ReUnion.com / Charged my PayPal account after cancellation

I have a paypal account. I signed up with reunion.com for a subscription for 36.00. I found the people I wanted to see and I canceled the account well in advance of the resubscription date. They charged my paypal account anyways. I wrote to them to get the charge reversed. They did not write back. I wrote again, asking them to reverse the charge. They did not write back. I filed a complaint with paypal. Reunion did not respond. I filed a resolution with paypal and paypal said they could do nothing. I am out 36.00 after I had canceled the account months in advance.

Comments

An
  17th of Jul, 2007

This must be the month for Reunion.com to charge as many credit cards as they can a fee of 36.00. Last year I contacted this group about a charge, was told I was out of the database, this month, there the charge was again. I called again and a "Blake' told me that I could get a refund of 31.00 the 5.oo remaining would somehow be a fee I would have to pay? Furious, and not expecting to really see a credit on my card. BEWARE OF THESE SCAMS!!!

Na
  26th of Sep, 2007
ReUnion.com - Rip off!

I will start looking at back grounds before I do anything on line anymore... so far, it is NOT good! I have to log in each time I want to get in to anything!... I want to cancel this...hard telling what will happen!... I cannot get a hold of any one on line or by phone... I better get a full refund... or else! This is one of the BIGGEST MISTAKES I have made!

Nancy.

Si
  22nd of Dec, 2007

You need to cancel the subscription on your paypal account. This too happened to me and Reunion will keep billing you even if you cancel your membership.

Good luck.

Jo
  18th of Jan, 2008
ReUnion.com - Unethical behavior by REUNION!
ReUnion.com
www.ReUnion.com

Reunion will not allow me to give fees due to one of their listed grads without paying a large fee to them!! THIS STINKS!!

E
  26th of Feb, 2008
ReUnion.com - "Leave a message"
California

I just tried calling Reunion.com AGAIN and got a machine. It''s not even 10:30 on a weekday morning and they aren't working. What kind of company is this?

Be
  9th of Mar, 2008

I have purchased quite a number of things on the Internet. Only once before has the purchase gone through PayPal. It ended up such a mess I had to change my bank account as well as my credit card.

Now, with Reunion.com I'm afraid I'll have to do the same. First, however, I intend to notify my bank manager personally (the bank's within walking distance); contact the Better Business Bureau, FCC, Public Citizen's Consumer Watch, CODE Pink, NOW, and a good many other orgainzations that are in my address book!

It's QUITE OBVIOUS that Reunion.com knows exactly what it's doing to thousands of unwilling and unsuspecting persons (especially lonely old people) and finds nothing wrong with it. WRONG!!!

Mi
  24th of Apr, 2008

If you have fallen for this trick and elected to subscribe, and THEN realize you have been duped, cancell immediately on the phone by using the following: "Should you have additional concerns, our Customer Service Team can be reached toll-free at (888) 704-1900 Everyday, 6a.m. - 11p.m. pst. (Excluding major Holidays)" make sure you talk to an operator and verbally indicate you want to cancell-you won't get your money back so take the payment you made with a credit card on the chin. The only comfort is in the following public delclaration made by Reunion.com on their "User Agreement" link.

2. Cancellation of Your Subscription

You may terminate your MEMBERSHIP at any time. When YOU terminate YOUR MEMBERSHIP, YOUR account will not be automatically renewed and YOUR access will be terminated on the expiration date.

Ma
  7th of May, 2008
ReUnion.com - Unsolicited mailings
reunion.com

Reunion.com is poaching their members email accounts and sending emails to all contacts, asking them to join reunion.com. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and if you lost money to them, you should also.

Lo
  25th of May, 2008
ReUnion.com - Renewed my subscription
www.reunion.com

Reunion renewed my subscription without my consent and will not give me credit. NO NOT USE PAYPAL the are useless.

J
  28th of May, 2008

I think reunion.com is operating illegally - certainly it can't be ok to take my email address book and send email to others saying "your friend wants to contact you" without my permission? They don't answer their phone - first clue that they are a shady operation. Then they make it so you cannot exit their service! The Better Business Bureau rates them an F. Need I say more! Yahoo should kick them off and I mean right now!

Re
  20th of Jul, 2008
ReUnion.com - Fraud and scam
ReUnion.com
www.reunion.com

Here's a good one for all of you who signed up with Reunion.com... THEY SELL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES!!!
I signed up using a fake name/screenname and have now gotten continuous unsolicited emails all addressed to that fake user name! The ONLY place on the web that I used that fake name was on Reunuion.com! Not only would I recommend NOT paying for a subscription, for your own safety and security, don't even register with them!!

Ak
  12th of Aug, 2008

I've been on hold with 16 callers ahead of me for 25 minutes trying AGAIN to cancel my account. These people suck.

Jo
  8th of Oct, 2008

I found their parking lot and dumped three pounds of sheet rock nails in it. Have fun paying for tire repair reunion.com. I hope the taliban get you. My you be sodomized by large cattle.

Do
  9th of Oct, 2008

PLEASE CANCEL ME FROM THIS REUNION THING. I NO LONGER WISH TO RECIEVE ANY MAIL FROM YOU. I NO LONGER WISH TO RECEIVE ANY E-MAIL REGARDING ANY NAMES OF KENNY OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS.

PLEASE ONLY ONE MORE E-MAIL FROM YOU, AND THAT IS THE ONE LETTING ME NO THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL AND THAT I WILL NOT BE RECEIVING ANYTHING ELSE FROM YOU.

DONNA F. AND (KENNY)

Da
  2nd of Nov, 2008
ReUnion.com - error in email address
20757 Forest Hill Loop
Park Rapids
Phone: 2187321895

I have been unable to sign in to my account because they have misinterpreted my email address they have me listed as cewdg@unitelc.com which is not valid and has not been for years. my real email is dargrayce@unitelc.com. how do I get them to change it? they just keep saying furnish a new email address which I did as shown
and they still say that my email is invalid. yikes~~~~~!!!
good grief what does a person have to do?

Ji
  24th of Nov, 2008

I could not believe my luck. I just finished a hassle with some loose weight pills that uses the same marketing program, same billing type program, same contact us program as this reunion company. I did not think I would ever get caught again, but here it is just a few days and this reunion group has me in their web. I was suckered in by an ad promising information for pennies and when I responded with my credit card number (bad mistake and no one gets any number from me from now on) and I get this one year charge of $60 that is non refundable. So back to the bank, cancel my current card and get a new credit card number and mess up all kinds of legit stuff, but it is the only way to cut off the offender. I cannot afford to have these jewish ###s playing with my credit card.

Ch
  24th of Nov, 2008

i am parilized living on s.s. and cant afford to join would like to beg of you to let me have access to your help program to find and get in touch with one person from colledge i am stuck at home always and would really like to find christine birskovich from applachain state in nc 1981 please help

Me
  25th of Nov, 2008
ReUnion.com - Phished contact list
reunion.com

This company phishes your entire contact list and sends out invitations to everyone. Unsolicited phishing is illegal!!!

Mi
  28th of Nov, 2008

I want to cancel my subscription to Reunion.com now

Ja
  29th of Nov, 2008

Thank you! I will be writing several complaints about this company.