Roxio / Creator Suite 10 / Bad customer service!

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased Easy Medid Creator 10. I should have just given them my money! As a teacher in Middle School and community college with two Master of Science degrees in education, there is NOTHING easy with Easy Media. I am having difficulty burning video to DVD. I have read the User Guide and it's clear as mud. Contacted customer support and my four-year-old daughter would have more patience with my situation. Going back to Nero where I have had the best results.
Hey Roxio, the definition of insanity is, "Repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results!"

Comments

• St
      7th of May, 2009

The problem is that Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 does not work. But neither have other recent versions. Version 8 caused my computer to stop working and I needed to reinstall Windows after that. Roxio tech support is telling me to do the same procedures to make Creator 10 work that caused total disaster with version 8. It took a computer magazine 6 months to get Roxio to even give me a refund for version 8. Now with version 10, I was first unable to get the PhotoSuite program to work. I had to download two seperate 700 MB files to install the 10.1 version...designed to fix nothing that Roxio would admit. Now I can't create a dvd slide show. They are telling me it's because Norton was already installed when I installed Roxio. If that's the case, why was I able to create slide shows for a while and now can't...with Norton installed the entire time. They expect me to start Windows Vista in safe mode, uninstall Roxio and Sonic from the control panel and THEN edit the registry to be remove the Roxio and Sonic folders there. Why doesn't their uninstaller remove those folders if it's appropriate? Then they want me to use a special cleanup tool downloaded from Roxio to remove any other traces of Roxio/Sonic. Only then, with Norton turned off, can I reinstall the program. From past experience, if I run their cleanup tool, I'll never get to the point where I am able to reinstall Creator 10. I think I'm going to pass on this entire project.
    During the time between Creator 8 and 10, I used Nero software. This too poses problems as the lack of documentation and the complexity of the interface and the multitude of programs made it barely usable. So far I see no alternative to Roxio. Perhaps researching programs available for the specific tasks I want to do and buying them as needed would be a better all around solution than a package of programs like Creator or Nero.