RingCentral / Cannot cancel subscription

1 OH, United States Review updated:

When registering with Virtual Office Temps, they REQUIRE you to have Ringcentral installed in your computer for hiring. I found out that VOT is a scam in itself and wished to cancel my 30 day free trial with Ringcentral.

No one will answer the phone. I tried the live chat and waited out the queue for over 30 minutes and when it was my turn, they canceled the chat!

In my opinion these two internet companies (Virtual Office Temps and Ringcentral) are working together to scam people or they are owned by the people and are to get your money for no services rendered.

Comments

• Ti
      10th of Feb, 2009

Rfingcentral is a fraud, they are thiefs. Charged me for hour long phone calls I never made spend hours on the phone and they refused to refund my money.. Will Call FCC on them and follow a complain BBB, and Consumer affair office will accept complains too.. File coplains with all possible agenices.

• Pe
      13th of Feb, 2009

Ringcentral sucks! Stay away from this company!
    If you want to transfer a number into ringcentral, it's going to take forever, if they promise to solve the problem and call you back, do not expect they will do that.

• Ke
      17th of Jun, 2009

I tried RingCentral in November 2008. Service never worked as promised - phones would crash, voice mail/messaging worked intermittently, and phone quality deteriorated with short and longer calls. When I tried to terminate services two days ago, no one could or would tell me exactly how to do this. Phone service became particularly bad in May and I work with a sensitive client population that needs access to my office day or night. With several calls to RingCentral, half-hour on-holds (and then dropped) calls, and instructions that were incomplete and inconsistent. I finally had to have Qwest disconnect the line manually from a switchbox and terminate my credit card.

The worse phone company I have ever used in 40 years (even comparing them to the very early cell phone companies!)

• We
      11th of Sep, 2009

I have a dry cleaners and use Ringcentral for phone service. Here is my review of Ringcentral. Ringcentral is easily the worst company I have ever dealt with. Not only are they the worst phone company but hands down it does not get worse than Ringcentral.
    Their tech support is fully outsourced. They have no care for their customers and their service is filled with problems. As the reviewer of this post also mentioned. Ringcentral is the worst. Don't believe any of the good reviews of Ringcentral.
    I have used them for my own business and I am transferring to a new provider that has been working perfectly. Ringcentral means problems.

• Kr
      19th of Oct, 2009

I signed up with this company a few months back and simply have no need for their service anymore. So I took the following steps to cancel my account:
    1. logged into my online account, and clicked on the convenient "Cancel my account" link, and was immediately prompted with a message telling me I can't cancel my account through this feature for security reasons. I was told to call their support line.
    2. Called their support line, and waited about 15 minutes with no answer. I finally decided to follow the instructions given to leave a voicemail, and pressed 9. This did nothing. Tried it from a different phone. Still nothing. This feature does not work. Whether this is intentional or not... very shady.
    3. Attempted to login to their "support site" to see if there were any other ways to contact them. After clicking on the support site link, I was prompted to login again, but I could not login, even through it was supposed to work with my existing account credentials. I even tried resetting my password a few times with no luck. So either this feature is also broken, or they just want to appear to have support.

My next step is to call sales (where I was given clear instructions on when and how to get ahold of them of course), and work my way up to management in hopes of cancelling that way. Next step after that is canceling my credit card, unfortunately. I guess this is part of the risk when doing business with an online company you know nothing about...

• Mi
      6th of Jan, 2010

Beware with RingCentral Fax or calling plans and Extreme Fax is a completely rip off my credit card had been charge an unauthorized $40
    After one hour and 3 unprofessional customer services they said they claim that I did a Auto purchase of $20 because I’m off of minutes.

My cycle bill was at 8th of every month as every one can see: do you think I will authorized $40 charge for 300 minutes when in next two days I will have the 300 minutes for $7.99 anyway just beware with RingCentral Fax and calling plans and Extreme Fax.

Account Number: (305) 514-0070

Subtotal: $7.99
    Earned Credit Applied: $0.00
    Total: $7.99
    Remaining Credit: $0.00

Your credit card was charged $7.99. The charge will appear as 'RingCentral, Inc' on your credit card statement.

and they charge me twice $20 and give 300 minutes They never refund the $40 and as you can see they was trying to charge $20 for 300 minutes that is a rip off and completely illegal, the can keep the $20 and hopefully spend it in medicines. The only thing that I have to do now is to file a Complaint with federal trade commission.
    In you are looking for a better Fax services reliable and honest right me to hellofrias@yahoo.com

Florida New Homes
    Main: (305) 514-0070

Account Summary
    Service Plan: eXtreme Fax Pro, subscriber since 06/08/2009
    Included Calling Credits: $20.10 available (300 Plan minutes at 6.7¢)
    Purchased Calling Credits: $0.00 available
    (0 Plan minutes at 6.7¢)
    Set Up Auto Purchase
    International Calling: Enabled
    Regional Settings: Eastern Time (US & Canada)

eXtreme Fax Phone Numbers
    Phone Number Location Type
    Main: (305) 514-0070 Miami, FL Fax only

Add eXtreme Fax Phone Number

Copyright © 1999-2010 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved.

If you are already have a account I will suggest to cancel it before it happen to you .

Dear Florida New Homes,

Per your request your eXtreme Fax account (305) 514-0070 has been canceled. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again in the future! “in your dream “

beware with RingCentral Fax and calling plans and Extreme Fax.

• Co
      9th of Feb, 2010

We currently use Ring Central and I have to agree! They are the worst company out there! Always messing and our phone systems just reset themselves or just do something completely off the wall! Of course they say they don't do anything to make them do that but we have problems with them EVERY DAY! All they want to do is give me a free month and say we are fixing the problems! I say no, my time is money and a everyday problem is not what my company can stand!

We are now looking for another company!

• Na
      18th of Feb, 2010

We had a very poor experience with Ring Central—dropped calls, unauthorized charges to our credit card, efforts to transfer our toll free number from the current provider were slow and the responses to our inquiries on status inaccurate.

When we canceled the service, Ring Central advised that we either needed to fill out five forms to return the phones and get our money back, or pay an extra $200 if we wanted to keep the phones and use them. The phones were locked so that they were only usable through Ring Central. I think they were trying to punish us for not liking their poor service.

• Be
      28th of May, 2010

This company is CRAP! I never had anything but problems with them. After talking to their phone support and being left for an hour on the phone I understand why: their features and tech services are created in India. In other words, we pay for third world service.

• Re
      28th of May, 2010

This company is so bad I would not recommend it to my worse enemy.

The company I work for utilizes a lot of phone and fax services. We tried RING CENTRAL. This company is just awful! If you ever have the nightmare of dealing with customer support, you have to put aside at least one hour. That's the quickest help I ever got through them, and one call never solves anything.

I spent over 3 hours on calls with this company in a single day! They like to leave you just hanging on the phone too.

Their website account is full of technical problems you can't use their service. I guess they use some poor country to develop their features for them. They canceled my account prematurely when I asked to not renew it for the next billing period (I was leaving for travels and did not want to forget to cancel), which made me loose $100 in credits.

Its a complete nightmare dealing with them. I discourage anyone to waste their time with RING CENTRAL. It will be one of the most frustrating experiences you will have.

• Is
      26th of Aug, 2011

I was going to sign up with ringcentral, but couldn't go further with the registration because my (international) number wasn't accepted. Anyway, I would log into my email, and always see a new email from ringcentral encouraging me to complete my registration. A Rep even called me a few days later wanting to walk me through the registration via phone, and requesting my credit card details! Red flags everywhere eh?

• So
      19th of Oct, 2011
    RingCentral - Trail period cancellation - they continued billing!
    RingCentral
    Asheville
    North Carolina

I signed up for a 2 week trail membership and since the product did not meet my expectations I cancelled the account well within the 2 weeks. Unknown to me (because it is an account that I rately used) they continued billing the account for months!! I called and explained what happened and they said they would not give me a refund and they had no record of the cancellation. I told them I did have a record and if they checked their records they would see that the service was not used during those months. I asked Andre
    if I could speak with his supervisor and he gave me a first name -Joe - and when I asked for his last both (both Andre's and Joe) he flippantly said they did not have one.
    When I asked for the name of the company president - he said he did not know. I asked him where he was located and he told me to look it up on the internet.
    I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY BOTH FOR THE SERVICES THEY PROVIDE AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE - PERIOD!!

• Co
      1st of Aug, 2014

I spent over 4 hours on calls with this company in a single day! They like to leave you just hanging on the phone too.
    If you want to transfer a number from Ringcentral, it's going to take forever, if they promise to solve the problem and call you back, do not expect they toll me that I was under a contract and that I can not transfer my number back to AT&T I can make call with my number but when you call my number ringcentral has a message saying the ringcentral phone has been disconnected I am losing money I have own this number for ten years from starting with AT&T to C R " C R to AT&T CUSTOMER SERVICE IN PHILIPPINE /MANILA SUCKS !!!

24th of Oct, 2017

Ring Central is horrible to deal with if you want to cancel, when they finally said I was all set I insisted on a confirmation number of the cancellation and then she needed more information to get the confirmation number. If I had hung up I guarantee my account would not have been closed. Then she kept me on the phone for another 10 minutes going through "all" the steps and offered to call me back. Be prepared to be on the phone for at least half an hour when you cancel.

10th of Jul, 2018

@Christine Johnson Griggs Were you able to cancel your service without paying the reminder of the amount?

@Jose Antonio Osores Arzubiaga *remain

• Er
      31st of Oct, 2017

In January 2017 i was told i can not downgrade my account until it is eligible for renewal in June 2017. The rep even advised by email that she would contact me in June 2017. Its Oct 2017, i called and they said that my account auto renewed June 2017. I told them that that was ridiculous and they kept pointing out that my signature is on the original contract and they can email that to me. Now Im stuck until June 2019 I pay $3000. #ringcentral #fraud #scam

@Eric Cruz Datanagan Erick

Same happened to me! Where you able to fix the problem and not pay for remain of the contract?

10th of Jul, 2018

After two years and a half of paying this company. I decided to cancel my service and they want to charge the remain amount. I never got a notice of renewal and didn't know they renew the contract for 2 extra years. Shouldn't it be month to month after finalizing the first 2 years of contract?...very abusive cancellation policy for small businesses.