Richard J Rokowski, LLCCarpet/padding/porcelain tile

Me Dec 20, 2015 Winter Springs, FL Review updated:

Hired Dec 3rd 2015 to provide and install carpet/padding/porcelain tile. invoice number 680545 Job to be completed by Dec. 16th 2015. Did not have the tile/carpet/padding thoughout that whole time, gave excuses why the product wasnt available, couldnt find anyone to help him with the install after he told me he had a team of 4 guys. Job guaranteed to be done within the timeline requested. I had chosen the tile colour/carpet colour. I started to find someone else to do the job and he got very nervous and finally on the evening of the 18thDec 2015 he installed carpet. Not of which I ordered. I paid him $3500 in which I did not get any of the tile job done and not the carpet I ordered. He went to an tile outlet store that I had already chosen the tile i wanted and had spoken to the owners there. Richard said the tile was there and it was a go. Then he told me that place didnt have enough tile and I could go with him and his tile and it was cheaper than at the outlet. After hiring another crew while Richard was on this job I found out that there was plenty of the tile I wanted and had to order it and have my new crew go and pick it up and install it. I would like the a full refund of the $3500 paid. I spoke to other flooring guys in the Orlando area and Richard is known to them and told me of work they had to fix on his behalf and not having a team of guys to help and taking peoples money and not doing the job promised. also that nobody wants to work with Richard because of his poor attitude and work ethic and dishonesty. I have many emails but cant seem to save them into any format that I can upload.

Richard J Rokowski, LLC

Comments

• Mc
      Nov 16, 2016

I have had a similar issue with Richard Rokowski. Comes across as a very nice, sincere individual but takes your money and doesn't do the job! I've been trying to get my money back from him since September 2015!! There are plenty of complaints on various sites and the stories are all the same!

• Ge
      Apr 25, 2017

My name is Gerardo Bloise and my wife was scammeded on April 17, 2017 by Mr. Richard Rokowski so this guy this at large doing scam right to left north to south it's time to stop him. I going to compile all the cases I going to press criminal charge against him. As you know one case does make a different for the State Attorney Office I just spoke with a Detective from Orange County Sheriff's Office who is willing to prepare a case. So give me a call [protected] in that way I can do an arrangement with the Economic Crimes Unit. Help me to put this guy where he belongs in jail.

Apr 26, 2017

@Gerry55 It's incredible that the continues to get away with it! How much did he take from you? I will call you.

Aug 29, 2018

@Gerry55 Did this case go anywhere? As you can see he's ripped another one!

• Da
      Aug 27, 2018

I am currently in the same situation with him. I didn't see this before I hired him almost two months ago and gave him a 50% deposit for my work. Then no communication. Then one reason after another as to why he cannot complete the work. Now I am trying to get a refund and he has 'sent the check' but, of course, I do not have it. I am beside myself and want to know what I can do to get my money back and make sure he doesn't continue to get away with this.

Aug 29, 2018

@dawner8970 There are dozens of us that have been ripped off by him! We've not been able to get anyone to help us. He's supposedly been arrested a couple times but it goes nowhere. Something has to be done just don't know what else to do!

Aug 31, 2018

@dawner8970 See what I just posted!

Aug 31, 2018

Hello all! Richard Rokowski has been arrested by Volusia County Sheriff’s Office. He is in jail at this moment. I spoke with the detective handling the case and he said we need to take all our documents, receipts, copies of checks etc to our local local law enforcement agency and reference the Volusia case. We can get a copy of his report by requesting it thru Volusia County! 6 other agencies have documented cases against him. The case # is 18-19421 and the report can be requested thru a public records request by calling [protected].

I am in Orange County if anyone wants to join forces.