Safestyle UK / Awful customer service

United States Review updated:

I had a number quotes and numerous phone calls from members of the safesyle windows team, they all claimed that they could better each others prices due to them being from certain regions of the uk and being a head office. After a week of non stop phone calls from this company i agreed that they should send somebody out to give us a quote, bearing in mind we had already had one over the phone. When this guy turned up, he claimed that he could not match the quote i had been given over the phone, but that was not before he tried the old "let me ring my manager to see if we can get a better price" phone call, so who's manager is still at work at 8.30pm, anyway he did, and then told me me that we should take the offer given over the phone. Literally five minutes after this guy left i recieved another phone call from there head office giving me another price, which for me was to good to turn down so i agreed on that price and they said they would send some body out to do the measurements, so with in the next few days i had a phone call from a regional manager claiming he would be at my house to take measurements, this same guy rang me 3 times to state that fact. When i did answer the door it was a young lad who worked for the company and not the so called regional manager who had turned up. He took the measurements, i signed a contract agreeing on a price and i paid a small deposit on the day. I was then told that a surveyor would come out to take final measurments. This happened a few days later, the guy turned up and did as expected, although he did make small slight damaage to a window, but that did not bother me as i was expecting a new one to replace it. Before he left he told me to leave it a few days and then ring to confirm an installation date. So after the weekend i rang safestyle to find out when the installation date would be, to my amazement they claimed i had been undercharged by 700 pounds and that i should pay that amount if i wanted the work to be carried out. I explained i had a signed agreement and guy on the phone basically said that counted for nothing. He later went onto tell me that the person who had given me the quote over the phone had been sacked and no longer worked for the company. Which i know is a lie, because on doing further research on the internet on this company i have found that this is a regular scam that they pull. Please check [www.grumbletext.co.uk] (link: http://www.grumbletext.co.uk/) for similar situations. I was so disgusted with the situation i rang up wanting to speak to senior member of the management team, i rang no less that 10 times within a period of 3 days, each time i was told that somebody would ring me back. This comnpany is a disgrace, i am supprised after all the press that they have they still continue to treat potential customer in an appaling manner.

Gr

Comments

• Ge
      Apr 13, 2009
    Safestyle Windows - Bad service
    Safestyle Windows

I had safestyle uk to fit all my windows and doors at a cost of.

Nov 16, 2009

We did not like the sales talk from there reps very pushy

• La
      Jan 30, 2016

Hello, they have recently tried pulling this scam on me. I refused to pay a penny more, after signing the contract and on the phone they said they could not go ahead with the windows and would return my small deposit. However, I am still waiting for the refund. Did you have any problems getting your refund?