Redbubble.com / no right of reply

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

As a customer on Redbubble.com I've got little to complain about. However as an artist my experience was not so fantastic. Back in 2012 I was accused (by an unknown third party) of copyright infringement to which Redbubble (without consultation or warning) removed my artwork from the site. I provided Redbubble's lawyers with all the appropriate evidence to the contrary and they eventually reinstated my artwork. Only recently has this again occurred (2014), funnily enough in relation to the exact same artwork. I was annoyed that it happened again, but I was sure they'd follow a similar procedure to last time. But even after I provided the same evidence as last time, they refused to reinstate my artwork. They didn't even have the decency to explain their decision. For Redbubble it's a case of "the customer is always right and artists need not reply".

Ar
Apr 23, 2014

Comments

• Ti
      4th of Jun, 2012
    Redbubble.com - A sordid little site with dubious moral standards
    Redbubble.com
    redbubble.com

A sordid little site with dubious moral standards, shoddy and unpleasant management and second-rate, over-priced products with rip-off postage prices (profits by stealth). There are many better rival sites out there.

• Ko
      31st of May, 2013
    Redbubble.com - Fraud
    Red Bubble
    Canada

Red Bubble has twice tried to fraudulently charge our company credit cards for over $1500 each time requiring cancellation and replacement of these cards. We have never done business with them so they are obviously scammers!!

• Co
      4th of Jun, 2014

You can try documenting the authenticity (and any use) of your work on copypedia.com Good luck!

• Sh
      23rd of Jul, 2014

RedBubble is the biggest joke on the internet. I bought a tee shirt from this site and the silkscreen image is smeared with black ink all over the shirt. Convenintly there is no telephone number and they have not answered my emails. Do NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM REDBUBBLE EVER !!!

• Li
      28th of Oct, 2014

I have just had the same experience. They didn't even have the decency to provide any info about the image that was deleted. thanks to google cache, I managed to re-find it and discover that it was just the title. The title was used as the title of a play in 1961 and then a film in the seventies but a pop group claim that I violated THEIR copyright and my image (due to the title) was just deleted. Clearly they do not own copyright but that doesnt matter to RedBubble. To counter claim I have to surrender myself to the U.S. courts and fight it there... some hope. Like you I am disgusted. And please, anyone who feels like complaining to They Might Be Giants (who are apparently the ones who claim ownership of the English language) please do. I hope their larynxes fuse. I am a struggling artist who has been victimized by this group of acid heads and a company that USED to support its artists. no more...