Reed Nissan / service charged for work not done
I Purchased an under warranty Nissan Xterra, when a week after purchasing it the airbag light came on, it took me about 3 weeks before i had time to go into the dealership to have it looked at. in the meantime I had a new stereo installed. The service manager told me that because their was a new Stereo installed It voided my warranty and I would need to pay $90 diagnostic fee, however if it wasnt something to do with the radio install they would not charge me. Fair enough I said.
They came back and said that it was the installers fault and that they checked and the airbag was disconnected and they had to remove the stereo and reconnect 2 wires.. Well it just so happens that I had a camera on in the car and recording at the time they supposedly weer reparing these wires. and all it shows it the tech getting into the car, plugging his diagnostic computer in. hitting reset on it then leaving for about 20 mins then coming back and driving the car back to me. NO "fixing" of wires, no Removing the dash ext ect.
When I challenged them on this they assured me they did the work.. until I told them about the video. then they said oh it was a "mis- communication" between the tech and the service writer. BUT still charged me the $90 fee saying that it MUST have been something to do with the stereo install. even though i had just caught them lying about what they did. They refused to release me car till it was paid. I have the video and the resulting audio from the conversations with the service manager and would definably NOT recommend them to anyone. This company tries to charge you for work NOT performed. the video is available here to see: http://www.poweredhouse.com/carrepair1.wmv
More Reed Nissan Complaints & Reviews
- Nissan Murano Transfer Case - problems with transfer case 
- Nissan Motor Acceptance Corportation - car loan customer service 
- Nissan Altima - rear brake problems 
- Nissan Canada - poor customer service 
- Nissan USA - shoddiest customer service I have ever experienced! 
- Nissan North America - 2011 nissan sentra
- Nissan North America - defective steering wheel
- Nissan Canada Customer Service - nissan canada
- Nissan - the horrible service at nissan
- Nissan Canada - 2015 altima s