Reed Nissan / service charged for work not done

1 3776 West Colonial DriveOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-297-7333

I Purchased an under warranty Nissan Xterra, when a week after purchasing it the airbag light came on, it took me about 3 weeks before i had time to go into the dealership to have it looked at. in the meantime I had a new stereo installed. The service manager told me that because their was a new Stereo installed It voided my warranty and I would need to pay $90 diagnostic fee, however if it wasnt something to do with the radio install they would not charge me. Fair enough I said.

They came back and said that it was the installers fault and that they checked and the airbag was disconnected and they had to remove the stereo and reconnect 2 wires.. Well it just so happens that I had a camera on in the car and recording at the time they supposedly weer reparing these wires. and all it shows it the tech getting into the car, plugging his diagnostic computer in. hitting reset on it then leaving for about 20 mins then coming back and driving the car back to me. NO "fixing" of wires, no Removing the dash ext ect.

When I challenged them on this they assured me they did the work.. until I told them about the video. then they said oh it was a "mis- communication" between the tech and the service writer. BUT still charged me the $90 fee saying that it MUST have been something to do with the stereo install. even though i had just caught them lying about what they did. They refused to release me car till it was paid. I have the video and the resulting audio from the conversations with the service manager and would definably NOT recommend them to anyone. This company tries to charge you for work NOT performed. the video is available here to see: http://www.poweredhouse.com/carrepair1.wmv

Comments

Do
  24th of Mar, 2008

I have a brand new car taken to this Reed Nissan. They charged for work that was not done too.
People there ( Manager & Techs ) are ###ING IDIOTS!!

tHEY RIPPED OFF THEIR unsuspecting customers.

Th
  20th of Nov, 2008

Customer had stereo installed by a stereo store, and they disconnected the sensor wires, which trips the warning indicators. Equipment to reset codes costs dealers approximately $5, 000.00, technician pay averages $20.00 per hour. It seems there is some opinions that everything should be done "free of charge" regardless of the circumstances. I wish I could get a free meal from a restaurant because I damaged my tire on the curb in their parking lot. I suppose they should not put curbs in parking lots.
Or maybe they should have somebody waiting in the parking lot to park patrons cars and not run over the curbs. ??????????

Zi
  1st of Sep, 2009

my husband and i bough a new 2006 maxima so far my engine light stay on my catalyst by fire wall went out my sun roof stop working all my head lights and back lights went out catalyst on the bottom went out i need a new transmission so i ask how can this happen to a three year old car they told me that i drive my car too much . do not spend your money on nissan cars