries

- Customer support tells you to continue waiting while they take no action

- You wait and wait; nearly 2 hours now. Customer support says hmm I can check but will take me another couple of hours

- You are later informed that ooops, somehow the pizza didn't make it to your place. You now have the following options

a) They can send your pizza again but there's an additional delivery charge, or

b) You can cancel the order but they will charge you an administrative fee for doing that

Great, huh? You end up hungry and yet are expected to pay extra moolah.

That's exactly what happens when you place an order at sasa.com. Pray hard nothing happens to your shipment because if by some strange twist of fate(no fault of your own!!!) you don't receive your order, you will be asked to pay for delivery again, or they can give you a refund AFTER withholding 15% of your total order amount as "restocking fee".

Sending emails to them is like talking to a brick wall. Or rather, like knocking your head against one. I asked for a proper explanation and all I got was a long, standard, email that either the address was wrong (it sure well ain't) or I have refused to pay taxes (wrong again) or I have, haha, simply refused to accept the parcel. I got the same reply about 5 times, for every email I sent demanding an explanation that makes sense. That's too much to ask for it seems.

I have had hassle-free dealings with this company before but this irritating episode will be my last.

Gi

Comments

6th of Jan, 2009

Previously, I had thought that they offered good service to customers and was satisfied with all the products I bought from them.

However, when I tried to order some more, I couldn't find what I usually buy and it seems they have just taken it off their website. I emailed them thinking I'd get a quick response, like they have claimed in their "thank you for emailing us, we will get back to you asap..blah blah blah" but no response. I sent another. Same again.

I thought ok. I clicked to purchase one item and the shipping cost was something like £12.50 or more compared to what it used to be which was £3!!!

I planned on emailing them again until I saw this page.

Now I have to find another site to purchase stuff...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Et
      9th of Oct, 2010

You better THINK HARD before you buy anything fom this website. They are TERRIBLE.
    The processing took too dam long, and they will not give you a refund. They ignored you email etc.
    I wish I could report them. Don't let the cheap whatever price on thier products fools you. I heard a lot of ppl
    go through the crappy service some didn't get their package.

• Tp
      16th of Dec, 2010

Agree. Extremely bad service. And he prices are not cheap at all. I wish i would have seen your complaint before place an order with them. Now that i wait 3 weeks from the day i odered my package and til now i still got nothing from the damn website. Seems like i'm losing my money for some fcking jerks.

• Da
      16th of Dec, 2012

HAHA! that's funny because it's true.
    never got my package because the delivery was unsuccessful. probably because I wasn't at home at the time (some people do have jobs and go to uni and don't spend their day at home waiting for the postman). problem is that:
    1) sasa.com doesn't inform you that you have to be home to receive the parcel personally
    2) sasa.com doesn't notify you on which day or time they will ship your order (YAY for staying home all day long for almost a month!)
    3) they don't notify you, that the delivery was shipped unsuccessfully. I had to track my parcel down with the HK Parcel tracking service and found out.
    4) sasa.com ships back my parcel to Hong Kong without even leaving a note in my mailbox (was it even there?)
    5) i have to pay a restocking fee.
    6) if I want sasa.com to send me my order again, I have to pay an additional shipping fee.
    7) the Brick Wall doesn't care..

• Ba
      3rd of Oct, 2013

At first I thought sasa was good but then when I went to the store, I wanted to buy the loreal foundation but one of the sale assistant said I shouldn't buy that and recommended me another brand saying that it suits my skin better and it's cheaper but in fact it was $8.50 more expensive and I thought it was fine because maybe that really is better for my skin but later when I was at the cashier, I found out that I had own that brand before and I didn't like it.So I didn't want to buy it anymore, although before I was paying my items, I was hesitant to buy the product, she forced me to.When I went home, I found out not only was the loreal foundation cheaper but it had 300ml more liquid foundation and I thought I should have stubbornly told the shop assistant that I do not want it.This happened a lot of times already, the staff always tries to get you to buy the more expensive item that has lesser product so you will use it faster and then you have to go back and get more. Don't you think customers have the right to choose what product they want? And you as a shop assistant shouldn't just try to "introduce" products to earn more money.

• Va
      27th of Apr, 2014

I am also having the same problem with SASA. There was problems with the delivery (which was all about DHL's issues not mine) and then SASA recalled my package. Since then I have been trying to follow up my order and am getting increasingly frustrated and angry.

I have been getting stock standard replies back and it appears I'm going to have to forfeit over $50 US. Their customer service is horrific, they have created massive inconvenience for me and then they are going to charge me?!?

I would like to know who I can complain to. I will NEVER use their website again and will be sure to inform others.