Sagemont School Weston, FL / Horrible Staff

Weston, United States Review updated:
As a parent of a child in Sagemont School, I am appalled at the pandering and special treatment 'some' students receive.
This school puts money before everything. The teachers are not only mean, but also nasty to students who are not 'favored'. Complaints to the administration go unheeded.
The teachers and aides mete out ridiculous punishments and have even PINCHED some kids they don't like.
The Goldmans are snively, lying people. Beware this school.
Sa

Comments

Yv
  18th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -4 Votes
If you feel this way, why is your child still a student at Sagemont? I've had two children at Sagemont for 4 years and have graduated from there. Both children have done nothing but thrive and matured while being at Sagemont, thanks to the wonderful and caring staff. And they did NOT receive any special treatment. Parents who do not accept their child's misgivings and think they have 'perfect' children are not doing their children any justice.
Ma
  6th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
I have 2 kids in Sagemont since 1st grade.. ( 6 years allready ).. They are happy and Thriving, they are involved with community activities and all sorts of sports and drama and competitions with other schools. Sagemont is our entire reason for even living in Weston. I cant imagine a better school. The staff is wonderful. I find it hard to understand anyone with a complaint like the one i read above. Above all my kids are doing great, have a wonderful set of friends and love their teachers.. I could not ask for anything more.
Mi
  4th of Jun, 2010
Best Best Advice Agree Disagree +4 Votes
My child attended Sagemont's lower campus as a straight-A student this year but will not return next year. Indeed most teachers are wonderful; however some others need urgent help on how to cope with a more diverse group of children. If you decide to join the school, be advised of collective punishments. If one child goes out of line during lunch time or class for example, ALL of them get punished with shorter recess time and other silly rules. Not a big deal for most children, but straight-A kids have a hard time accepting this. Also, if you ever need to complain about anything, get ready for some serious patronizing from the leadership team. All in all, this is a good private school with the best of intentions from the owners. It has the potential to be a gem as reported in other reviews, but a small refresh/cleanup in the staff is overdue in my opinion. In summary, as in any other school your child can get lucky and never cross the path of some less experienced teachers in specific grades (and from these parents all you see is rightful 5 star reviews), or, get stuck with a minority of less capable educators and have a hard time. The latter will grant the school a 2 1/2 star or less review, which is a shame because they could very easily make everyone happy with minor modifications.
Di
  13th of Jun, 2011
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
We registered our daughter in Segemont Summer school in Summer of 2010. She passed from 4th grade to 5th grade. She needed some extra work in reading and math. And we thought that Segemont program will help her. After the program finished, she learned nothing, not even one new word, she learned nothing new in math. After the 2nd week we learned that in her class students from 3rde and 4th classes. And the program is more like babysitting. We were very disappointed with the school, and never delivered what they promised, we west our Summer time and our money. I will never send my kids to this school, and do not recommend it to any family. We felt like we were cheated.