Regions Bank / scam and abuse!
When my great-aunt died in 2003, it was discovered that her care-taker had withdrawn over $250,000 from her Regions Bank account over a 4 year period, leaving her on the brink of bankruptcy and public assistance. The funds were spent on things like Harley Davidsons, video games, acne medication, high school tutoring, fashion clothing, care taker's credit cards, care taker's utilities, etc. The checks were forged.
Regions Bank's fraud detection system flagged the activity repeatedly. Regions Bank officers testified under oath that they discussed the situation on multiple occasions and consciously chose to do nothing: like contact its attorneys or call any goverment officials. Regions Bank had several conflicts of interest. 1) It profited from collecting ongoing NSF fees and CD early withdrawal penalties - amounting to over $10,000 (and exceeding $1000 in one given month). 2) The care-taker was a client of Regions Bank, so the bank didn't want to alienate this individual or any local relatives.
Regions Bank never once apologized and never once offered to refund the funds that it allowed to leave my aunt's account fraudulently. In fact, it allowed its lawyers to taunt my family by making minuscule offers for settlement. Overall, Regions Bank has shown its total disdain for its consumers, especially its vulnerable, elderly consumers.
The estate's legal suit went to the Alabama Supreme Court twice. But Regions Bank headquarters in Birmingham Alabama and has strong political presence. Regions Bank hired one of Birmingham's largest legal firms to protect itself and its mode of operation. All of the documentation from this legal suit are available to the public. Consumers can decide for themselves if Regions Bank behaved properly.
Alabama voters also need to know that the governor and senators of Alabama were contacted about this case and not a single one has offered any kind of restitution or change in the law to date.
More Regions Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Regions Bank - atm deposit not applied to account 
- Regions Bank - account closure for no reason 
- Regions Bank Credit Card / FIA Card Services - added unauthorized charges! 
- Regions Bank - notarized lien release letter 
- Regions Mortgage - loan modification denial 
- Regions Financial Corporation - banking
- Regions Financial Corporation - sign up bonus on checking account
- Regions Bank - representatives at branch
- Regions Financial Corporation - poor customer service
- Regions Financial Corporation - unauthorized or fraudulent charge allowed on account