Rosetta Stone / Fraudulant Product

1 United States

Don't buy Rosetta Stone off the internet. In fact, be wary of purchasing it anywhere. You might be purchasing a pirated copy and not be able to tell and be left holding the bag. Purchased full Rosetta Stone version 3 set off the internet. I had gone to the official site for the company. Did a research on "sales" from the official site. This took me to the sales page where I found the set I purchased. After making the purchase, I found out that the product was coming from China via the email confirming the purchase. The email said it was coming from the Company of Rosetta Stone. I did not like this, but it was too late to stop the purchase. When the product arrived, I did the download and there were problems. So I contacted the Rosetta Stone customer service number and tech support told me that I had purchased a pirated copy. There was absolutely no way to tell prior to making the purchase. The only help I received from people at the Rosetta Stone support was to be told to call back if I had any other questions. They would do nothing to help me and refused to accept that I had ended up on the sales page through their website. They did not seemed to be surprised by my call. In fact, now I am not even sure I really was talking to someone from Rosetta Stone. Supposedly Rosetta Stone is a US Company, but I rather suspect my calls were routed to somewhere in India. Bottom line: don't buyfrom Rosetta Stone because there is no way to tell whether you are buying an approved copy.

Lk