Richards Advantage Housing / Living in a camper

1 Rome, GA, United States Review updated:

My parents house burned down Thankdgiving 2008.They ordered a home from Richards Advantage housing in Centre, Al. and in Rome, GA. They put $50, 000 down on the home, in December of2008. Donna Richards and Wayne Goode have given us 4 deliverly dates. It has been 6 months and my parents are still living in a camper. We have had to involve the police and are going to file a law suite this coming week. Donna keeps telling us that she is having it delivered, but nothing ever comes. We are begining to think that she has spent our down payment and has not got the money to pay the manfuactor. We have also heard that the bank is going to forclose on Donnas business.Please dont give these people your money or business. Hopely by the time we are done with them they will be out of business.

Comments

• Br
      26th of May, 2009

My wife and I bought a home from them as well. We have had nothing but trouble. After doing a lot of work ourselves, we were able to move in, but we still have unresolved issues and money that has not been paid to our contractors. you can e-mail me at brotherturtle1@gmail.com

• Wh
      16th of Jun, 2009

Can anyone give me an update on these complaints... Tried to call several numbers I have for them

19th of Jun, 2009

E-mail me at brotherturtle1@gmail.com and I can give you more info. I am also interested in hearing your story. I assume you got took to the cleaners like the rest of us?

• Ba
      21st of Jun, 2009

Thankfully we finally got smart. We went to them in December 2008 (after receiving monthly calls to come check them out). We also were given different dates. I asked that our application be stopped and Wayne basically refused. Finally I had to contact the finance company to stop my application. They wanted to know why and I told them the problems we had had with Wayne Goode. He even suggested us quick deeding our land to him. We are out the $500 down payment that he refused to give back. It brightened my day to ride by the lot in Centre and see everything moved.

• Mx
      22nd of Jun, 2009

My husband and I also put a down payment on a home and was told our deposit was refundable if things didn't work out with the mortgage. Now we can't get our money back either. I have been promised I would be getting it back, but still haven't received anything. They have spent the money that is suppose to be in Escrow. It is against the law to do this. Now the numbers are disconnected and I have no way to get in touch with them. I went to the lot in Rome Friday June 19th and found a note on the door that said they were "rearranging the lot" and would reopen Monday June 22. Most of the homes were gone off that lot as well. If anyone has contact information please let me know. I would like to talk to anyone with information ASAP! I have filed with the BBB and also called the News station. If anyone else would like to join me with the News station, please let me know.

22nd of Jun, 2009

Hello MXMom, please e-mail me at brotherturtle1@gmail.com and I can give you more info. I am also interested in what the news station had to say about this. There are a few other people that I can put you in contact with.

• Ro
      23rd of Jun, 2009

hello,

I am with RomeNewswire.com and we are working on a news story about this. If any of you have any information that you think would be helpful in our investigation of these issues, please call our office at 706-295-4344

We would appreciate any information you may have.

Daniel Bell
    RomeNewswire.com

• Mi
      8th of Jul, 2009

I'll tell you where to find her... there's a pawn shop caddy-corner from RAH... she OWNS it and her husband John runs it (he's the delivery guy at RAH...or supposed to be) anyway she goes there during the day and watches to see if anyone goes to RAH. But if you go in and ask for her they tell you they don't know a Donna Richards. But they do. She also owns a trailer park in cedar bluff, alabama, it's across from the country store on hwy 9. GOOD LUCK seeing her personally, there's alot of pissed off people and she is running scared. I went into the pawn shop with a friend that she screwed over and is avoiding and the kid behind the counter, one of her kids, told me he'd never heard of any Donna Richards, but I know for a FACT her and her husband John own that pawn shop!!!

• Sh
      19th of Aug, 2009

My 84 year old uncle purchased a mobile home from Donna at RAH. The area was to be prepared by Donna's husband but he never showed up. Exactly one week from the purchase my uncle went in the hospital with chest pains and the Dr. told him he couldn't go back home alone and was suggested he go to the nursing home which he did. I called Donna and she said under these circumstances she would refund the money to him. That NEVER happened!! We hired an attorney and actually won our case, now to only find out she's closed her doors. I'm sure there's no way of getting my uncles money back now. It's a shame that Donna took advantage of anyone, but especially an 84 year old man. We also got the run around and was avoided by Donna.

• Wa
      10th of Sep, 2009

You would want to check into Sheila Rankin and Kristi Rankin they went to work for Donna in 2005 after leaving Cloverleaf Housing in Cartersville, the owners at Cloverleaf found that Sheila was taking money from clients and contacted the clients and they sent the owner copies of checks that Sheila and forged and put in her name. Cloverleaf pressed charges against Sheila and Kristi and they were arrested for theft by conversion. Sheila opened a mobile home lot in Cartersville with the help of Donna called Cartersville Housing Center. Sheila took money from innocent people there and didn't pay her contractors as well. Donna was supposedly her investor in the whole scam!

• Le
      22nd of Sep, 2009

hey my name is leeanne williams i am 19 yrs old and i payed 61, 000.00 down on a mobile home from richards advantage housing owned by donna richards on november 08. the trailer itself only costed 54, 000 i payed extra for the moving fees and setup. it was suppose to be set up by december 08 and they didnt even move the trailer until march 09 when they did finally move it, it wasn't put together like it was suppose to be, still in two pieces until about a month later, then they informed me that it wa moved illegally and i couldnt get power or water so i had to sell the trailer back to her because i ran out of money so i couldnt stay in hotels anymore or even eat. i was living in my car for a while with all of my things. she told me that she would sell it back for 45, 000 instead of 61, 000 because she paid to have it moved and everything when i already paid for all of that originally. but i was desperate in need of a place to stay and she said it would be quicker this was so i agreed to it. they came and took my trailer and i haven't seen a penny of the money she still owes me. she knew how horrible my situation was but continued to lie until they went out of business now i have absolutley no way to get in touch with this awful person and im clueless to what to do now. i need help please if theres anyone out there with a class action law suit or any advice please contact me leeannanana@aim.com 770-445-0988
    please,

leeanne

• Fa
      9th of Feb, 2010

take a look on bing search for Donna Richards. very intersting artical on my brothers keeper