Regent Insurance / Claim on my car regent insurance!

1 South Africa Review updated:

Hi I was involved in an accident with my my golf 5 2.0 FSI on the 29th of June 2007 and submitted the claim to Regent Insurance in Durban on monday the 2nd of July 2007 to the Lady ( Jody Leith) that is handling my claim. I submitted the claim form together with the accident report number and contact details of the company that towed my car. I phoned the tow company on Sunday the 8th of July 2007 just check what's happening with the car as i have not heard from Regent (Jody), i found that Regent had authorized the for the car to be moved to Harrismith panel beaters and the car is at the panel beaters. On Monday the 9th of July i phoned Jody (Regent) to follow up then she told me that she is still waiting for a quotation from the panel beaters, I must phone them, ask them to send her the quotation (What do i pay insurance for?). I phoned the owner of the Panel beating shop, he said that he had sent a quotation to regent already, I asked him to fax me a copy then i sent it to Jody on the 9th of july via email and received confirmation that she read the email that same morning. On the 11th of July 2007 i phoned Jody again to follow, then she started telling me how my claim has technically been with her since Monday as she did not have the quotation. On the day that i submitted my claim to her, she said that it 2 to 3 days for the assessor to look at the car and confirm the claim. She promised to call me on Friday the 13th to let know how she has gone, Today is the 17th of July 2007, i still have not heard from Jody Please help as i need the car to do my work, I am an IT specialist and without my car i cannot work. I am battling to get to my client's. When this happened i phoned their road side assistance, they said they were too busy, they will call me back. About 30 minutes later i phoned again, they were still busy. Till today i have not received a call from Regent.

More Regent Insurance Complaints & Reviews

Comments

27th of Jul, 2007

I agree with the complaint, the client all the required documentation and now he is being given a run around, it is totally unaccepted to not to come back to customers after have promised to do so. personally l feel this Judy is unprofessional and needs a lesson in customer services.