Ruth's Chris Steak House — food standard: tulsa, ok
TULSA, OK - RIVER SPIRIT CASINO
Our party of 6 visited Ruth's Chris on 11/25/17 at 7:30 to celebrate a birthday and a fabulous night out with NO young children! We arrived on time and were promptly seated by the hostess who mentioned that we had a birthday celebration in our party. The dining room was not busy for a Saturday night, which was surprising because we had tried to make reservations on-line, only to see that no tables were available for any of the times we selected. (We ended up calling the restaurant directly and made a reservation with out any problem.)
We ordered cocktails and placed our order. Our waiter was attentive and answered all of our questions. Everyone ordered the wedge salad and all of us had to request extra dressing. The main course arrived and he asked if we needed anything else. He didn't ask us to cut into our steaks to see if they were cooked to our liking as I have experienced at other high-end steak restaurants. The sides we ordered: mashed potatoes - bland and dry, mushrooms - ok..., and asparagus - over cooked and very thin. I pointed out the asparagus to our waiter and he replied, "Yes, they do look a little over done. Ill get that taken care of".
One of us had ordered the filet cooked medium rare. When it arrived it honestly looked like a poached salisbury steak - absolutely NO sear. We all encouraged him to point this out to our waiter, but he didn't want to wait while we all were eating, and we would have felt rude eating while he waited. We were all a bit disappointed in the appearance (not as thick as expected) and the flavor of our steaks. It was defiantly NOT up to the standard of what I thought a Ruth's Chris steak should be.
Overall our experience was dissatisfactory. The food was not up to par and the birthday wasn't celebrated - far from the special evening we expected. We left feeling we had spent a lot of money for an average meal that we could have anywhere. The next opportunity we have to go out for an amazing steak, we will consider other options before returning.
Thank you for your time,
More Ruth's Chris Steak House Complaints & Reviews
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - service /racist 
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - bad services and no refund 
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - racially biased customer service
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - negative racial atmosphere 
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - 30 years plus of loyalty disrespectful manager 
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - steak, management.
- [Resolved] Ruth's Chris Steak House - host and my treatment
- [Resolved] Ruth's Chris Steak House - food
- Ruth Chris Steakhouse - food
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - ruth chris puerto rico - 5961 ave isla verde, carolina, pr 00979, united states