Remit2India / smart cheaters

1 New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

Hi everyone,
Kindly be aware when u transfer money to india through remit 2india as they are the smartest cheaters u can ever come across. Why are they smart? becoz they never transfer your money at the best exchange rate on a given day. They hold money untill the forex is at its lowest(Forex changes thrice on a given day) and then immediately transfer once the forex falls. So, remit2india makes very good money from ur hard earned money by exchanging the rate for themselves when the forex is high and giving the money to you when the forex is lowest. The difference in the highest and lowest forex is their PROFIT. ( if 1000 people transfer $1000 each on a single day they make profit to the extent of...just imagine a difference of 0.50 paise)
So, whats the best way? Look for citi bank or icici. Atleast they do not make false promises.
Just wondering their smartness in cheating people. If u still want to go ahead i shall wait for your response after a couple of transactions.

Ha

Comments

• Ro
      21st of Jul, 2008

I dont believe this thing!! i mean so many people are using remit2india for sending money online, and event remit2india online transfer is associated with more then 50 banks and their branches all over the india. it is one of the largest online money transfer service also. i thing you are having some misunderstanding about remit2india.. its better if you properly read their process on their website www.remit2india.com

• Ya
      24th of Jul, 2008

I am agree wid you ronak, as per one article on NRI remittance i found that 78 % of NRI's are using remit2india service and why should a company which is a brand in itself cheat his own customers for a small amount of profit?? cant believe this story my friend..better if you check out their remittance help before sending ur funds

• Ra
      28th of Jul, 2008

I have used remit2india but after reading some reviews (as harry wrote above) about remit2india i left it and went for some other services expecting better then r2i, and after sending a couple of transactions i got the idea that remit2india was far superior and again converted to r2i. and now after 4 months and 11 successful transaction, i can say that remit2india is not a cheater. yes sometimes offering little less transactions then others but its affordable...

• Ha
      28th of Jul, 2008

Hello Mate,

I am agree with this question arised by Harry. I have been using xoom.com for tranfering funds to India since several years, I was very satisfied with their support and toll free numbers facility from India as well. Xoom.com is providing two way support means sender and reciever both can track the transaction and can do inquiry directly through support for their payments. In opposite side, remit2india.com is only providing support for sender i.e. sender can only track the transactions. I faced lots of trouble as they are promising of transfer in 10 working days exculuding sundays and holidays, my receiver received the amount of transfer in about more than 20 workin days.

Well, the hight is that, their online support is not available as well and their support persons are telling that my receiver have received the transfered amount diposited in bank. When I asked for transaction number they given me answer that they are not allowed to disclose this issue, isnt it funny???

Well, I prefere to use western union even though it is costly but it is safe and secure or xoom.com.

• Sh
      9th of Aug, 2008

Is there a site of mass mailer where we can let everyone to not open an account with remit2india. They are ###ing cheats and robbers. remit2India is a TimesofIndia group who is no ###ing good. They cheat people. I have had bad experiences with them and wont ever and ever recommend them to anyone.

• As
      12th of Aug, 2008

I am not convinced by your comments about remit2india. as its a very good online service i have used many times to send n number of $$ even many indians in my staff are using remit2india for their fund transferring. i think some people are spamming here as it appeared in above post Mr. shiv kumar is using abusing words which is not good for complaintboard.com at all..
    Author should take some actions against such spamming posts immediately.

• Na
      21st of Aug, 2008

Hi,

Even I also agree that Remit2India are smart cheaters. Let me tell you my own story. I have initiated 2 Transactions to my regular receiver on 4th August and the status shows as Money Transferred on 8th August.
    Remit2India has not credited to my beneficiaries till today (22nd August) and was using Remit2India for almost 2 years. Customer Support and Toll Free number is very worst and half the time you can't reach them.

I simply advice/suggest NRI's not to use Remit2India.
    Thanks.

27th of Sep, 2008

Remit2India Complaints - Big Cheaters
    If you are sending money to india by remitt2india you will loose your money one day. They do transfer untill they get your confidence then one day suddenly your funds will not reach to you. and yes then you are lost .write thousands of email call them many tims, they will not transfer it.

Well many people use them and now you also know whom they cheated.
    Here really story goes on ..
    I was using this service since years and this time they gave me glitch.
    My money which I transffred on 29th of May 2008 is still not reached to us by now (september 29th).

I call them every week for the issue they make falls promises that they will reply me in 24-48 hours. but no reply no action and story goes on since months. yes they will give false promisses that they will write you in 24-48 hours. but they will not do anything
    IIll post emails I exchanged with them.

SO please beaware from these cheaters. I am looking for a lawyer and let you know if I can sue them.

• Pr
      14th of Oct, 2008

Hi Santosh, dont leave them...do that

20th of Nov, 2008

please any one tell me, remit2 india phone contect no, my money is not reached my home, please reply me,

• Bj
      2nd of Jun, 2009

If you complaint against Remit2india then what do you do with the new Citi Online remit? If you consider that Remit2india is far better. I had very few issue using Remit2india. But Beware of the Citi Online remit 2 india. Don't take my word and do some investigations and go through blogs and you will see you are using one of the world #1 cheaters which is citibank online remit. As far as my experience They took money when converting and took 15 days for a transaction and couldn't deliver and put back into my account after taking more money> Its a rip off and please do not use it. Go for SBI remit which is good and Remit2 india not bad and also Western union even though you pay little more fees. You have peace of mind.

• St
      15th of Sep, 2011

Stay away from REMIT2INDIA- They are smart cheaters.
    Please dont loose hard earned money.

Low Exchange Rate - They offer decent exchange rates during US Day time (Indian Night time) to attract the US Customers. They lower the exchange rates during Indian Day time when actual exchange transaction takes place.

Major Disadvantages:
    1) Transparency is missing.
    2) Low exchange rate.
    3) Major difference in exchane rate published on their website Vs actual exchange rate.
    4) By default, they don't show the actual exchange rate in the transaction status. You need to either call the or email them in order to get these details. Transaction status displays Actual amount that is transferred only.
    5) They dont maintain and provide you Historical exchange rate data. So, you can't validate the transacation and exchange rate applied to your transcation.
    6) Poor customer support
    7) Poor exchange rate especially when sending huge amounts ( more than $15, 000 and over).

Better Alternatives.
    I would prefer to recommnd only ONE. Use SBI Global services. SBI is a GOVT. Enterprise, more reliable, better exchange rate, better transparency, you can view history and actual rate applied details etc.

SBI has two options.
    1) Express Remit - It is good, moderately fast, reliable and more useful for regular transactions. They have limits (non SB banks - $1000, SBH- $5000, unlimited to SBI Branches). US customers can use ACH as well.
    2) Rapid Remit : No limits, very fast. You need to wire transfer the money from your bank to SBI Newyork. So, little extra money for wire transfer. (usually $25-$50) depending on your bank.

• Cs
      20th of Sep, 2011

Dear Customer,
    I am writing on behalf of Remit2India. We would like to assist you with your concerns.
    We request you to write to us at escalation@remit2india.com.
    Regards,
    Remit2India

• Ar
      30th of Sep, 2011

I totally agree with Harry. Remit2India is big cheater. After I started sending money through xoom.com, I realized what a big scam remit2india is. They hold your money for atleast a week to deliver it to the receiver. Big Cheater!!!

• Cs
      10th of Oct, 2011

Dear Customer,

I am writing on behalf of remit2india.

We request you to write to us at escalation@remit2india.com and give as an opportunity to be of service to you.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
    Remit2India

• Mr
      14th of Feb, 2012

I use remit2india frequently and am looking for alternative service now. It takes weeks for funds to transfer although they withdraw money from my bank almost immediately. Other than that, I guess their service is okay, customer service is helpful.

• Di
      20th of Mar, 2012

I think they are cheats... I booked an ACH transaction which was rejected by so called compliance department but was suggested to book another transaction for the same amount using EFT. The EFT transaction was approved and went thru fine but i ended up paying another $20 for this transaction.

If a transaction is to be rejected by compliance then it should be rejected no matter it is ACH or EFT. This had happened before and has happened yet again. I would rather prefer to spend $10 more and send the EFT directly to my account in India. This way i pay $10 more (i.e. $30) but then i do not have to go thru another mediator.

• Bj
      16th of Apr, 2012

I agree because I had the same experience where I got less than what I was shown during the transaction and I shopped around and now uses Federal Bank transfer and its peace of mind and savings with best transaction rates. Best services. Now a days try to use the banks directly.

• Pr
      3rd of Jul, 2012

Remit2india is worst way to send money india. don't need to write much, whoever above mentioned in response is 100% correct, its a frustrating experience for me who is currently following up with their support teams who only best in providing expert EXCUSES that too change as the discussion goes. they trained their employees good for negotiating with customers and making them fool.

• Ev
      17th of Sep, 2012

Yes, Remit2india is worst way to send money to India.
    They hold your money until the exchange rate drops and they tell you excuses like
    "You have not made any remit transactions recently that is the reason for the delay."
    They held my transaction nearly 3 weeks and transferred funds when the rate dropped from 55.36 + bonus 5 paisa to 53.13.
    When you call customer service they put you on hold for long time. It is a frustrating experience for me also.