Remit2india.com / customer cheating!

I have used remit2india.com to send money to India. They says that the rate will be applied as per the exchange rate of the day your funds are converted. They are cheating the customer. They are not disclosing what rate they have applied to your fund. Nor they keep the old rate on their site.

What they basically doing is converting your fund on the less rate and saying that was the rate when your fund are converted and cheating the customer. I checked their web site and call the customer service rep to check the exchange rate for June 22 when my fund was converted and I was told that the exchange rate at 12:30 a.m Eastern time for NRE Account is 40.39 and Normal is 40.32. I did my transaction as NRE Account but I was given the exchange rate of 40.32.

They are cheating the customer. Check well before doing any business with them.

Thanks,
Suneet Bansal.

Comments

• Go
      31st of Aug, 2007

Hi

I have transferred $2000 to India on 17th of August and it is supposed to be credited to my Bank account in 3-4 working days. Even after 15 days they have not credited to my Bank A/C in Bangalore.

When ever I call customer care they answer irresponsibly and they said they have transferred the Money on 23rd but When we checked in Canara bank, money has not been sent to my A/C from Remit2India.

Still they are trying to find out where my money went. Please don't send money to India through remit2india they are very Big cheaters and idiots.

Thanks,
    GS.

• Sr
      8th of Sep, 2007

Hi, I also used remit2india quite a few times and now I see most of the times they endup involving in such gimmicks. I recently transferred 10000+ USD and they used a much below conversion rate than the rates prevailing throughout that week. THEY ARE SCAMSTERS. AVOID THEM AT ANY COST.

• Su
      13th of Oct, 2007

Stay away from these people. I sent 350 Australian dollars more than a month back and its still to reach my beneficiary in India. On calling them, they say they have transferred the money and act quite high-handed on the phone. On lodging complaint on the net,they sad they will get back to me in 48 hours,6 days later I I was still waiting to hear.

Is there some place I can complain to?

19th of Oct, 2007

I have sent some money to my parents A/c 2 months Back from USA, so far not reached and no one is responding from remt2india side. Please let me know where else I need to report.

PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES NOT TO USE THIS SERVICE AT ANY COST.

• Ni
      19th of Mar, 2008

I strongly agree with all of the above. One of my roommate has transferred 10K USD to indian bank after remit2india promised fast delivery; this poor person has not been able to track where is his money lying!!!

I've stopped using remit2india 1 year back itself...There were many offers they came up with... some reward points, referel points, gift to parents... strangly, even after being eligible for these offers, none of the things were given to me...

as far as rates are concern, I've never seen any fraud company...

Nikhil
    San Diego

• Ka
      20th of Mar, 2008

KEEP AWAY FROM REMIT2INDIA. They are biggest cheaters.

Don't get carried by "Exchange Rate Challenge" offer. It's not applicable to you if you are sending less than USD 11, 000.

I don't think there will be even 1% of transactions for that big amount. So that offer has no value and just to lure the customer unethically.

They require an NRE account for beneficiery, otherwise you get very low rates.
    They take more time in sending money.

I lost more than Rs 1000 just in 1 transaction because of their mis-leading offer.

• Pz
      13th of May, 2008

I have had an horrible experience with these ppl. They did not credit my money to the Indian Bank and now they are responding properly. Do you know where in the US can I register my complain against them. They only have an email where they can be reached. If anyone knows about how to reach them please let me know.

Thanks

• Ke
      19th of May, 2008

I am also doing transactions through remit2india but i never got any bad experience..remit2india is always giving me best service i can even track my money online what else you need?last month i sent $1000 to my family and it was urgently required for my sister's fees for next year in engineering. and remit2india delivered it within 7 days.. and this is the reason for which me and many people using remit2india.

• Av
      9th of Sep, 2008

Remit2India is a stupid service with no bloody customer care number to even inquire. I transferred 1100$ and used the atm card option but there is no news of it even after 15 days. The UTI bank ppl deny having any liaisons with remit2india and the status is being shown as dispatched :-( i dont know what to do. Have contacted them through that crappy email thing atleast 5 times but they never reverted back. Dont use this service, money2india from ICICI seems a better choice. Plus the conversion rate is not decided at the beginning .

• Ra
      3rd of Oct, 2008

The service counts when your in need.I have tranfered Money many times through remit2india it has reached the recipent also but some times they clamb the money transfer is not complete.When the bank is checked for tranfer it says it has done long back, then they ask for transaction details with bank logo.As i have tranfered many times with these people i can conclude i thing [they dont have a customer support in place]If your travelling to india please dont use this service because they dont have a single customer service call center in inda''if you want to conform search in google for india helpline.

• Fa
      7th of Oct, 2008

yes remit 2 india are the biggest cheaters those who did not get the experience will experience soon, when u are transferring money they are very nice and they keep contacting you but when there is any problem in your money which did not reach its destination, then forgot about they calling you they will not even want to speak to u they are all highly immature, do not care a damn for customers and all must lodge complaints against this company which is cheating you to the core.
    The females are more rude than the men all they are good at is in sending automated mails, their website does not indicate anything about the company except for toll free numbers and email, by this we all mus t open our eyes that this company is not transparent .
    So please dont wait till u are cheated stop sending money through this company there are others who more relaiable than remit 2
    This company made lot of money when i sent my money almost around 20, 000 indian rupees

• Pa
      17th of Nov, 2008

Remit2India are BIG (Exchange Rate) CHEATERS !!

I used their service three times and they cheated me in Exchange Rate everytime. They say that you get the Exchange rate after 3 business days excluding Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday. Even if this is the case when I initiated a transaction on Thursday they gave me Mondays Exchange rate (which was lower) while I should get Tuesdays Exchange rate. They always give you a lower Exchange rate no matter what the rules are.
    I am closing my account with them. PLEASE DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE AS THEY ARE CHEATERS. They will not stop doing this unless we stop using their service.

10th of Mar, 2009

I had a similar exprience with the Remit 2 India with regards to the exchange rate . I had been monitoring the exchange rate through out the day and it was supposed to be 51.34 for 5000 $ but when I checked the amount transferred I had got just 51.09 as exchage rate .

It is the third time it happened with me . I am not going to do any more transfers with them . They are big time cheaters and will not recommend them to any other friends .

• Ri
      18th of Mar, 2009

Hey guys you are right, I had the same experience what most of you had. They cheat with the exchange rate all the time. Last week I remitted $2000 and the exchange rate was something around 51.35 but they exchanged it with 51.05, so I lost around 586 Rs. I had the same experience before but I ignored it, thinking that I might be wrong. But I am not gonna use it anymore. Does any of you know if we can file the complaint against them here in USA?

• Sh
      30th of Mar, 2009

I have sent money in euros, these bloddy just deducted 10Euros and now they say that thats the extra transfer charge.

Also they fool with the transaction rate, dont use this service

• Ro
      28th of Mar, 2010

HI Frineds,

Please Never use Remit2india for transferring Money to Inida .These ### cheat in all possible ways for thier own benefit .

• Ra
      28th of Jun, 2010

I strongly agree with most of the complains here. In last 30 days I've transferred $2500 ($1500 and $1002 along with $2 changes ) and in both cases I've got lowest possible exchange rate than otherwise you will get anywhere else. Last transaction I see that $1002 was debited from my account on 6/22/2010 and even though exchange rate that day was 46.1425, ICICI Remit2India services applied exchange rate of 45.59. Story with first transaction was also same. In nut shell these guys are cheats and not worth doing business with. They can make money in short term but for longer run I’ll look something somewhere else. Please avoid their Remit2India service!!!

• Cs
      29th of Jun, 2010

Dear Mr. Singh,

I am writing on behalf of Remit2India. We would like to assist you with your concern.

We request you to write to us at escalation@remit2india.com.

Regards,
    Remit2India

• Gu
      22nd of Sep, 2010

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, THEY DO NOT FOLLOW UP ON ANY OF THE COMPLAINTS AND THEY GIVE A CRAPPY RATES AND THEY DO NOT DISCLOSE TE RATE UNTIL THE U ASK. MY MONEY IS NOT YET REMITTED IN INDIA IT IS MORE THAN 6 DAYS AFTER IT HAS BEEN CONVERTED TO INDIAN RUPEES AND 9 DAYS AFTER DEBITING FROM MY ACCOUNT,

THESE PEOPLE ARE REAL SCAMMERS, I'M UNHAPPY TO SAY THIS TO A INDIAN COMPANY AND GIVE SUCH A BAD REVIEW.

MY RATING IS 0 ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 5

• Gu
      22nd of Sep, 2010

What do you want from me?
    I have incurred loss by trying a new company to do the wire transfer.(I have opted for a Professional services in the transaction page.)
    The person who was waiting for the money has to provide me a service on m expense (Travel). he had to cancel the trip because he did not receive the money, even though you have my money from past 5 days with you?
    Please let me know who will reimburse the looses for me?
    I have used bank of America, icici and UAE services.I never had any issues and i have never given a bad remark to this companies.

There is no proper response from your team that is the reason i had to post a complaint of the board and if i d not get a good response i will keep posting the complaints on different websites as well.

Gurneyclose