Rickenbacker / Towing charges

1 CA, United States

I sold a jeep in Nevada in 2002 and it was towed in 2008 and they are trying to charge me 1853.00 for towing bill.
I proved to them I surrendered the plates to the Nevada DMV. I was told by one of their employees that was all I needed to do. Now a lady named, Lorraine is telling me I also have to prove when the insurance was cancelled. I have called my insurance and the DMV to get those records. And I told them it would take a few days yet they still call me with those automatics calls wanting me to make arrangements to pay in five days.
When I faxed them the proof, I called them and they said to call back in a day or two, which I did. The lady I spoke with then was real nice, said they recieved everything and it would be off my credit repoert in about 72 hours. Then a few weeks later I get this call from them wanting to collect a debt. I called back and everyone I spoke to was really rude. They left me on hold a long time and would not get me the people I asked to talk to.
Should I get an attorney to look at this. I do not want to pay for something that is not my problem

More Rickenbacker Complaints & Reviews