Remit2india.com / stay away from this company!

Hi everyone,

I initiated a transfer of $12,000. and since I was transferring such huge amount they promised me to give a better rate.

The rate they actually gave me was much less then what ICICI would give for 5000$ and they told me there would be no fees. Instead they charged me $15+Rs200. They also promised me a bonus, but leave bonus of Rs 250, they charged me so much money on top of It.

Also, many branches of banks are not listed with them, so you have to pay Rs 150 extra for your demand draft.

Seriously they are big cheaters, first their representatives will call you everyday and bug you and the moment you will initiate the transfer and when they will cheat on you, you will not be able to get hold of them.

I would strongly recommend not to use REMIT2INDIA, if you want your money to be safe.

Ra

Comments

11th of May, 2007
    Remit2india - Unsolicited emails
    India

I have received numerous unsolicited emails from remit2India after using there service once. I never subscribed to any email lists nor approved for any emails to be sent to me. I have received emails from them on numerous occasions as well as from tomspecials.com with Remit2India in the subject line as if they sold my information to 3 party sources.

I can't believe this company is getting away with this especially that they deal with highly sensitive personal information that is entrusted to this company.

• Al
      20th of Aug, 2007

I booked my order on 2nd of august and I was informed by Miss rashmi that my mother would be contacted on 6th august for appointment. Inspite of several mails to remit2india and miss rashmi, I didn't get response as my mother needed those test. One of doctor prescribed similar testes which was due to conducted by remit2india and thyrocare.

We all know how Indian companies work, I had couple of transactions with remit2india earlier, I had problems with their services but never thought you can be do such negligence in handling your customer. What remit2india think that we can't place order on thyrocare directly. I knew that same tests can be performed in much lower price if I order directly on thyrocare care site but because of rashmi calling number of times I ignored the few pennies.

I am so much disappointed with the way you handled this order that I am going to tell all my colleagues to be aware when they handle their transactions with remit2india.

My mother has already gone through those tests which you guys are going to do now... why we should spend twice for the same. If you wish I can produce the reports for the same. My mother had gone through those tests in Camberwell jaipur. if you wish you can confirm.

One more thing I don't know how remit2india work but they always send an automated mail saying that they will respond in 48 hours which don't happen usually. If you guys really work professionally and believe in customer satisfaction then please refund my money as those testes are waste of money for me. I will take this issue up to highest management in remit2india if I don't get satisfactory answer with money back.

One more thing which I ignored earlier, I was told that I would be charged £20 for the tests but I was actually charged £22.5. I want to suggest you as an Indian... and you as Indian company we need to grow up and get some maturity in processes. You guys are so much into selling that you itself don't know what you selling? Any consumer court can take this issue with them if I wish.

This kind of services will not help you to grow. Learn something with your pears who doing much better in market without their executive calling to people personally.

• Rj
      5th of Oct, 2007

I agree that remit2india are Cheaters & Liars...

They make big promises, Pester you all the time & the End result is.......................Loss of YOUR Hard earned money.

The less said the better..

They would have cheated me on at least 100£ = (as per their rates Rs 7999)

• Pi
      13th of Oct, 2007

I have same experience with Quick remit services. I think ultimate thing is that either we should have to opt for wire transfer otherwise we have to open up account with SBI because after all nationalized bank only Good , consistent and Fair . At least what they do they will show us. As per my opinion SBI. Gls is good option. All the private banks like Axis, ICICI,HDFC, ABN Amro, CITY, STAN CHAT, and probably all will give you good offer but simultaneously grab that from your pocket !!!

Somewhere I heard that remit2india is or this kind of similar companies are collects your all details like bank account, social security and then thefts your identity!!! So be sure before using any kind of services or putting trust in cheap one. Its safe, secure and reliable to use nationalized banks.

• Vj
      10th of Feb, 2008

Please save yoursef from remit2india, such a bad service , its a shame to Timse group of companies, They have a Exchange rate challenge instead if they have a delivery of money challange, they will never win..What a shame on a big company like this.

I registered with Remit2India recently and sent some money from singapore to india, I was attracted to this site by their exchange rates, they had a better exchange rate then the ICICI money to india, The registration process was pretyy cool and I had good impression on this site because it belongs to Times Group, India.

I realized my mistake when i checked the status in this site after couple of days, My status always showed as "Money Awaited" I waited for 4 days as the instruction in the site said it would take 3 to 4 days after the transfer, I waited for 4 days to see my status say "Money Awaited", I mailed them couple of times and i got a reply from them asking me to send a transaction screen shot of my bank account which i did it. Iam still waiting for the day that my money would reach the reciever whom i sent to.

I would suggest them to appoint new managers who are really result oriented and can take up the challenge and turn all the bad names that this company had got into good name by gaining the trust of the customers by serving them better. If this company does not do that , I assure that we can find a news one day in some news paper saying the Times money colapsed, this is for sure.

• Si
      28th of Feb, 2008

I sent 1500GBP to my India bank account. everything worked smoothly but later I realised that since the amount was > 1000 they had a fast remitting option. But a person has to manually select that. How stupid... their website should automatically choose the fastest option if amount is higher because there is no fee associated.
    now second problem is, they sent a mail by their registered courier which arrived at my house in India half open and torn - so someone (read someone at courier company) had opened my letter. Now in this letter they had put all my India bank details including my account number, branch etc and remittance of 1500 GBP in indian currency. I sent them an email saying such data is confidential but they replied that its courier companies fault and not theirs - I asked them who choose this courier company, isn't it your company and that makes you responsible. All I heard is this wont happen again.
    Now I kept getting call on my UK number during working hours from their sales rep from India asking me when will I do my next remitance and misc offers. Finally I had to tell one of sales rep that please do not call me for any offer. When I want to remit money, I know how to do it.

• Mb
      1st of Mar, 2008

I too had a similar experience with them and decided to take it online :

Now I realize, I was not alone!

8th of Mar, 2008

I am a Deutsche Bank NRI customer. They have a tie up with remit2india to transfer money. Before using the services of remit2india, I decided to check out online about their services and from all that I hear from you guys I am staying away.
    Thanks for your feedback guys. We need to speak out about companies that have a poor track record, so that potential new customers stay away.
    I am certainly going to feed back this information to Deutsche bank private banking services

• Ka
      20th of Mar, 2008

KEEP AWAY FROM REMIT2INDIA. They are biggest cheaters.

Don't get carried by "Exchange Rate Challenge" offer. It's not applicable to you if you are sending less than USD 11, 000.

I don't think there will be even 1% of transactions for that big amount. So that offer has no value and just to lure the customer unethically.

They require an NRE account for beneficiery, otherwise you get very low rates.
    They take more time in sending money.

I lost more than Rs 1000 just in 1 transaction because of their mis-leading offer.

17th of Apr, 2008

Surprised with bad reviews! REMIT2INDIA is honest and hassle free

I am surprised at such bad reviews. I have been using Remit2india’s smart wire service since last 8 months transferring approx £1200 each time. For me it has been very smooth with no hiccups, my account also shows me the status and never had to call them for delays or other hassles. I have used everything from xoom to ICICI earlier (with ICICI giving the worst exchange rate) but nothing was as hassle free as this. In recent month they seem to have also revamped their site and its pretty user friendly now, yes I agree earlier it was a little cumbersome, but now it’s a breeze.
    I am not switching over to any other service anytime soon.

• Ni
      21st of Apr, 2008

Yes me too..Remit2India is better than the rest
    I am recent convert of Remit2India and to put it on record my experience has been fabulous. My brother transfers me money every month from Singapore and so far he was using either western union or money2india(a pain!), but both these offered a really low rate and the also charged a service fee. With remit2india I don’t have to go looking for an authorised center to receive my cash, it comes directly into my bank account. The exchange rate is slightly better too. For me Remit2india is any day a better service than the dozen others out there

• Re
      21st of Apr, 2008

Remit2India are cheaters. I have sent more than USD $20, 000 till date. They offer lowest rate (compared to SBI & ICICI). Their advertised rate is not what you get.

Pathetic response to customer service. They have standard copy-paste answers.

I am yet to know if anyone got any promotion offer from them materialized.

My referral bonus from 2005 is still "pending Dispatch"
    My emails are still unanswered
    My request to match SBI's published rate has no response yet

Manish (2 posts above this), is on a crusade for Remit2India and is an Employee of Remit2India. He has gone to other negative feedback and tried to give a facelift for this pathetic company

Has anyone seen the ACNielsen ORG Marg study that says that they are the greatest? Is there a link? I though AC Nielsen was a reputed company.

26th of Apr, 2008

hey guys, i am very much confused about sending my money to home..from last 3 months i was transferring money via icici's money2india but after my first transaction i got some bad experiences with them i thought everything will be fine in my next transaction but it never happend...then i start googing for any other money transfer options and i got this
    http://forum.path2usa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1887 and then i know that i am not alone who cheated by them.. i really dont know whom to trust..

• Pa
      15th of May, 2008

hi jackson i am also agree with you recently i have sent $125 through icici's money2india and they first offered me some good exchange rates as a biginner and now after a whole two weeks my money still didn't reached at my home..and now they are showing me their back by saying we havent promised anything about time and also addition of this they have reduced their exchange rates and now convincing me for that..!! is this a kind of fraud business..icici people are playing with our hardly earned money! we have to take some action.

• Fr
      15th of May, 2008

The remit 2india customer reps dont seem to have a clue and they are absolutely devious. They keep calling you sir and mam and refuse to understand what the customer is telling them.
    They are outright rude in also saying sorry sir we cannot do it for example AJAY BORAVAT .. Employee ID - TOM104.
    When I asked him can I talk to your supervisor he tell me they are in a meeting, I asked can you cancel my account and he tells me you can do it yourself.
    It is amazing, that customer satisfaction is absolutely the last thing they seem to care.
    I also agree about the ripoff in currency conversion. It has never been a case that they have given a better price than the market but they always claim that.

• Ke
      19th of May, 2008

I am not agree with you . i am regularly doing transactions through remit2india and i am always getting best exchange rates, and money is delieverd within their promised period. and the way you mentioned their process it seems that you didnt even called remit2india a single time.! if you call their customer service there is no need to talk with supervisor, every query get solved immediately and this is my personal experience.

• Pe
      22nd of May, 2008

The trick of remit2india is they keep higher rates during the US day time which lures the customers and they lower the rates during night time which is the day time in India when the funds are transferred to the bank in india. They change the rate twice in 24 hours. So everyone gets a lesser rate when the funds are transferred.

That's where they keep a bigger spread. In future i have decided to go to SBI.

22nd of May, 2008

DO NOT USE remit2india. I just had horrible experience. I can assure you that you will get lower rate then rates posted on their web site. They lower their rate for few hours during day and that is the time all funds will be converted. Horrible customer services.

They had rates of Rs42.26 at 9:00 am IST 41.84 at 10:30 am IST 42.28 at 2:00 pm IST
    I was told that money is always converted at 11:00 am IST. I started following rates on their web site and this is the trend I noticed. For few hours rate will go down, (time when money is converted) and then rates will go up again.

Left several messages for “relationship manager”. No one called and after few days when some one called, he said that’s the way we work…..
    Same thing is repeated via e-mail also. They kept insisting there was no problem with transfer. In short “we got your money and we don’t care any more”

Again DO NOT USE remit2india.

• Su
      28th of May, 2008

I was exchanged my $606 into rupees from thomas cook in chennai airport.They said their rate of buying on 26/5/2008 is 38.5 but actual rate is 42.7 i dont know but cheated me with large amount.
    Thomas cook india is going to other hands now so they want to cheat the people as much as they can.
    finally we are loosers.

• Ks
      5th of Jul, 2008

I have lost atleast 7000Rs while transferring through this site, I have checked by transferring at the same time my friends were using other sites and got atleast 60p less.

Is there any way to challenge these transactions, there are too many people being conned by using remit2india...