Replacement Windows / Horrible brown caulk around windows

nashville, United States Review updated:
Phone: 615-833-8003

About 6 months after I had replacement windows installed, I noticed the caulk across the bottom of the windows was turning brown. I called the owner to come out and look. It was always too late for her to come, she was on the other side of town, etc. Finally, I told her it made no difference how late as I have outside lights. She came after dark, ask for a cloth and cleaner and
tried to scrub it. Couldn't, then held her hands up, brought them down and asked if I knew dirt came DOWN. She said she "just got a bad batch of caulk." Bottom line, it was supposed to have clear silicon. This even can be seen from the street. I paid a healthy price (more than most companies) and she refuses to do anything. I can't even get her to call back.

Anybody thinking of using Mid-South Exteriors, email me and I will give you my address to look at my windows. I do not have the money to clean and redo.
I make very little money and was doing this to try to stay in my house. If anyone can help, please let me know.

Mary Ann

Comments

St
  30th of Jan, 2009
I am sorry to hear about your experience sometimes it seems like a matter of luck when picking windows. We went with Castle windows and wanted to tell them Thank you for your commitment and perseverance in working with us to make new windows in our home a reality. The representative’s demonstrations of Castle window products, quality, as well as his industry knowledge were key drivers in our decision to select Castle Windows.

Your commitment was most certainly tested when we asked you to visit us on three occasions prior to agreeing to a contract. These sessions were not necessitated due to indecisiveness on our part; rather, personal scheduling conflict resulting from two working parents and four active children. We greatly appreciate your flexibility and willingness to answer our many questions each time you visited.

We also wish to thank the installation team for a professional, customer focused performance. It was up lifting to complete the installation of all windows and a new French door in one day. The crew arrived on time, was meticulously neat in their work, and was courteous in completing their tasks.

As for the windows, themselves…. They are beautiful and make a world of difference from an external beautification standpoint. As for inside the home, we appreciate their ease of use and the additional comfort resulting fro a reduction in street noise. We look forward to future energy bills to validate the energy efficiency resulting from the installation of Castle Windows.

Thanks again for your assistance in making a major buying decision a most satisfying one.
St
  30th of Jan, 2009
Not sure if I agree that windows are a matter of luck because we also had a good experience with castle windows. We had windows were installed in May. They looked very nice. The guys that installed the windows did an excellent job installing and cleaning up afterwards.

Two days after the windows were installed. We had severe winds and a thunderstorm. The windows didn’t leak water and there was no draft. They definite didn’t rattle. The top of the trees were taken out and ended up on our roof but our windows survived in tact.

We are very happy with our decision to install Castle windows.
Ms
  13th of Oct, 2010
Is this the Castle Windows from Richmond VA? It is a horrible company. My story is similar to yours, only I was an idiot, took their word when they said I needed new gutters - got them, replacing lovely copper gutters. Still leaks! My beautiful duplex with 52 windows and with solid wood window sills is damaged. Over half of the windows leak. I am exhausted and won't fight them any more, but I hope NO ONE ever buys from Castle Windows, Richmond VA again!!!