Repairtech / fraud

This is a scam operation that sells aftermarket warranties on consumer electronics. These guys don't answer the phone, don't do anything, never get back to you, and they I suppose will soon be out of business, leaving many people who paid good money for warranties with nothing. I would be happy to be involved in a class-action lawsuit against them. I have notes and records of the hundreds of times I tried to get through to them. Now the have stopped answering the phone.

A  29th of Jan, 2009 by
I have a 3-year bulb warranty from Repairtech for an HD projector I bought from Prestige Camera. A year after use, the bulb went out. So I called and eventually was told to buy my own bulb because they didn't have any to send me. This was back in Jun 08. They said to fax the invoice to them and they'll reimburse me. So I ordered a replacement bulb directly from Epson for about $350, faxed my bill to them and waited. It’s now 29 Jan 09 and got nothing. I sent an email to them, but they did not reply. I tried calling, but got a lot of busy signals. I too am believing this is a scam.
A  30th of Jan, 2009 by
Everyone MUST call FTC: 1-877-382-4357, register complaint..they will pursue and do class action suit if enuff complaints. Call and REGISTER complaint with New Jersey OCP 1-973-504-6200(Atty General Office). Also, call YOUR STATE atty general office and make formal/registered complaint. In Florida they are not allowed to even sell warranties. Call your news channels for air time exposure. If we work together we can get Repairtech to refund or make good their apparent fraud and loss of trust.

James Machado
A  20th of Feb, 2009 by
Their website isn't even up now! If anyone knows about a lawsuit let me know. I had to pay for this stupid warrantee.

N  25th of Feb, 2011 by
My TV needs repair and tried to open their web site for more details and it says domain is for sale. Tried to call them at 877-418-8324 which was provided on protection certificate but call cannot go through. Please let me know if any one know about law suit