[Resolved] Renault / duster awd

Dharwad, India

Hello, attention mr carlos chosen

My name is dr madhavaranga, I am a practising ophthalmologist with 2 postgraduate degrees and around 8 international publications and more than 79 citations.
I writ this letter with a deep sense of disappointment with renault india. The reason is, the purchase of duster awd adventure edition, 2016 model. I purchased this vehicle with chassis no meehsrcfngb001215, and engine no k9kr858do51956. This piece had steering rack noise from the beginning. I purchased the machine from trident renault up mahat bengaluru. I stay at dharwad a place 500 kms from bengaluru. Hence I visited the nearest renault service station. That happens to be nagashanti renault at hubli. The service person at first refused the manufacturing defect, and then I persisted, went again to the service station during which time he agreed that there was more noise from the rack. He asked me to keep driving and return. I was not ready to accept that because it was a brand new machine and not a used one. I repkaced the steering rack of my friends duster, and as e xpected the noise totally disappeared. I complained to the customer care centre, india on toll free no [protected]. They provided me with a complaint no [protected], I asked the service station for a pickup and drop, as I could not keep going to the service station again and again amidst my busy practice. The service station kept the vehicle for nearly 12 days and handed it back to me after refitting the steering. The steeting now is tight and very uncomfortable.

What I don't comprehend is how a renowned company such as yours could be so cold and irresponsible. I actually deserve a new car, but at least expect change of the steering rack. I wish mr carlos ghosn goes through this letter which is written with lot of pain and emotion. If this is the treatment thst your company offers to a doctor, I really don't know what a common man should expect. It is not that this machine is my first purchase, I have a mercedes, toyota innova, and vw polo. I understand what a steering rack is.
Kindly ask the service chief at nagshanti hubli to change the steering rack which is under warranty.
Hope the company lives up to its name. Hope it will not velittle itself... Hope

Regards

[protected]@gmail.com

• Resolution statement

• Renault Customer Care's Response, Oct 26, 2017

Dear Madhavaranga,

We don't want you to feel this way. We will surely check this for you and connect with you on this.