Roxio / Fraud alert

In spite of my previous bad experience with another Roxio product, I decided to try this software for creating DVDs. When I tried to use the application after installation, I received a message telling me that my monitor did not meet the minimum requirements for the software, then the software quit. As it happens, my monitor exceeds the software's requirements. Roxio provides three support options for users: one is to file a "help ticket" online, another is to use a FAQ file, and the third one is to chat online with a "support technician." I filed the "help ticket" and then tried to chat to an "expert." The first consultant told me to reset the resolution downward, which sounded silly considering that the problem (?) was that the monitor already did not meet the minimum requirements. Then I was instructed to look for a file and reset its values. That did not work. By the time I came back to the chat to tell the consultant it had not solved the problem, the chat sessoin had been terminated. I contacted another technician to chat with, who told me once more to reset the resolution. I told him it did not work before, plus I added what I had tried from the previous chatting session. He advised me to reset the video hardware acceleration panel. As it turns out, that panel provides sliders to reset, but only for computers that are using more than one monitor simultaneously--I wasn't. By the time I returned to tell the consultant it had not worked, guess what? The chat session was again out. On the third try, after explaning what I had tried, I was not given any other choices: I was told to file a help ticket. Therefore, software I bought because I needed to use for a project due in two days, does not work and I have no way of contacting the manufacturer except through its useless options. Worse yet, I bought the software at a retail store that does not allow return of software once the seal on the box is removed. I wish I could write here about whether the application works as intended or what its features are in comparison to similar products, such as Ulead and Microsoft. Alas, I probably will never know. I intend to go back to the store and purchase Ulead's equivalent product.

An

Comments

• Za
      9th of Mar, 2009
    Roxio - Thiefs
    Roxio

There's a surprise $69.99 charge from this company on my credit card statement. I did buy a software product from them months ago. I have no idea what this charge is for. In other words, they got my credit card number and stole from me.

• Mi
      8th of Aug, 2010
    Roxio - Terrible service
    Roxio

This company will not service their products even after suggesting an update to a newer product they said would solve a product problem, been trying for months now won't even respond and problem still exists. Terrible service.

• Gr
      6th of Nov, 2010
    Roxio - Bad product
    ROXIO
    New York

i have brought their software from staple and its would not load itself into computer giving me disc errors returnd it and their cs sucks i, ll never buy roxio ever again staples only allowed two returns then refunded my money i thank staples for being an honest mrechant but they should drop roxio products

• Rs
      14th of Mar, 2015

I also discovered today that there is an annual renewal thing of sorts to keep the editing tools working? Mine have been acting up for some time and just quit working today! A short on-line search found a person looking to begin a class action law suite against the company but my year old email and password no longer work to enter the chat room for Roxio user's to trade talk and tips?? Interesting situation if I am the only one to think so.
    My personal plan it to let the corporate office realize the business they are loosing as it is time to update my word processing program to windows 8 now and I guess their's is not joining me on this new platform. I'll scrape the extra money for MS Office even though I was not happy with the line in their license saying i could not use them for my own profit?? My words and they have owner ship? I guess if I ever become an author I'll just have to do it with pencil and paper! That profit line may only exist in the free version of WORD.