Repair Tech / Repair Tech won't honor warranty

1 Farmington Hills, MI, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Sony A100 DSLR from Wisetronics.com. They really pushed the need for me to purchase an extended warranty for my camera. I was told that there was a local company that could service my camera if I had any issues. Well, my Sony camera started having some electronic problems. Some of the buttons would not work and the auto-focus stopped working. When I called RepairTech, they told me that I had to send my camera out of state to Precision Camera. After two weeks, my camera still had not gone into 'repair' status. I called Precision Camera and they told me that Repair Tech had not authorized and paid for the repair. Over the course of the next several weeks, Repair Tech kept telling that due to a 'glitch' in their system, the repair was not authorized, but the issue would be resolved in 2 to 3 business days. It never was resolved. I left messages for supervisors, but calls were ever returned. I complained to Precision Camera, but they said that there was nothing they could do. They said that I could pay for the repairs myself and then go after Repair Tech for reimbursement or I could PAY them a $25 refusal fee to return my camera. The whole thing reeks of scam. My camera was essentially held hostage by Precision Camera. I felt that they should have fixed my camera and they should go after Repair Tech for payment. It's a no win situation. If you ever buy an extended warranty, be sure to ask who the warranty provider is. If a company is trying to sell you a warranty serviced by Repair Tech, choose another company to buy your product from.

Comments

Sh
  10th of Dec, 2008

I too had the same run around experience and repair tech said that precision camera has not received an authorization from repair tech to fix my panasonic digital camera -extended warranty. I could pay $120 dollars and try to get reimbursed. This is truly a fraudulent run around and I want to get what I paid for.
There must be other legal remedies, and after spending about 5 hours going from one person to the other I am MAD AS HELL and will continue this until I get my camera fixed. Anyone else have this problem, contact me and we can get some legal action going.
bugoff@mac.com